Round 1

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

I'm sorry! Something came up and I have to go.. :( Forgive me yea? And keep me updated okay!! -Jihye @ 2:13pm 

I can't believe she can actually leave me here on my own. To think that finally I'll have a little more female support. I am mad. Not at her, but at Haraboji, how can he says those words so easily? Haven't I made myself clear enough? 

I'll be fine you traitor! I bet you'll wan more updates of Myungsoo only right?! 

Hey no no no, your happiness is mine too okay. I'm sorry, I'll treat you to a good meal in the school cafeteria when you return! -Jihye @ 2:18pm

Fine... Let's hope that I'm not already married when I'm back in school. 

 

I can only sigh. 

'Time to get up already lazy bum.' I jumped forgetting Daehyun's presence. He frowned and gave me a sad look. 'You've forgotten about me haven't you?!' I jumped off my bed immediately and wrap my arms around his waist. I miss his scent and his laughter so much. 

'Aren't you suppose to be with Hyerim?' I ask my face against his back. I can hear his heartbeat perfectly like that and a wave of nostalgia hit me. I never want to admit how much he means to me, not in front of him of course. We will always bickle and make up, but it's different now. If I don't face my true feelings, Haraboji might just marry him off to some random girl on the streets. I squeezed my eyes shut and hug him a little tighter. 

'She wants some time on her own. Besides, Sehun does a better job.' He turns around resting his chin on the top of my head. 

'Sungyeol's next right?' I ask glancing at the clock behind him. Daehyun playfully nods against my head making me giggle. He sighs suddenly and pushes me away to face him. His eyes was soft and mesmerising, it suddenly occurs to me if he ever looked at Hyerim the same way. That didn't feel good. 

'Did you fought with Boss last night?' There is only concern in his expression. Then he shakes he head in defeat when I didn't answer. 

'What?' 

'You're so silly.' 

'Why? Do you want to marry Hyerim?!' my tone gone a little higer and he becomes serious again and pinched my nose. 

'No matter what happens, even if I have to leave, I won't marry her.' 

'You can't leave!' 

'Silly, I won't, but it's hard to say what Boss will do...' His tone tailed off and I know he is preparing himself for the worse case scenario. I feel guilty all of the sudden, if he is to leave, it's not just simply leaving me. He has to leave his bunch of brothers behind, I wonder what Zelo will do. 

'It's not your fault. I'm happy you say you like me.' He smiled perfectly like the sunshine on a summer day making me blush once again uncontrollably. I tiptoe a little and plant a quick kiss on his cheek. 

He carries me up without warning and does a spin on the spot. 'Trust me.' He whispers into my ear before we leave to the basketball court. 

* * * * *

Battle of Speed is a game of basketball. You must be wondering what has speed got to do with Basketball? Isn't accuracy a better name for the match? I have the same doubt. But Haraboji has his own brilliant mind that nobody can ever guess. It's all about being accurate and fast at the same time. How so? 

I look at Sungyeol and Sunggyu dressed in jersey and headbands then at poker face Haraboji. I can only hope that they both of them can hold out till the match ends. 

Focus is not on the court, but at the two normal looking basketball machines in the middle of the court. 

'What kind of prank is this?' Zelo protested just a few moments ago. Of course, Haraboji's match isn't going to be those standard looking matches you find in olympics or rather NBA. I can only sigh and curse mentally. 

Hyerim sits down beside me and I am trying not to show how much I doesn't want her near Daehyun. I heard L.Joe chuckle behind me and I turn around to glare only to catch Hyerim's attention too. On the other hand Sehun stands beside Daehyun with such formal mannerism I almost flinch at his professionalism. 

'Does he always stands like that? So straight and still?' I ask Hyerim out of curiousity. She smiles beautifully yet filled with feminism, I have to admit I'll so fall in love with her if I were a boy. 

'He's always so uptight and serious.' She says but somehow her tone makes me feel like they are really close. Not just simply a Master and Bodyguard relationship. I shrugged it off. 

