Chapter Eight: Shock

A Crack in History

[I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY DID IT.]

Ryeowook raised an eyebrow at the surprised voice. Eunhyuk hadn't called him back the previous day, he'd been so tired with his mission yesterday he had gone straight to bed with a futher thought, the next thing he knew when he awoke, Ryeowook was in the Geumcheon district.

"It was that hard to believe?" Ryeowook frowned, walking along a deserted street. "Geez, I'm hurt."

[It's just... God...] Eunhyuk stammered. [Unexpected... I never expected you to actually do it...]

"Oh but I did."

[HOW ARE YOU NOT TIRED?!]

"I dunno."

[EXACTLY! THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT!]

"What are you trying to say?" Ryeowook asked quzzically.

[Ah-Just forget it!] Eunhyuk groaned. [Look, you need to look for-]

"Hankyung right?" Ryeowook finished, holding a thumb up. "Got it... He's near the Ingbeolno Gate right?"

[Eh... Somewhere around there....] Eunhyuk sighed in reply. [I'm not sure his exact coordinates but... Near there yes.}

"Mm..."

[Do you think you could find him today?]

"Most possibly, yes."

[You only know he's injured right?]

"Well it's a start." Ryeowook shrugged. "We'll talk later, I have a person to find."

[I've got a Donghae to deal with, you could be off worse.}

"That's only a punishment in your eyes Hyukjae."

[Oh but you do not know how bad he is!] Eunhyuk protested. [He's just so hard to cooperate with it's just-arg!]

"I can't tell if that was to emphasis your point, or because you hurt yourself."

[What do you think genius.]

"Haha very funny." Ryeowook rolled his eyes. "But seriously, he can't be that bad."

[Yeah he is!]

"Well do you ever try to cooperate with him?"

There was a silence from the other side of the conversation and Ryeowook sighed, smiling in a mixture of amusement, disbelief, and expectance as he saw the gate in the distance.

"Of course, you never tried." he groaned. "Why am I not surprised."

[I just can't you know? It's just like UGH NO JUST NO and you're like WHY?! and just feel like BLEGH-]

"ENOUGH WITH THE SOUND EFFECTS!"

[I CAN'T HELP IT.]

"..."

[Oh, and Teuk told me to say to you he's not in a good state.....]

"... That helps."

[That's sarcasm right?]

"Yes.... Well... I'm leaving now, goodbye and see you soon... Hopefully..." Ryeowook sighed placing his radio back on his belt. "You've been keeping me from my task, so bye now."

He cut the line before Eunhyuk could say anything else, and looked around him, he had basically just entered the district, a little more in from it, like... Ten minutes driving in? He scanned the area for any sign of surreal activity... After all, isn't that how the elements are? He walked around, between the maze of alleyways that twisted in and out and around the skyscrapers.

"Hey, do you know if that guy is round here?" a rough voice rang through the empty block, making Ryeowook panic and scamper up the lader of the nearest building. He could barely understand it, the dialect was definitely of the North Korean sorts, he didn't think why he didn't notice that when he was talking with Yesung and Kyung.

"What guy?" Ryeowook spotted two soilders, walking aroung the block, plasma guns in hand and knives and normal rifles on their backs.

"That guy, the one number 26730 and 18988 found a couple days ago..."

"Oh, him, he escaped from them on the day, but they left him with pretty bad injuries, he wouldn't get far if he wanted to... We'll probably find him 'round here if we look."

"Should we kill him?"

"Yeah, I guess."

'What guy...?' Ryeowook thought, a frown on his face. 'Could they be talking about that Hankyung guy?'

Ryeowook jumped to the next building, silently grabbing on to the edge and climbing up the wall, following them from above as they walked forwards, creeping along the top of the building, eavesdropping on their conversation as they went.

"Where did they find him?"

"Why are you so eagar?"

"They could be one of those things."

"The others already checked, he isn't."

"Well, I could do with a kill anyways..." the first soldier sighed. "So do you know?"

"Yeah, a little further from here... ten, fifteen minutes away." the second soldier shrugged, Ryeowook's eyes narrowed and he found his way to the next building on his path, keeping his gaze on the soldiers, aware of his surroundings. "Like Ingbeolno Gate... Walking, twelve, eight minutes run."

'Ingbeolno Gate!' the words entered his ears as fast as they exited, Ryeowook's eyes widened at the name, and suddenly found himself racing off, ignoring the soldiers, but making sure to avoid them. He jumped a few more buildings before he could finally see the actual gate, it was about seven minutes away from where he was, and he made a mental path of where he was going to go. 'It is him!'

