Chapter 13

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

You've been staring at the file for a long time thinking whether to see the contents. Too long. Even Chunji's getting worried just watching. L.Joe gave Chunji an eyeful and jerked his thumb in your direction. 'Do something.' 

Chunji took a step forward as asked. 'Do you want anything to drink?' 

You shook your head. Really, haraboji asking me to marry some random guy now, not in the right mind. 

'At least drink something will you?' L.Joe grabbed the file on your lap and toss it over to the bed, on one knee.

You lifted your head too meet his worried gaze. 'Is this the down part about being a princess?' and your shoulders dropped but L.Joe grabbed them startling you in the process. 

'No!' He shouted, a little too loud. Chunji went forward to drag him back to his feet. 'Do you want to die?! If Boss sees...'

'I don't care okay.' L.Joe replied, his eyes glowing with anger like they were on fire. Your eyes never left the file and let out a defeated sigh. As much as You wanted to cry your heart out, you know it was all not going to be of help. It's like having haraboji put you on a cliff, either you jump or live; a choice that's painfully hard to make. There was a click at the door at which an awfully familiar figure emerged. When your eyes met, the world seemed to turn upside down. All the more dejected than you already are. 

'Right, I'm hallucinating already. Great. Just excellent.' 

'What? I'm not dead.' The figure walked in slowly. 

'And now my hallucination just got better, they can talk now.' 

'ARE YOU AN IDIOT.' He raised his voice and your eyes widened. 

'Woah... You.. You scared me.' You inhaled deeply and began examining him from head to toe. Just to make sure that this was real and not part of your very developed imaginations. 

'What are you staring at?' 

'N..nothing.' 

He turned to L.Joe who was literally waiting to eat him up but ignored and turned to Chunji, who caught the cue immediately. He needed some time with you, alone.

'Let's go casanova.' Chunji said and dragged L.Joe out of the room throwing a wink at Daehyun.

'Thanks.' He mouthed back and turned to the almost breathless you.  

Unbelivable. You couldn't believe he was here. While he was all cold and avoiding of any eye contact the day before, now it felt like somebody had turned back the pendulum and he was back to annoying Daehyun all over again. That was when you realized that you don't understand him at all, which makes you wonder if he was actually reading you like an open book. Suddenly, you felt very much exposed.

'What? Are you here to laugh at me now?' You turned and shifted your body away from him. 

'Look at me.' His tone was commanding but his voice was oddly gentle. Too gentle, like the breeze on a summer day, just feeling it made you breathless. You couldn't help but turn your head in his direction. 

He held out an envelop and put it on your lap. He dark brown eyes stared into yours with so much concentration. Suddenly you were thinking about his sketchings. His expression was so much softer. No annoying smirk that called for a punch or unreadable Daehyun's icy facial expression. His eyes almost contained a little bit of pleading. 

You traced the opening with your thumb and opened it. Then gasped at the ghastly familiar handwriting. Daehyun got up and moved towards the door, giving you more privacy and space.

Your tears finally fell. All the amount of tears these few days fell like a waterfall. Daehyun bit his lower lip and squeezed his eyes shut. He'd never felt so useless before, watching you cry was the hardest part ever. He'd never liked your  tears, and then again, there was a promise he'd made so long ago that he'd almost forgotten.

You sniffed inbetween sobs as you read. Tears fell, half smudging the ink.

Of course, it was a letter from your parents.

Our beautiful you, if you're reading this, that means we must be gone. Suddenly seeing and knowing something that I've never told you was shocking isn't it? I'm sorry you, we thought you would never have to read this letter and intended to tell you after you've grown up. As you might already know, we're the direct bloodline of the Takeshi Family. I ran away from home, from grandpa to pursue my own happiness. That was my first wrong step, but I didn't regret it. That's how your dad and I got you, our beautiful princess.

Being a lady in the Takeshi Family bears great responsibility. We're not men and your grandpa believes that I'll need a man by my side to ascend the throne. To carry on the bloodline. He found me a fiance without me knowing, and that man came to me one day with a ring. So I ran away... together with your father. Haha yes, your father was my butler. But we were happy. 

you, if a day comes for you to make a great decision, think about your own happiness. Feel with your heart, not your mind. Go where your heart tells you to. If there's someone precious to you, let him be your pillar of support. Trust yourself, convince your grandpa. Don't be like me, don't run away. We were really sorry that you'll have to suffer on my behalf. But Naomi, as a member of the Takeshi Family, mom and dad believes that you'll become a remarkable fair lady. We're always in your heart.

Love you always, 

Mom and Dad. 

 

You wiped away your warm tears with the back of your hand and turned towards Daehyun. 

'Why did you give me this now?' 

'Because that's what the Lady tells me to.' 

'You know her? My mom?' 

'Yes, and I've know you since a long time. If you even remembered.' Daehyun's replied caught you off guard. 

'What??' 

Daehyun smiled. That was a kind of smile you've never seen before. His eyes seemed to gaze into a past that you've never known. You arched an eyebrow and started recalling your own memories. You don't remember seeing him before, not at all. 

Suddenly, something clicked at the back of your mind and you remembered that puppy-like first love. That little boy from your past, who kissed you on the cheeks and gave you a lollipop. You stared at Daehyun for the Nth time and definitely noticed some resemblance. A gasp escaped your lips, in shock. 

