Chapter 14

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

FIRST PERSON POV. 

If one day, a rich granddad comes around and tells you that you're his grand daughter... run. 

See, that's how things turned out into. I'm actually going to make a choice now. Right maybe.. choices with the 'S'. The eight man or boys.. or I don't even know their age for god sake. How am I suppose to randomly eliminate some strangers right off the bat?! 

'you' Haraboji asks again. 

Really, there's actually a limit to my tolerance and this is definitely too much. Yongguk was smiling at me, he seems really nice though and his deep voice is really something. 

Just chose whatever you

Easier said than done. Looking at Dae stupid Hyun over there made me all angsty again. If there's something invented just for me to look into his mind... or his heart... Argh whatever. 

Well let's see. Dongwoo seems really nice too! His smile reminds me of Sungyeol - all teeth and gum showing. Pass! 

Siwan.. I have to admit he looks so femine im doubting my own appearance. Pass!

Jinyoung, he definitely reminds me of Daehyun. I have no idea but the two of them seems to emit the same cold icy blue aura. For that... Pass!

Dongjun, he was smiling at me all along but something about him reminds me of the idiom - Don't judge a book by its cover... and I caught that competitive glance from him to L.Joe. mmm. Maybe no. 

Sunggyu, I have to say his eyes were hardly visible but he seems really calm. He kept his hands behind him all the while, even bowing with dignity. Not so bad. Pass!

Niel, did I mention how thick his lips were? But they weren't so bad, pretty charming lips though. He just smiled shyly at me. well Pass! 

Gongchan totally reminds me of Zelo for no reason, they seems bubbly but one Zelo in the house is enough. 

And Yongguk, I was really attracted to him, not that kind of attraction, but more towards his charming and deep voice. He smiles with a little hint of awkwardness, brushing his nose with the back of his index finger. He mostly smirks but it's okay. His smirks don't call for punches. I shot Daehyun a glance but he just looked away. 

'Haraboji, I've decided.' Then I pointed to the boys. Haraboji smiled, but there was something fishy behind that smile. It doesn't seem genuine, like he's doing this for a reason. Some reason I shouldn't be knowing. But what mom said in the letter bothers me so much, someone in my heart? Follow my heart? Seems like my heart led me to a dead end.

Daehyun was looking in my direction while I pointed at my 'decisions'. His poker face is giving me nightmares already. Sigh, mom maybe I'm just not cut out for this, maybe I should just accept my pathetic fate of a rich princess. 

Dongjun and Gongchan was led outside by Mr K, the rest of them were eyeing my bodyguards in a really weird manner. What? No fighting okay. I'm not a fan of violence.

I shrugged it off. Like seriously, not the time to think about them fighting, I have my own 'rest of my life' to think about. 

'So...' I muttered but Haraboji cut me off. 

'We'll have a competition between you and you. He said pointing to the 6 remaining boys and Daehyun. 

'Fair enough.' Chunji muttered behind me and smiled when I gave him a frown. 

'There will be 7 matches. The competitors and details of the matches will be released tomorrow noon by K. Problems?' Haraboji lifted my hand and grinned. 

'you ah, these guys will prove to you if they are worthy of you.' He jerked his head towards Daehyun and then at Dongwoo. I can only nod. Fact is, I'm speechless. Now they're going to compete. It's like those old days were the men battle for the woman of their dreams. I'm just rich now, or I just had another identity, but I'm still the same old boring me. What is there to fight for? 

Haraboji must have noticed, he asked the 6 males to fully introduce themselves. Sigh, I'm really not interested. 

Pouting at Chunji won't work, there's nothing he can do except showing me another helpless smile. 

'Annyeonghasaeyo you ssi, I'm Dongwoo, 20. second son of the Jang family, we own the xxx car business.' Dongwoo introduced humbly ending it with his sunshine smile again. I smiled back unknowingly, his smile is actually contagious. 

'I'm Siwan, 21. only son of the Im family, we own the xxx clothing brand.' Siwan introduced next, I was taken aback by his tone and modesty. He seems so composed, and his smile was gentle not forceful, not too excited too. Just nice to know he is genuinely smiling. I nodded in response smiling bashfully.

In the corner of my eye I thought Daehyun just used his forceful deadly eye power on me. I ignored it completely of course. I'm actually begining to take interests in my 'future fiances'. Not that I want to, but when you compare them with Daehyun? So worth the effort to try and annoy him. 

'I'm Jinyoung, 21. only son of the Jung family. Our family owns the xxx music academies across the country.' Jinyoung was really an ice prince. But his pheonix eyes were rather mesmerizing. He has really good manners and I noticed he has long fingers. Since his family owns music academies, maybe he could play the piano or something? 

'I'm Sunggyu, 23. first son of the Kim family. Our family own the xxx properties.' Sunggyu's a little intimidating, but his eyes seem to smile even if his face isn't. First son, is that why I feel that unconscious big brother characteristics aura flowing out of him while he speaks? 

'I'm Niel, 18. only son of the Ahn family, our family manufacture LED screens.' Niel was definitely the best example of modesty. His doesn't speak with a confident voice though, but he seems cute like that. I felt like we could be friends since we're of the same age. I smiled back and he returned with a bashful grin. Even his ears are turning red. I giggled at the sight. 

