Different worlds?

Oh! My Mafia Princess! ; 오! 마이 마피아 프린세스!

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

Daehyun hasn't been replying your messages. Ever since Haraboji's announcement, things have started to go really weird for the two of you. He would avoid your gaze when you walk past him, and he wouldn't even reply even if you call his name. 

Worse of all? Hyerim has never left his side. She's always around him. You sulk unconsciously as Yongguk and the rest descended the stairs. 

'Yah you, are you regetting your decision for not marrying me?' Yongguk teases with his usual wide smile. You nudge him and watch him fake a wince. Niel has his arms around Jinyoung and Siwan, the three of them wink almost in unison as they get closer. 

'Since when did the three of them become bffs?' You jerk a finger at the new 'gang' playfully. Yongguk shrugs and both Dongwoo and Sunggyu appear behind him. 

'How's the princess coping with the news?' Dongwoo pokes Yongguk's cheeks teasingly with his index fingers only to get a head slap from Sunggyu.

You sigh as their faces fell too, knowing the situation all too well. 

'How did the two of them get so close within a few short days?' Dongwoo comments again after a long pause. 'Beats me.' Sunggyu replies looking at you, afraid that Dongwoo's mindless speech might hurt your feelings. 

'Let's take a walk.' Yongguk suggests waving away the rest. They bid you goodbye as they stroll off the oppposite direction towards the backyard. You smile the best your can manage. Dongwoo's words indeed did some impact to your already breaking heart. You scratch your head in frustration and Yongguk grabs your hands gently, putting them back down before combing your messed up hair through his fingers. 

Your heart ached a little more, remembering how Daehyun used to do that too. 

Yongguk takes another look at you and grabs your hand, pulling you along without another word. 

'Where are we going?' You ask a little taken aback by his actions. 

'To the beach.' He simply says without turning back. Somehow he sounds different from his minutes before, and deep down you know how concerned he is for you. Even if you're overwhelmed by this feeling of guilt towards Yongguk, you can't shake Daehyun and Hyerim off your thoughts. Daehyun's hand on her waist, Daehyun's smile when with her, Daehyun's every little movement and body language with her. Daehyun, your Daehyun. Your heart sink like a heavy stone to the pit of your hollow heart. 

Should I still trust you? You asked me to right? Didn't you? So why? Why her? 

______________________________

 

Yongguk stops when you can feel the waves washing your toes. Lucky your wore sandals and not sneakers. You didn't know Yongguk brought you this close to the sea, literally. 

'Close your eyes.' He says, without looking at you. You watch as he stretch out his hands and closes his eyes, feeling the breeze on his body. A smile appears on his face. His expression is the same calm you've always know. You smile too, and followed. 

You feel the soft sand beneath your feet, the water on your toes, you smile wider hearing the sound of waves and some seagulls in a distance. The feeling is oddly familiar. You let your thoughts run wild, you don't have to be afraid, the water isn't even deep, and there's Yongguk by your side. 

A picture pops up in your mind, your eye lids became the black screen for this silent movie. 

 

'Do you like here so much?' 

'Seriously, you hadn't scare me enough?'  

'I came here often too you know.' 

I found myself staring at his side profile instead. He looked more child-like in this manner. Not that smuggish afterall. He grabbed my wrist and sprung me around, facing him. We were just inches apart and I unconsiously held my breath as I saw my own reflection in his eyes...

 

Your eyes flew open in an instant. The memory is like a knife straight through your heart. You collapse into a fetal position, hugging your knees as tears slowly trickled down your face. 

Yongguk kneel down immediately, holding you by your shoulders. You realise you are shaking uncontrollably. The breeze feels colder like this, the sound of waves sound like a hysterical mocking. Even the seagulls agree. You bury your head back into your knees and feel your own warm tears on your skin. You feel stupid and useless. Where has all my courage from before went to? 

'What happened? Can't you just tell me what happened? What is it that you can't say?' Yongguk pressed on further as you raise your head slowly, suddenly self conscious about how you'll look like to him at this moment. Then you sniffed in a sob. 'It's a long story.' 

________________________

 

'So that's what happened?!' Yongguk looks at you with eyes so wide, You've never seen him so surprised before. You are shock just looking at his expression. Somehow it looks a little comical to be honest and you can't help but crack up at that face. 

'What? Now you're laughing.' He crosses his arms infront of his chest, his toned arms distinct even under the sleeves. Was he this buff before? 

Just then Sehun walk past the two of you with his same old stone-like expression. A thought come to you suddenly, and you sprang up to catch up with him before he walks away. 

'Sehun ssi!' 

He turns around with a blank expression, and you have to stop a few feet away because of the height distance not wanting to break your neck looking up at him. 

'Yes?' He answers. This is the first time you've actually heard his voice. It is surprisingly, young? Despite him looking like a man full of chic and seriousness, his voice is that no more an average teen boy. 

'How old are you?' You say that aloud and regret immediately. 

'Nineteen.' He answers again without a hint of hesitant. You could've swear you almost fell if Yongguk hasn't caught you right in time from behind.

'Hi.' Yongguk says stretching out his hand for a handshake. 'Hi.' Sehun replies but look at Yongguk's hand for a while before shaking it. 

'19?! Then, we're of the same age? How old is Hyerim then?' 

'17.' Sehun replies simply again his expression the same. Your jaws hang open literally, forgetting how to react if Yongguk hasn't clear his throat after a while. Thank god Yongguk is still here. 

'So I didn't know she's so... small?' Yongguk taps his chin with his finger. 'Neither did I.' Now I want to find a hole and bury myself in it. How can a 17 year old girl get that much feminine in her? Even her poise is different from average high school students. You thought giving Sehun another look from head to feet.

