Chapter 25

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

I opened my eyes slowly, seeing Daehyun and Chunji standing near my window. I sat up slowly but they were so engrossed in their own conversation they didn't realise I was awake. I touched my lips with my finger tips, remembering last night. I smiled only to be startled by L.Joe's cough. 

'Ehem, here, have a glass of water.' L.Joe passed me a glass of water as delicately as always. I took the glass in my hands and gave him an eyeful. 'What?' He mouthed and turned to look at Chunji and Daehyun. 

'Hi guys I'm awake already?' I asked after taking a sip. They turned around at once, they serious expressions changed to bright smiles in a second. 

'I didn't know you were so tired, does my kiss did that much work on you?' Daehyun teased with a smirk. 

'DAEHYUN!' heat rose to my cheeks and I tried to hide my face behind my nasty bed hair. L.Joe laughed beside me.

But the fun atmosphere didn't last long. 

'What have you guys been talking about? That Hyerim woman?' I asked knowing that this topic can't be avoided. 

'I didn't expect that coming from Haraboji to be honest.' L.Joe added with a frown and sat down on the couch infront of me. Chunji nodded silently. Daehyun looked at me and tried a smile. He tried, I know.

Sigh why does love has to be so hard? 

'About that Hyerim, I've found out a little more than enough about her.' Chunji added with his class president tone. I listened attentively. 

'She's the adopted daughter of LT Electronics, since we are all somewhat adopted sons of Boss, this could forge another alliance with our competitor.' Chunji added staring out of the window. 

'What about her?' Sungyeol suddenly appeared at the door. Since when did he entered without a sound? He smiled warmly when he saw me struggling to comb through my tangled hair, his chubby cheeks still as adorable as ever. I couldn't help but return his smile with a wider grin. 

'Why are you here?' Daehyun narrowed his eyes. He's jealous. I cleared my throat and Sungyeol sat down beside L.Joe crossing his arms in the process. He gave Daehyun another childish glare before crossing his legs too. 

'Let's continue.' L.Joe was getting impatient, crossing his arms too. 

'Right, so Hyerim ssi will arrive in,' Chunji checked his watch, '3 hours.' 

I took a deep breath, In 3 hours Daehyun will have to be with another woman for the rest of the day or even longer. I let out a sigh and Daehyun turned to look at me. His eyes lingered on mine for a long while as he slowly made his way to my side and lie down beside me. I stared at him in surprise, me and him in bed.. right how can I not let those throughts go on.

Meanwhile Chunji cleared his throat playfully and L.Joe looked away with a sigh while Sungyeol looked as though he could pounce on Daehyun anytime from now. But his expression softened eventually. 

Beneath the blankets, Daehyun grabbed my hand and drew small ticklish circles with his thumb. 

'To what I found out, Hyerim ssi is a year younger than you. Generally shy personality, a typical introvert. You shouldn't have any problems serving her.' Chunji continued. But I didn't like the way he put his facts across. Especially when he said 'serving'. 

Daehyun only nodded in silence while I frown at his laid back reaction. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

'Come in.' Chunji said.

'Erm Hello, this is supposed to be my room guys.' I rolled my eyes while he laughed.

Myungsoo poked his head through the gap and entered with Jihye beside him. I narrowed my eyes at Jihye and made a face. 

'Good morning you!' Jihye exclaimed all ready to jump in bed with me but stopped when she saw Daehyun lying with his eyes closed beside me. She gave me a teasing look and dragged Myungsoo to the couch to join the rest. 

'Right so everyone's here now.' L.Joe fist bumped Myungsoo as he sat down beside Sungyeol and gave him an unexpected headlock.

'Seems like we're having this illegal gathering too often these days.' I commented and laughed. Chunji nodded in agreement. Meanwhile Daehyun was still doing that hand-tease he had been doing.

'Let's just hope that this lady isn't an unexpected timebomb.' Chunji leaned against the window and fiddled with his cuff links. 

'Haraboji found out about the two of you.' Jihye suddenly said earning the puzzled looks of everyone. It was evident but to hear that from someone who wasn't present at most 'family meetings' was even more surprising.

'Where did you heard that from?' She got Chunji's attention and even the laid back Daehyun sat up at once. 

'I overheard them talking last night. I was curious so I went to the wing where his office was. I'm sorry.' Jihye lowered her head with a pout. 

'It's okay you don't have to apologise, what exactly did you hear?' Myungsoo asked tucking a loose stand of her hair behind her ear.

'I heard Haraboji said that he would never allow the same thing from happening twice,' everyone froze at this, we knew exactly what Haraboji was referring to. Mom. 'Then K ahjussi asked if that's what he wanted,' Jihye paused for a long while, the suspense was already killing us. 

'Even if she has to hate me, it's for her own good. I have to do this, break them up. A relationship like this won't bring her any happiness, he won't be worthly of her. - So he said.' Jihye ended with a sigh and looked at me worriedly. 

My jaws hung open. So that's why? All for me? All because of this?

Beside me, Daehyun stiffened and stood up with a sigh. 

'So the conclusion is how unworthly I am.' He muttered under his breath. 

'That's far from the truth.' I retorted grabbing his hand before he walked any further away from me. I hated seeing his back. He turned around and smiled, but the smile didn't touch his eyes. 

'He will understand eventually.' Chunji added. 

'Ahh...' Sungyeol mumbled. Myungsoo leaned back against the couch and draped his hand over his forehead. 

'Chunji you ready?' Daehyun asked after a while.

'Ever ready.' Chunji smiled confidently.

 

'Isn't it better this way? Now it might be easier since we more or less knew where Boss is coming from?' Myungsoo said suddenly with his smirk. 

'How..' Jihye asked but stopped when Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at her. 

'Interesting huh.' Chunji ran his fingers through his hair. 

'Don't worry, I will not fail you, my princess.' Daehyun teased with a smirk but leaned in to give me quick peck on my forehead. 'What are you doing?! others are all watching!' I half yelled in his ears. He flicked my forehead lightly and ruffled my hair with that trademark smirk. 'Who cares.'

Then he got up and joined the others in a line infront of my bed. This was just like how we first met, they stood with such mannerism and charisma as they wore their best smiles of the day on their perfect faces. Tears began forming at the brim of my eyes. I fought back the urge to cry as I sniffled a sob. Daehyun winked in my direction. 

'Thankyou. All of you.' 

* * * * *

Chunji stood beside the table as he wore a glove on his right hand. He smiled with that tiny hint of bashfullness even though he looked totally professional at this moment. Opposite the table Niel waved at me. I waved back and caught Daehyun pouting adorably in a corner. What? is he jealous now? How adorable. 

Siwan walked towards the table after fist bumping everyone on his side. I have to admit he has a certain flower boy charm in him. The silent type, who made you felt like the whole world rained sakura petals when he walk past. My heart skipped a weird beat when our eyes met and he smiled with a bow. A total gentlemen indeed. Beside me Jihye nudged my side, she knew exactly what I was thinking. Both Myungsoo and Daehyun's eyes narrowed behind us and we stuck out our tongues at them in unison and high fived next. 

Myungsoo did that facepalm and Daehyun simply wrinkled his nose and faked a cough before freigning innocent.

Haraboji arrived shortly with Mr K as he sat down like a boss in his seat. 

'Let us begin,' He announced with his usual authoritative voice, 'A game of Pool.' 

________________________________________________________________________________________