'I'm Yongguk, 23. First son of the Bang family. Our family owns the xxx motorcycle brand.' I swear Yongguk's voice is definitely something i have to get use to. His voice was deeper than everyone else in the room. His has a really wide grin and he always look at the ground after smiling. 

So in conclusion, Haraboji needs to find someone worthly of me. In terms of money and family fortune. Well. Check. In terms of looks. Well another Check. In terms of mannerism. BIG CHECK.  

'Wow, why didn't I knew about you guys before?' I frowned scratching my forehead with my finger tips. 

Yongguk smiled. 'We were all privately schooled.' I nodded in agreement. So I figured. 

'Well, in terms of age you guys are older than these guys.' I looked in Daehyun direction and at the rest, especially Zelo who seemed really bothered by Yongguk with no reason, he just kept staring at him. Sungyeol wrinkled his nose, and shook his head. 

'In terms of abilities, we'll see.' That was definitely a challenge as they all straightened up including that stupid Daehyun. Chunji was especially serious suddenly. Never seen that resolve coming from him before. I could feel their determination to win the matches.

I don't know, I'm touched of course. If they are actually thinking for my sake and not because it's a men's fight. 

'Well, that's for now. Goodluck. K, show them to their rooms.' Haraboji clapsed his hands together and gestured at Mr K. 

At least it's all over. For now. 

What's gonna happen tomorrow? Who the hell know.

* * * * *

 

FLASHBACK

Daehyun looked at the rest, stunned. 

'What?! You all like noona?!' Zelo shouted. A little too loud and Sungyeol had to headlock him and cover his mouth in case he said something else. 

Daehyun looked at Sungyeol and then at L. He was taken aback. He was taking this opportunity to make them give up. 

Zelo broke free from Sunyeol's and sat down half fuming. 

'So we all like you noona.' He stand up suddenly and then grabbed Daehyun by his collar. 

'But you?!' He couldn't believe that Daehyun who was the living ambassador of ColdCityMan Ville would like you. 

'Stop Zelo, sit down.' Sungyeol called and Zelo released his grip slowly, sinking back into the couch. Sungyeol turned to L and then to Daehyun. He could only sigh. 

'I don't exactly like her in a romantic way probably.' L suddenly said and Daehyun thought he just threw a rock off his shoulders. 

Sungyeol frowned. 'But..' 

'I wasn't sure. She was special. I was shy around her not because I like her. Maybe it's because she treats me too kindly. I don't know.' L said rubbing his nape. He was making an effort to sort that confused feelings of his.

Daehyun didn't speak as he sat down and stared at the coffee table like it was the most interesting thing on earth. He didn't know how to face Sungyeol because his feeling were as genuine as his own. 

'Daehyun, don't expect me to give her to you.' Sungyeol said harshly. 

'Not expecting that.' Daehyun simply answered. Zelo was fuming on his own but he decided to in at this moment. 'I vote one for Sungyeol.' 

'Don't you like her too.' Daehyun suddenly replied catching Zelo by surprise. 

'She's a noona to me but you. I can fool around infront of you, but when she's involved, you are out of the question you cold city hyung.' Zelo crossed his arms and leaned back against the couch looking up at the ceiling. 

Daehyun laughed helplessly. 'So that's how I am to you guys.' 

'I saw how you defeat every opponent in those Taekwondo lessons. I thought you have no actually feelings, especially to a girl.' Zelo added still avoiding eye contact with Daehyun.

'We should listen to his side of the story then.' L suggested earning shocked glances from both Sungyeol and Zelo. 

'Hey, brother you're supposed to be on my side.' Sungyeol nudged him but Daehyun began speaking without waiting. 

'I met her earlier than most of you...... '

When he was done, everyone exchanged surprised glances. L.Joe and Chunji have heard all of what Daehyun said. Chunji patted L.Joe back and winked. 'All solved.' L.Joe was disappointed actually, he didn't expect Daehyun to be such a person. That was ages ago, how can he remember a girl for that long? But again if it's you, it's possible. 

'Not giving her to you.' Sungyeol crossed his arms and looked away. 

'Not expecting that either.' Daehyun smiled. 'We have 8 other potential candidates don't we?' But deep down he wasn't expecting you to react to those guys, He could feel in his guts that you have feelings for him, but he just can't make out if it's all negative or it's positive. It was frustrating enough to just think about it, but it was something he would never shown the rest. 

'Don't you guys think it's too soon?' Chunji said and met Daehyun's gaze. They were thinking about the same thing. It was too soon, alot sooner than expected. Boss must have suspected something. He rubbed his nape. 

'Anyway I have a plan.' L.Joe said at this time and caught the attention of everyone. 'Daehyun you'll tell Boss.....' 

'It's going to work. Best, to delay.' L.Joe stretched out his fist and looked at everyone else. They all exchanged grins. 

'Deal.' 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

OKAY. YEA. OKAY. SO THE REMAINING 6 ARE RESULTS OF THE POLL. B) THANKYOU FOR PARTICIPATING! B) GONNA GET BUSIER SO PROBABLY WILL TAKE LONGER TO UPDATE. PARDON ME AND CONTINUE TO GIVE ME SUPPORT YEA~ B)