'Can I leave now?' Sehun asks. You know how he is filled with politeness and probably intention to ask with much respect but it just came out a little annoying as though a brat with a chic expression is giving you orders. 

'Can...not.' You reply after a whle surprising the both of them. Sehun's expression changes finally. A frown appears on his forehead which lessen that fierce look from his eyes instantly. 

'Why are you always so uptight?' You ask again, hopefully not to sound like a creep, because you are already starting to sound like one. 

'Am I?' That frown never left his face. Yongguk chuckles beside you suddenly breaking the air of awkwardness. 'Sorry, I mean his expression is too serious I can't help but laugh.' 

'I agree. Can you please smile a little?' You drag the edge of your lips upwards with your index fingers, as though teaching him how an actual smile would look like.  

'I am not an idiot, but I don't feel the need to smile.' Sehun replies this time with abit of annoyance from his tone. 'Are we a step closer to melting this block of ice?' You whisper to Yongguk and he shrugs taking another look at Sehun. No matter what, his position beside Hyerim has been taken by Daehyun, You know you need to get to the bottom of this matter. Or more of a 'have to' than a 'need to'. 

'Daehyun has been spending so much time with Hyerim recently, especially after yesterday, he hasn't been replying my messages...' Your voice trails off realising that this is somehow saying something really personal. Then you realise Sehun's expression softens suddenly too. You even thought you saw a flicker of saddness in his eyes. 

Taking another deep breath you muster up enough courage to ask that one important question in your head. 

'Does Daehyun seems in love with her?' Maybe from his perspective, it might have seems different. Yongguk backs away, leaning against the wooden railing. You know he doesn't want to make another comment and that he's telling you 'I'll be here if you need me.' 

Sehun's shoulders drops slowly as he turns too, his back against the wall his head lowered looking at a leather armlet on his right wrist. You take another glance at it, a silver letter 'S' is embedded on it. He looks up and covers it up again with his long sleeves. 

'So..?' You ask again hesitantly. 

'They seems in love.' He says and exhales slowly, but it sounds like a sigh of disappointment that escaped from his mouth. 

Your face fell. This isn't something you were expecting to hear. To think that Sehun sees them as a couple in love. Daehyun, just what have you been doing?

'Are you sure?' You ask again, hoping to receive another different outcome, but deep down somehow you know, if you don't act fast now, Daehyun and Hyerim's relationship might not just be a question of 'maybe'. 

'Maybe..' Sehun's voice is now softer than before, his chic and distance aura disappeared into thin air. 

'I like Daehyun, and I know that Hyerim is just teaming up with Haraboji to make Daehyun look like a bad man.' You try to retort. 

'But he does seems like it now.' Sehun's tone is surprisingly harsh. 

'Hey watch your tone.' Yongguk speaks from behind and Sehun straightens up tucking his hands into his pants. His expression harder again. 

'Is that all you want to know?' Somehow from his tone, you realise how he doesn't like talking about Daehyun, like he has become the third party. Suddenly something clicked within you and you gasp alarming the both of them. 

'You like Hyerim don't you?' Crap am I too straightforward?

Sehun looks away immediately, biting his lower lips. Once again, he has lost all that moment of chic and cool. He sighs instead and fist bumped his forehead. However, a sarcastic laugh came from him. 

'What is it now? Admitting it already?' You cross your arms, a feeling of victory from within. 

'No? You have a really good imagination.' He says and turn around preparing to leave. 

'Hey, you're leaving like that? Why didn't you dare to admit it? What's wrong to like someone?' You raise your voice unknowingly. 

'Me and her, we are people from two different worlds.' He says simply and walks away just like that, without turning back, leaving both you and Yongguk staring at each other. 

'He likes her.' Yongguk says with a smile and a hand on your shoulder. 'A man's intuition.' 

'But Daehyun...' 

'Don't worry, I'm sure Daehyun still likes you-' He pauses and pinches your nose, '-if he isn't afraid that I might keep you for myself.' He teases with that usual wide smile. You laugh too, giving him an elbow. 'Enough of your jokes.' He covers his stomach in pain. 

'Yah! That actually hurts! What if I died?!'

'Then I might have to applaud myself for my inhuman strength.' 

'Woah there young lady, don't get too full of yourself.' Yongguk says pulling you into a headlock and messes up your hair. 

'Yah! Yah! Yah! Bang - Yong - Guk!' You break free from him, as he runs away in the opposite direction. 'Mehrong!' 

You chase after him, thankful for his effort to make you laugh. Even though you couldn't help but be bothered by what Sehun has told you, but again, you are somehow more concerned about Sehun's feelings towards Hyerim. Surprising even yourself in the process. 

'we are people from two different worlds.' Sehun's words rang in your ears as images of Daehyun flashes in your mind continously like a replay. 

'Are our worlds different too?' You muttered under your breath, as you watch Yongguk waving in a distance. 

'you! You giving up already?' He shouts as you take off again in his direction. 

 

ARGH! Please. just wait for me. Even if our worlds are different, I'm sure I will be able to enter yours.

So in the meantime, don't give up. Don't you dare enter her world! 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

SORRY GUYS THIS TOOK SO LONG. MIANHAE!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS IDE. SOME ARE SO GLORIOUS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. AND YES BB YOU THERE I GIVE YOU SEHUN AND 'YOU' CONVO! HAHAHAHHA IDE. YES IKR WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS BLOCK OF ICE TALK. BUT WELL HE IS STILL THE SAME BLOCK OF STUPID STONE. OKAY WHOT. HAHAHAHA OH LAWD. 

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER TOOOOO!!!!~~~! AND ISN'T THE CHAPTER SONG NAISEU~~~ HAHAH OKAY TILL LATER!