Chapter 7

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

L lay on a long bench in the backyard, eyes closed. He didn't exactly preferred quiet peaceful places to rest, he always came to this exact spot in the house to relax. Even with a dozen other guys taekwondo sparring in the area, he seemed most at ease with noise. Sungyeol came with two cans of coke and balanced one on L's forehead. He was taken with surprised by the cold contact and hit Sungyeol in the arm in which the other male just laughed.

'What's on your mind?' Sungyeol asked and took a sip of his drink.

'Nothing much.' L shrugged while he watched a guy getting back flipped in a distance. He winced, almost as though he felt the impact of the fall. Sungyeol laughed and bumped his can with his.

'Everytime you're here, there seems to be something.' Sungyeol leaned back against the bench and closed his eyes. He knew L would tell him eventually even though he could guess what he was going to say. They have been friends since they had their first memory, but L has always been the slow one while Sungyeol saw through him at once. 

L sighed and nudge Sungyeol on his leg. 'You know it already don't you?' 

Sungyeol laughed but he had something else in mind. No matter how close they were before, this was something he couldn't give up on. 

'We'll have a fair competition. But you need to do something about that awkwardness.' Sungyeol pat him on the shoulders before he got up and tossed the can accurately into a bin few metres away. 'OH YEA! 2 POINTS FOR SUNGYEOL! Time to brush up my prodigy basketball.' 

L closed his eyes once again and lay back down, this time deep in thoughts...

About that awkwardness...

* * * * * 

Daehyun slumped into his bed an arm draped over his eyes. 

'What are you doing Daehyun?!' He muttered a curse under his breath and pulled a pillow over his head. L.Joe walked in hands tucked in his pockets and burst out in laughter at the sight of him. 

'What are you doing?' He asked and got himself comfortable in a couch at the other end of the room. 

'That's what I want to know.' Daehyun replied leaving L.Joe dumbfounded. 

'Huh?' 

'Why are you here? Get out.' Daehyun threw his pillow in L.Joe's direction but he caught it instead. Hugging it closer to his his chest, he rested his chin on top. 'Why so serious?' L.Joe teased and lay down on the couch, tossing the pillow up and caught it before it fell on his face.

'Why are you here L.Joe? Shouldn't you be with you? Mr Bulter no.2' Daehyun scowled. 

'Why am I no.2?! Chunji's with her. But look who's all cooped up in his room doing some serious self reflection for his stupid actions.' He grinned and knew he got Daehyun's attention. 

'What did I do huh Mister 2?' The other male scowled.

'Oh I wonder who was the one I saw trying to give our princess a hug in broad daylight?' L.Joe sat up and glared at Daehyun who was now by the window looking at a group of boys diving into the pool. Daehyun knew exactly what he meant, which was the main reason why he was getting all frustrated by himself here. He rubbed his nape n frustration. 

'So?' L.Joe challenged and slumped back into the comfortable couch. 'You like her.' 

Daehyun froze. No, he thought. 'Silence means consent.' L.Joe added with a smirk. Gotcha! Mr CHIC and COOL. 

'You like her.' Daehyun rebutted and L.Joe sat up at once. 'say whot?!' 

Daehyun smirked. L.Joe knew this conversation was turning one-sided. Daehyun turned the table against him. 'You like her don't you, and you're jealous that Chunji gets to spend more time with her.' he continued. 

'No. No. No. No. No! I don't care about Chunji or anyone else.' L.Joe frowned. 

'Right. But you care about her.' Daehyun added and L.Joe took a deep breath. 

'You care about her. You know the rules. Don't break it.' L.Joe scowled and left, leaving Daehyun alone staring frustratingly at the couch. He ruffled his hair in annoyance. 'I don't like her.' Still in denial.

'Who do you not like? Hyung you don't like me?!' Zelo burst into the room with Matoki on his shoulder. Daehyun sighed in defeat and pushed him out of the room. 'No Zelo.' and slapped the back of his head. 'Can't you act like your age?' 

'Ouch, hyung!' Zelo turned around and make a face at Daehyun while rubbing the back of his head. 'Hyung! you trying to kill me?!' Daehyun attacked his left side this time and he broke into a run instead, protesting. 

Daehyun chuckled and walked towards the balcony. What he didn't know was that, Sungyeol was leaning behind a large pillar, perfect for hiding. He'd in fact, overheard everything and seen the look on L.Joe as he stomped out of Daehyun's room.

He sighed, tilting his head back till it touched the cold hard marble pillar. 'Looks like the competitors have increased.' 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

UPDATE!! AND THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS GUYS!! :D YOU GUYS ARE DEFINITELY MY SOURCE OF MOTIVATION! /HUGS/ B) ENJOY THE CHAPTER WELL!~