Chapter 21

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

We had a really quiet lunch even without the presence of Haraboji, but we were still worried about Zelo. The joyous mood for L.Joe's win was only momentary. After all someone was still hurt, and I knew even nobody will ever say it - but it's because of me. 

Daehyun sat beside me quietly, I know he has been observing my every movements, but I couldn't look him in the eyes. Because it was only silence that brought me back to reality, the reality that this competition was ongoing and we have had to win. 

Yongguk and the rest didn't eat with us. I made it sound like he's the leader of them all, but that was how it actually was because none of the other 'candidates' cared to have an actual conversation with me. So much for wanting to marry me. Or maybe it was just Sungyeol being too intimidating, throwing dagger stares whenever they cross paths. I smiled a little into my soup and in the corner of my eye, I was sure Daehyun smiled too. L.Joe who sat infront of me chuckled into his plate too, catching everyone's attention but he just shook his head and went back to being glum. 

Meanwhile, there was still something to be happy about amidst all the drama. Jihye and Myungsoo were having their little lovely conversation at the other end of the dining table pretty oblivious to any of us actually. Well maybe it could be a good start to something new for the two of them, not to mention Myungsoo was up next. He could just need that much of support from his all time biggest fan

After lunch we all went to the place we want to be the most - Zelo's room. He was awake and well, at least not covered in cold sweat or having a pale face. Chunji pinched his cheeks and the younger male winced a little but retorted angrily. We laughed, at least the atmosphere was getting livelier. Then Mr K came through the door with a glass of water and everyone in the room turned at once in his direction.

This was the best or could be the only time to ask whatever I needed to know.

He glanced over to Zelo who adverted eye contact immediately. Even if Zelo doesn't want to say a word, I'm sure Mr K could enlighten us. I slipped my hand into Daeyhun's and he squeezed it lightly, assuringly. Having him around was the best support I needed. That just made me realise how much I've depended on and fell so deeply for him. And of course my weak heart skipped a nervous beat, juuuu~st for that millisecond second. 

'Mr K,' I began, 'I have something to ask you, and I supposed you've guessed what exactly I want to know.' I continued with my best confident voice ever. Daehyun's hand was warm, and it gave me all the strength I need, to not waver even if Zelo was staring. 

The older man sighed. We were all waiting for his reply or to say we didn't exactly gave him a choice to not. 

'The other boys has nothing to do with this.' He said and looked at Zelo who met his eyes for a short second but squeezed his eyes shut the next. 

'Boss called Zelo because he thought he would gave up easily,' he paused again and looked past me, at Daehyun. I felt Daehyun stiffened. 'He wanted to know which of you developed unneccesary feelings for you, Miss.' Then his eyes met mine, his expression soft like a father's would be. Somehow I wasn't happy he had to address me in this manner, like anyone would be making a mistake to fall in love with me. He looked away while the saddness in his eyes lingered at the back of my mind.

Daehyun let go of my hand and took a step forward, covering me behind his back. But I was almost cowering. I looked at Zelo, and he shook his head, telling me with his eyes that this had absolutely nothing to do with me. He was reading me like an open book and I returned a bitter smile.

'So he hit him.' Daehyun's voice was unusually calm and low, it felt like he was using all his might to suppress the boiling anger. Mr K neither spoke nor moved. But the answer was obvious. Jihye buried her face in Myungsoo's arms while he held her, lightly her hair. I looked away feeling more upset. 

'you,' Mr K suddenly called my name. Our eyes met and I held my breath unconsciously. 'I notice as well as our Chunji does.' His eyes flickered to Chunji then back at me. 

'Boss isn't a bad person, he had his reasons.' He said softly, too softly. When he saw the look in my eyes he continued, 'He doesn't want to lose another woman dear to him.'

I stared at the small of Daehyun's back, focusing on my thoughts. 

'But didn't he know by doing all these crazy stuff, I might just leave for real?!' my voice broke at the last word. Mr K's face fell but he was silent. There was certainly more to just simple not losing another person dear to Haraboji.

Daehyun turned around and his gaze was so intense. But his expression was yet again unreadable. I didn't want to think about any other 'heroic' stuff he was going to do, I would never forgive him if he want to let me go just like that. I swear.

But no. I should have a little more faith in him. In what he said next. 

'I will win it fair and square.' He said without breaking our eye contact, and behind him Mr K smiled. Now there's no use hiding the fact that we are a couple right? I laughed and felt the instant rush of heat to my cheeks. Daehyun's smile was mesmerizing, his eyes formed into cresents. Best and absolutely perfect. 

'We will win it fair and square, or It's okay, you can always come to me.' Sungyeol patted his chest and opened his arms suggestively. When Daehyun make a displeased sound, the taller gave him a headlock and winked in my direction. I could only laugh together with the rest. 

Moments like this should be documented. I could reply it forever. 

'Well, it's time to move to the Hall. Shall we miss you?' Mr K bowed slightly gesturing me to the door. 'Right, I'm still the 'princess' of the house ain't I?' I laughed and grabbed Jihye's hand while making my way out. She shot me a quizzical look but I focused behind her, Myungsoo shrugged nonchalantly with a smirk. I chuckled and mouthed 'Fighting' before giving Jihye another playful push, and pursed my lips approvingly like a proud mother when she fell back into Myungsoo's arms. 

 

* * * * *

We arrived at the Hall and saw the fencing equipment on the other end. Jinyoung stepped forward and eyed Myungsoo cautiously as he made his way towards the clothings. So this was the Battle of Accuracy? Haraboji arrived moments later and stared or most accurately, glared at all of us, especially at me for a long chilly time. I thought he sighed for a moment there. Maybe just my imaginations.

But Mr K's words echoed in my mind. 'He wasn't a bad person.' 

How much truth are there to this? I shrugged and wrapped my arms around Jihye. The scandalous girlfriend looked even more nervous than himself. 

'This won't kill right?' She asked pointing to the weapons on the other side. In my mind I knew that fencing isn't a dangerous sport, but somehow I was feelng uneasy and I didn't liked the feeling. 

I turned around and noticed how serious Daehyun and Chunji were. They were looking at the equipment rack, as though confirming every equipment with their own x-ray vision. 

I squeezed Jihye's arms. 'It's going to be fine.' I think. 

Both of them got dressed pretty fast and came out of the dressing rooms. Myungsoo took the sword-like weapon in his hand and everyone noticed how he froze at the touch. Jinyoung picked it up too and same goes for him, it was as though looking at a jpg image. 

Behind me Daehyun and Chunji exhaled. I didn't even have to ask to know what Haraboji did to manipulate this match. 

Jihye shot me a quizzical look and nudged my hands. 

'What? Why? What happened?' Her tone was nervous, and this time I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. I glanced at Mr K and he shook his head just slightly. Haraboji's smirk was back. Seriously, just how screwed up that old brain was?

I took a deep breath before replying. And I'm already 100% sure what just happened there. 

'Those,' I pointed at the both of them, 'are real swords.' 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________