Chapter 10

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

Night Knights.

 

Daehyun lay in bed staring at the ceiling. He'd been staring at it for so long he could almost count the number of tiny cracks. Chunji's words haunted him. He felt foolish to think that he would be the only one who could truely protect you. He was wrong. You took after your mother, though he hadn't really met your father because it wasn't a marriage that Boss agreed to. 

You are beautiful. Zelo was the only one who actually said it out loud. Daehyun didn't exactly liked the idea of having the MyungYeol brothers going after you too. Since they were always better with words or rather, expressions. Daehyun laughed bitterly, you must have really disliked him from the start. 

But he felt relieved too. Since there was a spoken rule by the Boss before he went to look for you. 

'You guys shouldn't even dream about having any other relationships with you. I choose who she will be with.'

Daehyun knew nobody dared to defy that order. He sighed putting a hand over his eyes and wished he could fall asleep soon. But he couldn't stop thinking about you, he wondered if that was how the others felt too... 

* * * * *

'Are you asleep?' Sungyeol asked and tossed his pillow up in the darkness. 

'Yes.' L replied. Sungyeol threw the pillow in his direction. 

'WHAT THE!' L sat up and stared at Sungyeol who stood up and walked towards the window. 

'Why aren't you sleeping? You are thinking about her aren't you?' Sungyeol's expression looked even sadder in the moonlight. L sighed and rested his chin on his knee. 

'Aren't you doing the same?' He replied glancing up at Sungyeol who was now smiling. A sour feeling struck L, he didn't expect that his best buddy would end up having feelings for the same girl. 

'Are you going to fight for her?' L's voice was almost a whisper. He knew about his unlimited awkwardness around girls even though he knew exactly how a simple smirk can make the other girls in school go crazy, but you're not them. 

Sungyeol glanced at the moon thinking if he should tell L about Daehyun. But he knew Daehyun wouldn't dare try anything obvious, because the rule from Boss was clear; think about anything other than protecting her, you're out of the house. 

He ruffled his hair in frustration earning a quizzical look from L. 'What?' 

'Nothing. Did you remember how we end up like this?' Sungyeol asked with a grin. 

'What? You mean liking the same girl?' L replied absentmindedly and Sungyeol grabbed another pillow, tossed it towards L. 

'Yah Myungsoo I'm hurt. I meant our friendship. FU-REN-DEU-SHI-PEU!' 

L laughed as memories from years ago flooded back into his mind easily. Their friendship was something he treasured most, now that he think about it, he might just gave up liking you if you chose Sungyeol. 

 

They were both 10 that year living in XX Orphanage and didn't even have any memories about their parents. The chief said they were both abandoned at a very young age. L was a quiet child, and had a white bunny that he brought along everywhere. That was the only thing that his parents left him with. Sungyeol on the other hand, was a really playful one. He would steal food from others' plates or fight for toys that doesn't belonged to him. They were playing in the playground one day and Sungyeol had the thought of taking over L's bunny and they broke into a fight.

The chief broke them up eventually and they were both drowning in tears. That was when L shouted, 'this is the only thing dad and mom left me. Who do you think you are to take it away from me?' and that struck Sungyeol hard and tosed a toy car in his direction. It hit L in the forehead and blood oozed out from the wound at once.

Sungyeol didn't care.

He was jealous. His parents left him nothing. He was angry, sad and he didn't understood why they chose to abandon him. L didn't cry upon the impact, he saw the look on Sungyeol's face and felt that anger and saddness.  

Sungyeol gritted his teeth. Nobody liked me, he thought and buried his face into his hands.

L lightly pushed away the Chief's protective hands despite his fresh wound and made his way over to Sungyeol. L didn't felt scared, he felt like he had finally found a friend. He patted Sungyeol on his head and he looked up with teary eyes. Then L did the least expected; he passed him his bunny. 'We can be his brother, together.' Sungyeol stopped crying and smiled taking the bunny in his hands. Then L felt the short sharp pain on his forehead and was suddenly on the verge of crying, back to being a 10 year old.

Sungyeol laughed at his hilarious expression, making L laugh too. 

'They are good kids, I shall take them.' That was when a man's voice was heard and they both turned around curiously. He walked towards them casually and patted their heads with a wide grin. 'From today on, you're going to have a really nice family.'

That, was their first meeting with Boss and the start of their new found friendship. 

 

L blinked at his reminisces and laughed. 'Yah, you know I was totally faking it when I said it didn't hurt.' 

'Oh really? You should've seen your half crying face when you passed me that little horrible looking bunny. I have no idea how I actually took a liking to it then.' Sungyeol teased making a face while L stood up in total irritation at that unwanted confession. They exchanged a few glances but end up laughing. 

'Myungsoo ah, thankyou.' 

 

* * * * *

L.Joe poured himself a glass of water and glanced out at the open field behind the mansion. The mansion hadn't really changed much since he could remember. He grew up with Daehyun until the rest was brought in by Boss, but they had never been close. The thought of Daehyun made his blood boil.

One bad thing about his photographic memory was that he could remember all too well. He'd accidentally seen your diary entry about Daehyun and that was how he knew about his screwed up actions at the balcony. He didn't see it happened infront of him but somehow his fury rose at the thought of it. 

He didn't even realise when did he started having a really over-protective awareness towards you. And since he'd knew Daehyun since forever, he wouldn't tolerate the fact that this cold heartless man would actually want to get involved with you. He'd seen how Daehyun knocked down everyone in his path just to catch Boss's attention. He had no idea what bigger motive grew in Daehyun's mind.

That man's merciless taekwondo still haunted him, he'd showed no compassion at all and even sent some guy into the hospital for breaking their jaws. Even though that baby faced Zelo has got talent in that sport too, he didn't seemed as terrible as compared to Daehyun.

L.Joe naturally flinched at the thought. A big brother wouldn't want his little sister's happiness destroyed. Now he had to prevent your curiousity towards Daehyun be turned into something even more complicated and unstoppable.

 

Chunji walked into the kitchen and saw L.Joe deeply emersed in thoughts.

'What are you doing?' He asked suddenly startling L.Joe and he almost spilled the glass of water on himself. 

'N..Nothing.' he stuttered and walked away awkwardly. Chunji laughed and gave L.Joe a pat on his shoulder.

'What?' L.Joe's expression hardened.

'Don't think too much. Everything's going to be fine. Have a good night and be prepared for the trip tomorrow.' Chunji simply replied with a smile and a thumbs up. 

As if, L.Joe thought as he made him way back to his bedroom. Nothing is alright if the devil is here. 

Chunji smiled as he watched a tiny drop of water fell into the sink. 

'mmm seems like our princess is gaining alot of knights in shiny white armours.'

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE. MUAHAHAHAHA. OKAY WHOT. /WINK/ THANKYOU NEW SUBSCRIBERS!! (;