Special Flashback Chapter.

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

Jihye's POV

Really, I have a good friend. Who abandoned me the moment I arrived and went dashing to her prince. And I have to say, she does has an incredible amount of self control living with such pretty boys with crazily beautiful faces. Is this where all the good looking men on earth disappeared to? Right, I exaggerated.

I just followed Chunji up the flight of stairs and awaiting me was a long stretch of corridor. It so long and wide, I could just roll thirty times from the left to the right side. I cant help but appreciate décor in awe, especially the orange dim lightings overhead that made it all so romantic yet awefully grand.

‘This is your room Jihye ssi. you’s room is just a walk from here all the way down the corridor, the last room at the end.’ Chunji placed my luggage gently beside that luxurious queen sized bed. Please, this room is totally a grand suite. Seriously, he could make a fine professional butler. And I could totally imagine myself putting him into a laced mini skirt. Salute to you you, how did you feel so calm about living here.

‘So you can call me if you need a tour around the villa. Or is there any place in particular you wish to visit?’ Chunji asked again, his voice seriously formal yet gentle.

‘Myungsoo’s room.’ I blurted out without thinking. Or maybe I just said my thoughts our loud again. I turned around hiding my face in embarrassment. God no you did not just say that.

Chunji chuckled and gestured me out of the comfy room back to the corridor. ‘See that door beside the lamp in the middle?’ He pointed with his thumb towards the left side, wow 3 doors away from mine. My heart started racing suddenly and I have to take such a deep breath to remain sane.

‘That’s his room.’ He chuckled again and coughed before regaining his composure. ‘We live in this wing of the villa, while our guests live in the other wing,’ he pointed at another corridor to our right. ‘You’re special so you can have this spare room here, I'm sure you has already told you the rest right?’ He asked again with a smile and bowed a gentlemanly 45 degrees with his right hand on his left chest.

I smiled at him. In fact, I can’t wait to send him off so my mission-enter-Myungsoo’s-room can commence asap. I watched as he left in the direction of the other wing and heaved a sigh of relieve before slowly creeping my way towards Myungsoo’s room. Really legs, you’re moving uncontrollably and really heart, please stop beating like you’re gonna fly out any time. I stopped at his door, being the only entrance to Myungsoo’s room just makes it look more luxurious than any other similar doors along this corridor.

I sighed. Really what are you trying to achieve here huh Jihye?

Then the door opened without warning revealing an angel dressed simply in a white graphic tee and jeans with an old looking converse sneakers. I stood frozen as our eyes met and looked away at the same time.

‘OH err Hi.’ He said startled at first, awkwardly and closed the door behind him. We were only less than a metre away from each other and I was so afraid that he would notice my blushing cheeks and hear my exaggerated heartbeat.

‘Hi.’ I said and regretted it immediately. I could have said something nicer seriously like god, grab this opportunity please.

There was a moment of really awkward, crow attracting silence in the atmosphere and we just stood there facing each other but not looking at each other. Or maybe he’s looking at me but I’m appreciating the floor instead.

‘So that autograph…’ His voice trailed off.

‘Thankyou!’ I said immediately with a formal 90 degrees bow. Crap. Another holy embarrassment of my life. I squeezed my eyes shut and straightened up slowly. He chuckled and coughed.

I lifted my head up to look at him and he realized he was actually smiling, at me. I looked away immediately as the heat burnt through my cheeks and my ears. God, that smile was too dazzling.

‘You’re welcome.’ He simply said and ruffled my hair before leaving me dumbfounded staring at his back as he walked away and disappeared down the stairs.

He smiled at me. Somehow it all seemed worthwhile coming here. But you has a greater problem to solve and it doesn’t actually seemed as easy as me seeing Myungsoo will be.

* * * * *

 

Really seeing that smirk on Daehyun’s face as he carried you into the room was more assuring than her actually waking up. Though she got me really worried back there, passing out like that. To think that everyone got so worked up made me jealous. She was really a princess here, loved and adored by many. Especially Zelo, that kid almost killed Daehyun as though he was the murderer of this whole episode. I chuckled just thinking about it.

