HAJIMA!

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

 

The match ended too quickly. The last round ended too fast. Myungsoo wraps an arm around his neck and pats his forehead teasingly. 

Sungyeol looks up at me, apologetically. I nod in respond with a smile and cup his face in hands. 'It's okay.' I say and smile again assuring him it's fine. He smiles a little forcefully but that unable to hide his disappointment. Everyone crowded around him and give him their best word of encrouagement. No matter how manly this man acts infront of me, he's still a boy at heart. But seeing him trying so hard despite a mild dehydration, I can't help but tear up a little too. 

This loss seems inevitable. But it seems that the other party isn't exactly happy too... 

I look towards their direction and caught Yongguk looking at me. He nods with a jerk of his head sideways. I know immediately what he means. And I follow as he turn around and walks in the opposite direction. 

_____________

 

I notice how Daehyun was looking at me while I walked away just now. But it seems that Yongguk has something more important to say. I take a deep breath as Yongguk turn around with a solemn expression. It feels like a student waiting to face the music. But he smiles finally and I heaved a sigh of relieve instictively. 

'What? Do I look so scary?' He frowns but made do with a brighter smile instead. I can't help but laugh along. 

'What is it you want to talk about?' I ask. Half of my mind was restlessly hanging there worrying how Daehyun may get the wrong idea. 

Yongguk smiles shaking his head and leans forward suddenly, alarming me. 

'W..what?' I stutter from his sudden movement. 

'We know the both of you are in a relationship,' He says with an arch of his eyebrow and a smirk. I gulp and keep my gaze focus on something else other than his face. 'Judging at how you're blushing.. there seems to be no chance for an interception by us.' he adds with a grin and turn around showing me his back instead. 

'I don't even know you guys...' I mumble but just audible enough for him to hear. He laughs loudly and nods. 

'Even though we did know you beforehand... and seeing how you're so adorable...' He pauses between his sentences as though waiting for a reaction. I clear my throat and look away. 

He shakes his head with a short smile. 'You will never fall in love with one of us.' 

There is an awkward silence between us. 

'I'm sorry.' I manage to say, breaking the atmosphere. Yongguk only laughs with both hands infront of his chest, as though admiting defeat. 

'Daehyun, is really something huh?' Even though it's just a rhetorical question, I can't help but smile with a nod. It's weird how I can't find the right reason to explain my feelings for him. I guess liking someone doesn't actually need a reason right? 

'You think you will fall in love with me, if I met you first?' He asks with a slightly disappointed expression 

'But technically, I met you first.' I reply with the fact that we've long met in the cafe already. He laughs again with a literal facepalm. 

'You got me speechless. Fine fine fine,' he raises his hands up again. 'Anyway, don't worry we'll explain to Haraboji.' 

'Really? You will?' This is some good news, maybe they are the ones who are capable of making Haraboji change his mind. 

'Really? Are you that happy?' Yongguk drew imaginary circles infront of my eyes with his fingers illustrating his point. I roll my eyes in response and practically demand an actual confirmation with my whole body, hands on waist. 

'Yes, yes yes, dear princess. Your black knights here will save the day and you can ride that fairy white horse with Prince Charming Hyun over there.' He points behind me and I turn around and my heart skips a beat. 

Daehyun is right here right now, his back leaning relaxed against the wall, standing on one leg. And of course not forgetting that victorious smirk across his face. Since when has he been there? 

He turns to look at me and made his way in my direction. He pinches my cheeks once we're an arms length apart and a big smile appears on his face, turning his mesmerising eyes into lines at once. 

'How long..' 

'I've been there a long time.' He replies simply exchanging glances with Yongguk. 

'You knew?!' I turn around glaring at Yongguk in disbelief. The both of them chuckle in unison. 

'Since when are you two best friends forever?' I ask. Clearly anyone wouldn't be able to comprehend this situation here, especially if you're in my shoes. 

'Since when were we enemies?' Yongguk replies wittily. I look away in an attempt to ignore his presence. On the other hand, Daehyun is practically enjoying this moment. 

'Thankyou.' Daehyun says suddenly surprising us both. Yongguk smiles and places a hand on his shoulder. 

'You're welcome. But I think you should do something with that Kim Hyerim. We've heard.'

I expect Daehyun to reply with a Yes or Don't Worry. But he didn't. Instead, he is silent. Please tell me that you have a plan and it's nothing else. 

Yongguk clears his throat. 'Good luck for tomorrow.' 

Right, it's Daehyun's match, the final match tomorrow. And what is that Battle of the Princess? Just hearing the name makes me flinch. Can't he just think of something less corny? 

''You'll be fine right?' I ask Daehyun and he smiles finally, playing with a stand of my hair absent mindedly. 

'Don't worry.' He says confidently. Why didn't you tell me that earlier when you're supposed to answer with that reply? 

 

___________

 

Speak of the devil, I met Hyerim along the corridor with neither Daehyun nor Sehun. She smiles sweetly with a slight bow, making it clear she understands who's the guest here in this villa. I nod in response but my smile comes a little unnaturally and muttered an inaudible curse under my breath. 

'Heading somewhere?' I ask trying to sound less hostile. 

'Yup, Sehun must be waiting for me.' She replies softly, even her choice of words and tone seems ever so gentle and feminine. Not gonna lose. 

'Do you really intend to let Haraboji arrange your marriage?' I ask, this might be the only chance to get things clear. I wouldn't let the opportunity pass like that. 

She smiles brighter, a little overdone in my opinion and seems a little too full of herself. 

'I wouldn't mind of course.' Is it my imagination or is she insulting me with her eyes and smile? 

'B..But.. you don't even know Daehyun!' I protest with my whole body but she seems rather oblivious. 

'But now I do.' She replies a little too simple and this is getting annoying. 

'You cannot!' 

'Why can't I?' This time she drops her 'smiling girl' pretense and narrows her eyes. She's half a head taller than me and it seems like she's looking down on me. Literally. I take a few steps back, my fists clench on my sides resisting the urge to slap her across that smug face. But no, if I do, I've lost. 

She smirks as though the victory is clear, she've won this staring competition. I move infront of her instinctively, blocking her way. 

'I will never let that happen.' I scrowl in frustration. 

'Well excuse me, Daehyun's bringing me to a walk on the beach later.' She brushes me aside and strode off. 

'AHHHHHH!!' 

Just you wait! KIM - HYE - RIM! 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

B.A.P'S COMEBACK! OMG THESE GUYS ARE AWESOME. DIDN'T THEY JUST DEBUTED LIKE 9 MONTHS AGO? AND THEY HAVE 5 MINI ALBUMS/SINGLES/REPACKAGED . IDE THESE GLORIOUS BOYS. AND THEIR 'HAJIMA (STOP IT)' I CANNOT. ALL HAIL BLONDE ASIANS PLEASE. B) THEY JUST SUIT BLONDE SO MUCH I HAVE NO WORDS AND MY GAWD THE SONG IS JUST TOO CUTE TO RESIST. 

ANYWAYS... WHO WANTS TO MAKE ME A POSTER FOR THIS FIC?? B)