Chapter 8

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

The days went smoothly both at home and in school. Thank gawd. But there was something else that I've noticed, Daehyun has always been staring out at the field during classes; one reason why most people, like me, prefers window seats. But because of his good looks, even my teachers close an eye about his inattentiveness. Of course again, Sungyeol has caught me several times while I unknowingly stared at Daehyun's rather distracting side profile.

Really, either he's driving me crazy or I'm just driving myself crazy. 

 

'Here.' L passed me a packet of banana milk during lunch while we had Chunji-Brand Bento at my table. Chunji makes a good mom I supposed, the fact that he makes a better husband material.  

'Eh, where's ours?' Sungyeol nudged L's sides. But the latter pushed Sungyeol's head away. That was quite a sight, the shy L has been showing more of his surprisingly chic-er personality recently. Then the next thing you know Sungyeol digging into L's front pocket from behind. Really, have you seen a monkey that tall before? It's actually kinda awkward. 

 

Of course back to reality, and reality has been harsh on me these days.

Zelo was of course the only really sociable guy. Sungyeol and him were the only people that actually ate at my desk. Daehyun was having his perfect one man show with the window, while L still prefered to eat alone at his own desk despite Sungyeol's really annoying and forceful attempt to make him sit with us.

SIgh.. you'll understand. 

Meanwhile, there is puppy-eye Jihye from the other end of the classroom. I've been feeling really apologetic towards her, ever since the start of school slash my new crazy life, I haven't been able to spend some girl time with her. Maybe I should just sneak out someday to meet her, but before that I'll have to get L's signature.

Anyway I used to say they were just boys with beautiful faces with a special fanclub set up by the female students in school blah blah blah. Point is, every day without fail, during lunch time, you'll see girls lining up outside our classroom just to get a glimpse of them. And I was often the centre of attraction.

DEEENG! I was the centre of hatration actually.

I do realise how they stare at me with eyes threatening enough to devour me. Normally Sungyeol and Zelo would be the main distraction attraction, waving and winking at these crazy girls. Seriously when you have kpop groups like INFINITE and B.A.P in town why do you even care about these boys in school?! Right that's me speaking on behalf of all jealous males in school.

 

'L, can you sign this for me?' I turned around with a blank piece of paper and smiled awkwardly at him, but his expression doesn't make me feel any better about doing this. 

'S..sure.. why?' L grabbed a black pen and started signing right away. 'Please write, To Jihye.' I added even more awkwardly than ever half cursing Jihye for making me do something like this. In the corner of my eye, I thought I saw her sneezed. 

'Er...mmm.' L passed me the paper and glance over at Jihye, who looked away almost as soon as their eyes met. L blushed through his ears first. You gotta see how red that was. We all laughed especially when Sungyeol but L could only just push him away helplessly. Sensing a love line coming soon.

'We were all home schooled. L especially has always been shy around girls not to mention that someone,' Sungyeol jerked a thumb in Jihye's direction, 'has a possible crush on him.' 

I nodded in surprise and full agreement.

'I see.' and poked L's cheeks absentmindedly. I couldn't help it, he just seemed so innocent at this moment. Then L blushed even harder to the extend he excused himself to the washroom. We just continued laughing of course. How often do you see that happen?

Then I realised Daehyun got up and followed L too and I stopped abruptly watching him making his exit while some girls followed them right away calling their names in such flirtatious manner.

'Tch, what's so good about him.' I scrowled and put a slice of ham into my mouth.

'Are you jealous?'

I almost choked at Sungyeol's remark and Zelo went protective mode immediately, passing me his half drank juice which I pleasantly rejected. 

'W..what? NO?!' I swallowed hard. Sungyeol chuckled and dapped the corner of my lips gently with his expensive looking handerchief. Do you even see a high school student carrying that? But then again... TOO CLOSE, HIS FACE. 

'What?' Sungyeol asked and I realised that I've been staring at him.

'Nothing.' I said and smiled ungracefully. But of couse, I wasn't staring at him as though I was admiring the view, he just seemed so sad while he was being serious. I haven't really seen this side of him. It reminds me of L for some reason. But that side of him lasted for only a few moments and he went back to being a fool again; trying to smudge ketchup on Zelo. 

I ate in silence for the rest of the break. I seemed to have lost the energy until Daehyun was back at his table having another moment with his window once class started. As much as I hate to say this, but something was definitely bugging Daehyun as much as he was bugging me. In any case I would really go crazy with him running in my mind. Don't you ever feel tired?! Shoo shoo! 

But I knew it was all futile. No matter how distant we got, I found myself more attracted to him. I'm helpless too, but one thing for sure; I guess this was what my heart tells me to. 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thankyou my subscribers!  Thakyou guys for the comments and supportive msgs and all really thankyou all so very much! (:   <3<3<3