'You... you... no... this... you...wait. You gave me a lollipop.' You stuttered and gulped nervously but the man infront nodded calmly and chuckled. 

'Finally. You remembered me.' 

It all make sense now, why you were attracted to Daehyun in an odd way that you just cant put into words. He was your little crush, and you couldn't contain your surprise but at the same time a tingling feeling filled your heart as it started racing. 

'How...' You mumbled.

Do you still like me? Have you even liked me before? Thoughts raced through your mind like a fast forward. You couldn't ask anything like that. You've almost forgotten about him yourself. Not fair.

Right then at the very moment, Chunji called from outside. 'you, they're here.' 

You stand up immediately and met Daehyun's eyes. They've lost their shine. He stopped smiling and simply stared at you. 'We should get ready.' It was all he'd said and he held out his hankerchief professionally.

'Look pretty.' 

You noticed the change in his tone. He was back to Cold Daehyun again. You felt anger rose within at once at his very quick change of temperament. Now you just didn't know anymore. First of all, you didn't even know your own heart.

Time's too short.

It has only been a few months together. And you've only just seen Chunji and L.Joe all the time, not him, not anyone else.

Maybe, possibly, probably, you didn't like him in a romantically way. 

You inhaled deeply, calming your own fire. "Fine. I will.' If that's what you wanted. 

* * * * *

You were in the hall with Haraboji and the boys all stood in a straight line to your right. 

'Bring them in.' Haraboji gestured to Sungyeol. 

'Yes Sir.' He replied but there was just that hint of heart-heartedness. 

Then a row of really charming boys walked in, they were all wearing sleek suits paired with pretty ties. But you definitely noticed how dazzling they looked. Even Zelo let out a surprised gasped and you gave him a death stare. Even though they all had above average looks that could simply get girls to swoon at them, you didn't seem the least interested.

They just don't capture your attention like how Daehyun did. Ah crap. why do I keep thinking about him. 

You looked towards Daehyun's direction. He eyes were out of focus, like he was staring into space. 

'Now now, why don't you all do a self introduction?' Haraboji started with a smile. 

You looked at them all and they bowed politely as they met your gaze. Fakes. You just want my family's fortune isn't it? A fool would believe if you'll ever love me. 

The guy from your far left spoke first; Dong Woo, Si Wan, Jin Young, Dong Jun, Sung Gyu, Niel, Gong Chan and lastly Yong Guk on the left. 

The last guy seemed to catch your attention. His voice was so deep, like a bass out of control, overflowing of masculinity. 

'Naomi, is there anyone that you like?' 

You stared at him wide-eyed. What kind of question is that?! 'HUH?' 

'You'll need to choose them yourself.' Haraboji answered nonchalantely.

'What!? I don't even know them, how can...' You turned to Chunji and he just shook his head grimly. Then you looked at Sungyeol who simply nodded with a sigh.

Then Daehyun spoke suddenly, alarming everyone in the hall. 

'Boss if you allow me,' He started looking at Haraboji for acknowledgement. Haraboji nodded. 'Since Miss don't know who to chose, why don't you let them compete against us 6? We're the best of the best. We're capable of picking out the best from these guys.' He smirked at the last word.

Did he just thought of that?! Are you bloody out of your mind?!

You jaws hung open. Daehyun what the hell are you thinking?! 

The rest of the guys straightened up and smiled proudly. Sungyeol even adjusted his collar just to make his proudness even more obvious. Nonetheless, you smiled. At least you still have these group of guys by your side. Maybe it can drag, but at least give you more time to decide what you really wanted. Even if Daehyun... you looked in his direction but he was focused on Haraboji with that same smug across his face. 

'Sure. So pick 6 out of them.' Haraboji turned to you. 

'Er...Huh...How...' You darted back and forth the 8 males and the 6 others. 

You hands closed on your dress, feeling pressurized. No matter what, you've got to make a decision. But how are you going to chose? Randomly? By their heights? oh my god, you were sweating through your palms as you eyed the 8 charismatic boys infront. 

'Why do I have to find a fiance.' You muttered under your breath but Chunji heard it perfectly. He cleared his throat and smiled at you. A smile too forceful to be called a smile. 'How?' You mouthed but he just kept smiling through his teeth, he was clearly excited by Daehyun's impromptu preposition. You panicked as Daehyun's eyes darted to you and then at the 8 other boys. One of them smirked back at him and he suddenly felt a strong surge of rivalry. He narrowed his eyes and looked away. 

You kept your eyes at the ground biting your lower lips helplessly. 

JUST WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS TERRIBLE MATCHMAKE?!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

OKAY PEOPLE POLL TIME. YOU CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF. TOP 6 WILL MAKE IT TO THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE SET BY MR GLORIOUS DAEHYUN. VOTE FOR BOTH POLLS YEA. HOHOHO YEA.. CHOSE WISELY. PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE FOR BOTH POLLS~ HAHAHA WHOT. AND OMG GUYS YOUR COMMENTS. I DON'T EVEN... I...I... WANT TO SQUISH YOUR FACES. HAHAHAHA~ 

- VOTING ENDED -