A thousand years worth.

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

I turn to Hyerim, somehow she has become the next person after Jihye I turn to for support. Weird, but isn't that how life is? Sometimes that biggest enemy might just be the only person to know what's on your mind? After all, know your enemies and know yourself. 

Both Sehun and Hyerim are looking at me with a quizzical look. I didn't exactly have a good feeling about this. Somehow I doesn't want Daehyun to answer that right now. 

That reminds me of what Hyerim asked earlier in the car. Afterall, our love has been hard and full of obstacles so far. 

Daehyun nudges me hand lightly and I keep my gaze fixed on him. Something tells me, I'll need to remember this moment. Behind Haraboji, Mr K's gaze fell on me and his face falls significantly compared to just a few minutes ago. 

I watch as Daehyun inhales deeply and there, I see that flicker of determination. My heart skips a beat. This is the man I love. 

'Yes I am.' and he answers firmly.

Haraboji closes his eyes briefly and nods. 'I wasn't wrong to raise you just like my son.' then with a short wave of his hand, Mr K steps forward, bending down to Haraboji's eye level. 

'There are some preparations to be done for Daehyun's departure and regarding tomorrow's engagement party, it will go on as planned. Invite the media too. I am going to introduce my beautiful grand daughter to the world.' He says giving me smiles inbetween. 

But that isn't what I've caught in that order.

Departure? What departure? 

'Haraobji, you're sending Daehyun somewhere?' I asks and he doesn't look the least shocked at my sharpness. He is expecting that. Looking at me with a soft expression, he turns to Daehyun as he speaks.

'I've trained him to be a good bodyguard material in preparation for the day of your arrival into the family. But he still has alot, a whole lot to learn if he plans to take over my company.'

He let out a sigh and continues.

'I will send him to the States to further study, this period might be hard for the both of you, but since this is something you have decided, it is not in my control if either of you gets a new lover.' He gives me a serious look, apparently this isn't something he wants to say. Afterall he might feel that he is the one to blame if something really does happen.

I feel my knees buckling and I can feel Daehyun's gaze on me perfectly, but I am afraid. Afraid to look at him. Afraid that those tears are going to fall again. I doesn't want to become his obstacle. If this is something we've decided, we'll have to accept it anyway.

'How long?' My voice shakes uncontrollably, something I am simply unable to hide.

'3 years.' 

I take a deep breath and nods keeping my sight plastered to the ground. 3 years without Daehyun, am I able to survive? 

'During this 3 years, you too, have a lot to learn.' Haraboji continues nonetheless, seeing both of our expressions.

I nod again but my heart has already sunk to rock bottom. This is already the best Haraboji could give. Daehyun is the best I can ever have, capable, handsome, charming. It's gonna take me days to list all his best traits out. I shouldn't be selfish.

Afterall, I'm not your typical neighbourhood high school girl. 

'Thankyou Boss.' Daheyun voice snaps me back from my thoughts. His voice is ever so firm and confident, not a single waver in his tone. Seems like he already has his mind made up about this. This is the right thing to do right, Daehyun? 

'So, Mr K has ordered for your dresses to be delivered, you can pick the one you want to wear on the party tomorrow. You're going to be the prettiest afterall. Hyerim, you too, I've ask Mr K to prepare your dresses too and Sehun, treat her well enough so I can put in a few good words in front of Mrs Kim.' Haraboji clasps his hands together, the cue for us to leave.

I turn around ready to leave when he calls me again. 

'you and Daehyun, don't make me regret my decision.' He ends it with a smile. The kind of smile a father would give when he meets his son-in-law for the first time. I smile back and mouth a 'Thankyou'. 

Be happy. I remembers Niel's words. 

________________

 

As soon as we're out of the door and back in my room. Daehyun spins me around, pulling me into a tight embrace. Showing me with every cell on his body, he buries his face the crook of my neck, his lips lightly brushing against my skin. He's telling me how much he doesn't want to leave me here alone. That is the last of my strength. Tears that I've been trying to restrain starts falling off in beads finally, dampening his shirt. 

I felt warm moisture landing on the back on my shoulder and realise that those were his tears. How many times have you cried in your life? That only makes me cry harder, my heart hurts like it was bleeding. It doesn't even occurs to me how puffy my teary eyes would look afterwards. I doesn't even care if the other five of them are outside the door arguing about Haraboji's decision.

As long as we have this moment to ourselves, as long as my feelings are able to get through to him. For now.

It make me realise how much I've longed for him, for his touch and his scent. I want him. I don't believe in forever, because nobody lives forever. But just for this lifetime, please let me be your bride. How hard it is to pull away from his embrace, from his warmth and even his tears, his tears that were meant for me, his soft sobs and his fists tightening around me. And how harder it is going to be, how strong I have to become while waiting for him in these 3 years. 

This is a joke right? No. I should be thankful. Life isn't fair, but seeing how the memories of us over the past few months replays itself behind these closed lids, I could only cry harder. 

My fists are clenched behind his back, clutching tightly on his shirt. I refuse to pull away. I don't want to lose this warmth. I don't want to lose him again. To use up all my strength to show him how much I'll be missing him. But it has always been contradicting right? This is for the best of us, another test we've yet to face. 

At this moment, our hearts are beating as one. We've finally come so far to stand on the same space, to walk together in the same pace, to have our fingers interlocked eventually after all the difficulties and finally be able to embrace tightly with all our might.

Even if it takes another thousand years, even if the world ends, always be by my side.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I almost cried writing this chapter. idek why. ignore me guys. why do I feel like crying. ;A; Maybe I've became emotional especially with SHINee's song in the background.

And I hate to say this, but this story is coming to an end soon... I will be starting on a new story. But before that I'll be gone on vacation. mmm.. Be sure to check it out when it's ready!~ :D How do you guys like the chapter? 

P.S. I've written a one shot for the time being making my absence. This one shot feats. Luhan. omg please all my feels for this perfect man. Check it out here. 

Anyhoo, please continue to support me yea~ And thanks for friend request, comments and every love you guys have given me alright~ xD

ANYWAY ONE MORE DAY TO SMTOWN LIVE IN SG. OMG PLEASE LEMME DIE THERE.