Sungyeol seems a little awkward infront of the machine, he easily towers over Sunggyu by almost a head. And the machine makes Sungyeol look even taller. Somehow I am hopeful, because Sungyeol's long hands might do some good. 

The machine has four stages. The person with the highest point at Game Over wins. As simple as that. It makes me wonder if Haraboji got bored of watching his pointless match up already. Nonetheless, it still makes me nervous just watching. 

And with the scortching hot summer sun above our heads, both of them are already sweating. I feel guilty for being in the shade watching them suffer. 

'Who are you rooting for?' Hyerim asks. 

'Sungyeol of course.' I replied with a little arrogance but I don't know if she heard that well, because she only smiles and that make me look inferior like an actual kid. That didn't felt good.

'Start!' Mr K announced and the both of them hit the start button on the machine at the same time. The balls started rolling out of the barrier and Sungyeol took the first point. It was really hard to tell because they are equally as fast and accurate. But somehow I'm beginning to see how Sungyeol's tall height is affecting his performance. He has to bend down lower just to reach the balls, especially when the balls aren't even fast to roll through the barrier after all his throws. 

Sunggyu doesn't seems to have much a problem. Not saying that he is short, but he seems to time his throw really well. He is indeed fast and accurate, but on a good note, their points are back to back. It's hard to tell who will win. I watch nervously as the red numbers on the score board skipped and changed. It's Round 2 and they've already hit 170 points.

Both of them are sweating through their shirts already. I realise that Sungyeol's bending position seems to be take a toll on his knees. He missed a shot and straightened his legs immediately, only to bend down a little again to reach for the balls that haven't roll out. 

'Please Please Please.' I muttered under my breath and glanced at Hyerim. This lady here is obviously treating this match as an entertainment relay. She is practically watching in awe and amazement. I look away at once incase I lose control over my temper. 

Round two seems like a decade, every second seems so long and difficult and Sungyeol's backview is more worrying than anything else. He missed a few more shots and punched the machine in frustration because the balls took too long. Sunggyu wasn't as fast now, but his throws are steady and accurate. He seems to have find the right timing from picking up the ball to throwing and making sure that he can throw one every time. 

'Who will win..' Hyerim muttered under her breath making me even more nervous. Sungyeol is lagging behind by 15 points now and Round 3 is starting. They only have a few seconds to caught their breath or rest their arms. The continous throwing action is obviously straining on both of their arms. Sunggyu failed to throw a ball over the metal rails and the ball bounced back into his hands as he took a few steps back in surprise. 

Niel and Dongwoo stand up at the same time equally as surprised at Sunggyu's miss. 

I glance over at Haraboji as he seems to be having a conversation with Mr K. He doesn't even seem interested in the match. That just makes my blood boil. 

Urgh! 

'Sungyeol fighting!!!' I shout at last at Sungyeol and he raised a quick thumbs up at me. 

Chae Bal~ 

* * * * *

'Why does she say that to me? That I'm just a stranger?' 

'...'

'It's okay, speak your mind.'

'Boss, maybe because Miss hasn't been seeing you ever since she entered the family.' 

'Really? Is that so? It pains me..' 

'Boss, don't worry too much, she just said that in a fit of anger.'

'But she likes Daehyun. You heard her last night.' 

'Yes. They are really close.' 

'Looks like our guesses aren't wrong.' 

'Yes Boss, may I inquire your next step?' 

'We'll wait,,, Sigh, she's just like her mom.' 

'Yes Boss, a splitting image indeed.' 

'Who do you think will win this?' 

'It's hard to tell, Boss.' 

'Look at her, this silly girl, all worried and nervous, we'll see if Daehyun is good enough. I can't believe she really fell in love with him.' 

'Yes Boss, but Miss has a good heart...'

'No, did you not see her expression yesterday? I've never see her cry like that. Foolish kids, I have only myself to blame for raising such a fine young man. Let's see if Hyerim will do a good job.' 

'Yes Boss, I'm sure she can act perfectly well.' 

'She better.'