‘Why are you laughing?’ Myungsoo appeared beside me, really since when did he appear and has he been here all along while I was deep in thoughts? I jumped a little in surprise and he laughed. His laugh was irresistible. God, I'm going crazy. Just like the melodious wind chimes on a windy afternoon, his laughter was heaven.

‘Nothing.’ I replied. Failed reply again. Nice try.

We walked in silence for a while but it wasn’t that awkward anymore, ignoring the fact that he being here breathing the same air has already caused a serious butterfly outbreak in my stomach.

‘They really make a good pair.’ I muttered under my breath remembering the look of Daehyun’s face and you’s silly grin while half conscious.

‘Boss just wouldn’t allow it.’ Myungsoo’s voice was suddenly serious. Like the calmness before a tsunami. I was taken aback by it for a second. I knew, how this supposing happy trip here to the sea turned out to be her worst nightmare. She told me over the phone that being a rich man’s granddaughter isn’t all that great like in those dramas. I couldn’t exactly understand at first but now I think I knew.

But there was something more in Myungsoo’s tone, it sounded faraway, like he was remembering something he shouldn’t be mentioning. Then it struck me at once, what if all of them actually liked her? Isn’t it something she should be noticing? But she’s a big airhead, she wouldn’t even know.

‘You like her too. Did you?’ I asked feeling the pang of jealousy hit me. Even though she’s my bestfriend but to think of it, having Myungsoo hanging around her all day isn’t something I should simply accept right?

Myungsoo stopped walking and I stopped too after taking a few more steps ahead before turning around. His expression was soft and he smiled, a defeated laugh escaped from his lips. He rubbed his nape and smiled again, shaking his head.

‘I used to like her,’ He paused and my heart tightened, ‘But it was all simply fondness. We treated her like our little sister, to think we haven’t had actual contact with females she is definitely a special existence to all of us. But I didn’t like her like Daehyun did. She totally melt that cold man's icy heart. He would really turn into a block of cold hard ice like he used to be if she was gone. We have to win this.’ His expression hardened at the last sentence.

My jaws literally hung open. The main focus isn’t on how Myungsoo had feelings for her, but on Daehyun’s feelings for her. Yet this stupid girl was feeling all so frustrated thinking it was just one-sided. I was feeling frustrated at this moment. Then this competition isn’t just simply a competition, it seems that they were fighting for both you’s and Daehyun’s happiness. I smiled.

Pabo. Really, didn’t she knew?

Myungsoo looked out the big window beside us. Outside, the waves trashed noisily on the beach and the sky painted a starry sight. I stared at his side profile for a long time, my eyes tracing his eyes to his lashes, his nose bridge to his lips.

‘God, I really like you.’ I blurted that out and gasped in surprise. But I wasn’t surprised at how I said that aloud, but by the fact that my voice came out rather confidently. I made it sound like an actual formal confession. I wished so hard that the light was dim enough to hide my blushing cheeks and the waves was loud enough so he didn't hear it. But I couldn’t avert my eyes anymore so I observe the change in his expressions.

He turned around with wide eyes, sending another wave of butterflies as they met mine. I looked away finally. ‘I’m sorry.’

He laughed; a laughter that could melt the universe. I frowned, unable to comprehend his response. I didn’t scare him right?

He ruffled my hair gently with a few pats in the end. ‘I know.’ It was all he said.

I guess he didn't exactly rejected me? I laughed along and shrugged. Maybe it could be a start right? I should be contented just like this.

‘Thankyou.’ He said after a while and I nodded simply. If only time could stand still for us right here right now, maybe the distance between our hearts could close up a little

‘You’re welcome.’ I said and let my thoughts wander in the starry night sky, beside the one angel in my life. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

ANYONE SHIPS MYUNGHYE?! HAHAHA OKAY IDEK WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. LOLOL. B) I'LL UPDATE SOON.