Plot twist?

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

'Can you stop pacing around in the room already, I'm getting dizzy just from looking at you.' L.Joe leaned back against the head rest, arm drapped across his face. 

I stopped and sat down beside him, biting my nails. 

'Don't bite your nails,' Chunji placed a cup of hot chocolate infront of me. 'Girls shouldn't bite their pretty nails.' Ending it with his trademark butler smile. 

'Why are you guys even here.' I snapped in frustration. 

'Because, you're so easy to read.' L.Joe replied half heartedly, like he was just starting the obvious fact that everyone could see. 

I let out a sigh. So they're with me now, either we're going down with this sinking boat, or help me to peddle for safety. 

'I can't believe he had a plan like that, he must been dying of boredom to play such a move.' L.Joe said, curling his lips scornfully. 

'What am I supposed to do? Daehyun's been with her the whole day, his match's in half an hour and what he did at the beach..' 

'you, breathe.' Chunji interrupted, raising and lowering his hand to the momentum. I took a deep breath and settled down. But I was nervous, I guessed I've actually officially declared war against Haraboji. Daehyun, you'll be fine right? I sighed again, beside me Chunji and L.Joe exchanged glances and sighed too. 

______________________

AUTHOR'S POV.

you sat down on the spectators' bench, watching Daehyun and Hyerim in a corner. The only ones who knew about the plot were L.Joe and Chunji. Everyone else were giving random comments on the weird way Daehyun was acting. 

'You think that is normal?' She whispered in Chunji's ears. He took a quick glance in the couple's direction and shrugged. 'I don't... know.' 

Behind her Zelo hissed. 'What is that about? Hyung and Hyerim ssi?! What about -' Apparently his mindless speech was stopped by someone just in time. you sighed yet again but couldn't take her eyes off the two of them. She watched helplessly as Hyerim adjusted Daehyun's Dobok, her hands swiping across his chest and his shoulders. Daehyun didn't even resist, instead he was smiling charmingly at her, and again whispered something into her ears.

Her expression was difficult to read, it was a mixture of stun and a late coming enthusiasm. Any other person might thought Daehyun just proposed to her. you noticed how Sehun stood unmovingly a few feet away, with his usual chic expression. However, it might not be her imagination how he too, kept his intense gaze fixated on the scene infront of him. 

L.Joe took a protective glance at her and clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white in an instant. Chunji turn around and shot him a warning look. He released his fists and straightened up. 

Opposite, Yongguk looked at you and nodded promisingly as though saying 'Don't worry' with his whole facial expression. She smiled in return, thankful he was on her side. Her eyes darted towards Haraboji, sitting relaxingly in the higher bench, a smirk appeared across his face as their eyes met momentarily. She looked away immediately biting hard on her lips. Chunji gave her a nudge and she took another deep breath under his supervision. 

Dongwoo did a few warm up excersises and made his way to the centre of the Dojang where Mr K stood smartly, a hand out-stretched waiting to begin the match. Daehyun whispered something else to Hyerim with his best smile before moving to the centre. Chunji took a glance at Hyerim, to his surprise she doesn't look the least pleased with whatever Daehyun has said to her earlier. Instead her eyes seems to flicker every now and then in Haraboji's direction, like a lost child looking for directions. 

A pleasant smile formed on Chunji's face. 'So this is how it is.' 

you looked at Daehyun hopefully, waiting for him to at least give her a smile. But none came and the match has begun. 

The first round ended with a tie. Sungyeol and Zelo exclaimed continously at how he has mastered all the difficult techniques and yet retain his strength for the rest of the match. He didn't even sweat. However, his expression was unreadable. She has tried to make eye contact with him, however whenever their eyes met, he would look away and instead turn to smile at Hyerim. you's hands were already numb from clenching her fists too hard. Frustrated, but there was nothing she could say. She wanted to tell him Haraboji's plan but without evidence, it wasn't of any use. Yet again, she hasn't seem him for almost two days, he didn't even called. 

The second round started with Haraboji's cue. Dongwoo didn't even put up a fight for the second round. It was obvious he doesn't want to win. He flashed her a smile and a quick thumbs up before Daehyun flung him mercilessly onto the floor. This battle of strength wasn't exactly a fair fight anyway. Dongwoo has planned to lose from the start so the whole competition ends with a tie. 

L.Joe grinned manically. 'Didn't expect how this whole thing would turn out like that.' 

'Daehyun doesn't even have to use his full strength.' Sungyeol commented behind with a proud grin. Chunji held back his laughter and sighed instead. 'Choding ah will always be choding.' He muttered under his breath. 

 

____________________________

 

'So at the end of this week, the match ended in a tie,' Haraboji paused looking at our expressions, 'unfortunately.' 

you rolled her eyes in his direction. Stupid Haraboji, you couldn't have guessed that I've heard everything. 

'With this however, I have a piece of good news to announce.' He gestured at Yongguk to his side and glanced at you with a big wide scheming grin spread across his face. 'After all these matches, I've decided to void the last match. Since-' He stopped and placed a hand on Yongguk's shoulder. Yonggyuk smiled respectfully in response then exchanged glances with you and Niel. 

'- it's not needed anymore! I've decided that Yongguk will be the best candidate for my baby girl.' His speech ended followed by a dead silence. Zelo gasped in horror. you however was the least surprised, she has of course already expected this but, Daehyun didn't. She turned around to his direction, Hyerim who had her hands around his arm arched an eyebrow. 'Congratulations.' She mouthed shamelessly. It took you all her self control to not stomp over and slap her across the face, instead she focused her attention on Daehyun hoping to see a concerned look. He didn't even look at her, his expression yet again, unreadable as always.

'And Hyerim and Daehyun, can you come up here?' He flashed an overly done smile at the two of them. you could only watch in shock as he led her to Haraboji's side. 

'What? Now what?' Sungyeol asked Myungsoo. 'Beats me.' Myungsoo replied almost a whisper. But he was hoping it wasn't something he thought it could be. He looked at you back view and straightened up.

Haraboji kept his gaze fixed on you as he spoke. She knew exactly what he was trying to do thus she kept her cool and watched as a short frown creased on his forehead. 

'Anyway, I've decided to have Hyerim engaged to Daehyun!' He paused waiting for some sort of reaction but again, there was only silence. Instead everyone's gaze focused on the unfazed you

Haraboji cleared his throat. 'I've decided to hold the engagement party once we're back home! Doesn't this call for a double celebration? Ha Ha Ha Ha.' He laughed loudly, obviously thinking that his scheme has succeeded. 

you turned towards Chunji and L.Joe and shrugged before leaving with the rest. However, she caught another look at Daehyun. Once again, he seemed the least affected by the arrangment. To her horror, he even had a hand placed on Hyerim's waist before exiting the Dojang after Haraboji. 

Daehyun ah, don't tell me you've really fallen for her?!