Chapter 5

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

YET ANOTHER EMBARRASSMENT.

 

Back at home some other boys were trying to take pictures of me and passing me chocolates and candies and soft toys and everything a girl would get on valentines' day. One of them got my attention because he made me chocolate coated strawberries. I mean who still do that these days?! What was his name again? Oh yea Himchan, Daehyun's Xbox buddy. 

And haraboji made an announcement through another wide screen tv in the hall. The last time I counted, there was twenty of them around the house but Chunji said there were more including the one in my bathroom, so... maybe some other bathrooms with tv? 

Anyway haraboji said a 'family' trip will be organized in the coming term break few weeks later. We will be heading to some private seaside villa and there will be lot's of food and meat and yes lot'sa protecting of me. Seriously, so far so good. I'm still in one piece, what's there to protect? Not like megatron is leading his group of decepticons to invade our house and the six of them turns into some random superheroes while I'm that hot girl in chains.

Okay ignore me. 

* * * * *

The air is cold. I knew there's gonna be a heavy downpour later. The howling of the wind outside my windows was more than scary and I could smell the rain faintly. Tossed and turned, yet I ain't sleepy so I kept my eyes wide open and just stared at the empty glass on the table. L.Joe had passed me a glass of milk earlier, 'Goodnights you, sleep early.' He said it with a smile. I couldn't help but really smile back like an idiot. 

Grabbing my robe, I climbed out of bed and opened my door really really softly and carefully. Why do I even have to act secretive in my own house? I took a glimpse at the digital clock on the wall. 1:30 AM. I sighed and made my way to the balcony. 

Our balcony was a really spacious one. You can actually just built a little swimming pool in the middle. It overlooked the night scene. Red, blue and yellow. All colours flickering and whizzing below. It was a beautiful sight, breathtaking. This was actually my first time admiring the view from here at this hour and It felt different, more calm and serene despite the howling wind that was sweeping my hair backwards like it just an ugly wig. Especially peaceful without the usual shoutings and jeerings from all directions of the house. 

It was getting chilly as I hugged my arms instinctively. But I didn't want to leave, the peace was my sanctuary, to keep my mind off all the boys and school and heir-throne stuff going on in my life now. I needed this.

Then someone cleared his throat from behind startling me.  

A shadow emerged from the glass doors, and I realized it was Daehyun who stood there with his arms crossed, an eyebrow arched. 

'Planning to do something stupid here late at night?' He joked. I did just that tiny harmless curse under my breath. Of all people, Daehyun had to be the one destroying my awesome moment here. 

'No, can't you just leave me alone for now?' I scowled yet he didn't move. 'Fine, what about leaving me alone here for another five minutes?' I sounded almost pleading and I punched myself mentally for how things turned out. 

'Well, five minutes will do.' He said with that same smug on his face and made his way back into the hall. 

Phew. The world is peaceful again. 

Then again, as soon as Daehyun left, a knitted shawl was placed gently over my shoulders. I turned around but not who I was expecting to see. It was Sungyeol who stood behind me with a small frown.

'It's going to rain. I thought I saw a ghost but it's just you.' Then he smiled jerking a thumb towards the house. 'Ready to go in before the storm?' and a really loud thunder roared loudly and I crashed myself right into Sungyeol's arm in total shock. He was warm but I pulled away almost immediately apologizing as I felt his body turning stiff upon contact. Good thing it was dark here, he wouldn't realize that I was blushing right through my skin or biting my lips, making another inaudible curse. 

I stepped aside quickly but saw Daehyun. Or, I thought I've seen him. I couldn't be sure because the figure had already vanished into the shadows. But one thing I could confirm was that blanket in his hand.