Ryeowook could've taken as long as he wanted to get there. He could've taken five minutes, on, an hour, but he decided to be quick before some other soldiers got to him, scampering off the tops of skyscrapers and hopping along the skyline.

Too bad that when he got there, the soldiers had bet him.

"Tell us where they are!"

"I said I don't know okay?!"

"Kid, it's not good lying...."

"EUGH!" a loud grunt filled the alleyway, and Ryeowook peered off the side of the building he was on. a group of three soilders were kicking this poor guy, another readying his knife. Hankyung (so he assumed) looked like a mess. Blood was everywhere, it matted his black hair and his face was smeared with it, big red spots bloomed like billowing flowers as it touched the fabric of his shirt. He was so skinny, and his skin was pale due to blood loss.

The guy with the weapons was walking over to the injured one knife poised and the others had there guns ready. Ryeowook's eyes almost fell out of their sockets, and he wanted to scream out to him, but he knew that would get them both killed. Hankyung's eyes widened, and then squeezed shut in terror.

Thinking fast, Ryeowook pulled out his pistols and flicked the silencers on, he aimed and shot about eight bullets to at least immobilise them, then another ten to kill. He watched their forms fall to the ground, and then tremble as the bullets pierced their skin, sinking into their bodies and leaving blood spurting out in their haste. Hankyung's eyes were wide open again, shocked by the whole outcome of thing (initial shock), and he seemed to relax a bit, body slumping and eyes closed in relief, although he was obviously still in pain. Ryeowook made his way to the ground, putting his guns away and walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder and rubbing it in a way he hoped to be soothingly.

Hankyung opened his eyes, and blinked curiously at Ryeowook.

"Hey..." Ryeowook smiled. "You're going to be okay..."

The black-haired boy nodded shakily, happy that he could recognise the dialect, but he still looked at him questionably.

"My name is Ryeowook..." Ryeowook told him, helping him up and supproting his weight on his shoulder, helping him walk unsteadily. "Park Jungsoo sent me, he told me you knew him...?"

"... I-I do..."

Ryeowook looked up at the other and blinked at his croaky voice, a hint of another accent mingling with South Korean, perhaps Chinese. Ryeowook stumbled a bit under the new weight, but managed to get him to a building, where he sat him down on a chair, asking him to remove his shirt, opening his backpack and tending to the other's wounds.

"Y-yes... I d-do know him..." He said more surely. "Leeteuk r-right...? Yes, yes.... I know him...."

"What's you're name?" Ryeowook asked, opening a bottle of antiseptic and pouring some on a clean cloth.

"Hankyung..." he smiled at him, but he winced when Ryeowook dabbed the antiseptic on his cheek. "Or Han Geng, depending who it is."

"Part.... Chinese?" Ryeowoook questioned curiously, placing a white plaster on the deep gash. "You don't mind if I call you Han Geng?"

"No... Not at all." Han Geng shrugged as Ryeowook continued with the antiseptic on his arms and chest.  "And yes, Chinese..."

"And you know where an elemental guardian is..." Ryeowook continued, grabbing some gauze. "Wow... They got you with knives a lot..."

"Yeah..." Han Geng sighed as his upper arm was wrapped in white cotton. "And... Yeah..."

"Cool." Ryeowook hummed, wrapping more bandages around his chest. "Well we should get you back home soon, so you can talk to Leeteuk about it."

"Yeah..."

It seemed as if that was all he could say for the time being.

"Do you... Know any elements...?"

Ryeowook raised an eyebrow, but shrugged and replied with a small whisper as he wrapped Han Geng's calf in white bandages.

"Yeah, a few..."

"Oh..."

"Mm..." Ryeowook smiled, pulling away from Han Geng and examining him for any more injuries. "So are you okay now?"

"Yes, thank you..." Han Geng smiled, standing up. "Where to we have to go? I shall travel at the best of my ability."

"Well, Leeteuk's located in the Yongsan district... So a few days moving by foot." Ryeowook calculated. "Do you need help walking?"

"No... Well..." Han Geng looked down at his leg. "A crutch would be good..."

"Oh... Yes." Ryeowook scanned the room, finding an old walking cane. "Here."

"Thank you..." Han Geng gave him a grin.

"You're welcome," Ryeowook replied, exiting the room, Han Geng in pursuit.

"Let's go."

----------------------------------

A/N:

This is probably the chapter that has changed the most

So far.

You'll see those words a lot in my notes....

Please comment and subscribe~

And as always,

Don't mind me~