Chapter One: Trust

A Crack in History

Ryeowook literally slammed into the closest safe house he'd stumbled upon after running on the highway. Dumping his backpack in the lounge of what he soon discovered to be an abandoned home (although, there actually wasn't really any reason to say that, everything in the city was abandoned), he walked to the nearest bedroom and collapsed on a very soft and squashy king-sized bed. His head spun, his legs felt like they would fail him any time soon. Sighing as the weight was taken off his feet, he examined his shoes. The tread was worn thin, and the toe was pretty much falling off. Whining, he pulled his sneakers off and chucked them against a wall, falling into the mess of blankets, muttering something about the 2471st scientists hadn't even had the time to invent some decent tread for track shoes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryeowook awoke early, no reason in particular, he just did.  He wanted to stay snuggled in the blanket mass forever if he could, and he would... Although had to get up as his stomach was pretty much ready to eat itself. Shivering as he walked to the lounge, where his rucksack was placed, he rummaged through what he had.

A water bottle, filled of course. Some non-perishable food that'd last him a week if he was smart, twin pistols (ah, that'll come in handy), yep, yep, yep, yep, oh?.... Ryeowook yanked out an old jacket. It was fleecey fabric, the colour of ripe orange. Ryeowook pulled the sweater over his head. It was awfully big, the bottom of it reaching his knees. It smelt like washing powder. That old stuff they used back in the early 2000's...

It was his father's.

Kim Dae-Hyun. Ryeowook's father. He had been a tall man, with deep brown eyes and hair the colour of coal. Ryeowook himself only ever had reached up to his chest, that was the last time he'd seen him. Dae-Hyun always told him Ryeowook had gotten his mother's growth genes. He wasn't tall, no he certainly wasn't. It irritated him. He had always liked trying to grow like his dad.

Ryeowook bit his lip. No. He was gone. He wasn't there for him. He couldn't be here. No need for tears. Ryeowook inhaled and exhaled. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. Just to stop himself from crying. In. Out. In. Out. He shook his head. 

'Don't think of any of it!' Ryeowook thought, eyes clenching shut.

He finally managed to compose himself, and made a somewhat edible meal of what he had on him. In other words, a small bag of dried fruit and a cup of some sort of stock. Not very substantial, but enough to keep him going. He had to keep going. Hei Ryung would kill him if he didn't. Which made him wonder. Had his little sister survived? Maybe. She was twelve. She could look after herself... Maybe not in a war zone... Ryeowook didn't know what to think, there was to much to think about, Ryeowook couldn't process it all.

He heard a loud bang from outside. Rushing to the roof, he found two North Korean soldiers were patrolling the area, before deciding to pack his things and leave.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank the Lord they taught kids in school how to use a gun." Ryeowook muttered, reloading the pistol in his the grasp of his delicate pianist fingers. "Makes my life a whole lot easier."

Ryeowook had been assassinating all the soldiers he had stumbled upon, silently shooting them and moving along. He crawled through a metal frame which he pressumed had once been filled of glass. Checking if the coast was clear, he scurried along a brick wall, peering around the corner cautiously.

"... Oi, Fish... Did ya hear somethin'?" a voice hissed.

"Probably just the wind." was the reply.

"It wasn't the wind dude."

"You sure?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm sure."

"Hyuk, drop it. I think you're going mental."

"Hey! Don't call me mental, I actually did hear something!"

"Sure you did."

"Stupid Fish!"

"Stupid Monkey!"

"Shut up!"

"No, you shut up!"

"Don't talk to me!"

"I won't!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

The arguing pair only noticed Ryeowook was there when they had finished, the smaller male having manoeurved himself behind them, the barrel of a pistol held to each their heads and a harsh, frustrated glare set upon them both. One was blonde, and wore a black hoodie covered in yellow paint splatters and skinny jeans. The other was clad in a high-technology suit, rivets and bolts and buttons which almost looked like they were embedded in his skin.

"This is just great." the blonde groaned, heads pressed together. "We're about to get shot and you have a full suit of armour with you! Just great!"

"At least you can run!" the armored one yelled. 

"Shut up you stupid fish head!"

"Monkey brain!"

"Idiot!"

"Dummy!"

"Just shut up!" Ryeowook sighed, slightly amused by the pair. He pressed the gun barrels harder into the skin on their foreheads. "Who are you?!"

"O-okay!" the blonde stuttered, holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm Lee Eunhyuk... That's Lee Donghae! Please don't shoot us!"

"Hi!" Donghae (apparently) stammered. "My name is Donghae and I don't want to die coniencidentally, so it would be nice if you got this gun away from my head because it's really scaring me and I seriously am too young to die, I love my life kinda, not really okay, maybe I hate it a bit BUT I STILL WANT TO LIVE! So I'm sorry if I did anything to you or something and I mean I know we're in a war but I really do wanna live and I-!"

"Donghae shut up."

"I PANICKED OKAY."

Ryeowook studied the two carefully, looking at their eyes before concluding that they were really just two disorientated guys who had some sort of rivalry or hatred going on between them. 

"Ryeowook," he stated simply, lowering the guns, almost laughing as they both slumped against each other and fell to the ground. "Kim Ryeowook."

"Great, nice to meet you, uh...!" Eunhyuk laughed nervously.

"Why are you here?" Donghae asked, his armour folding into panels, the panels disappearing into thin air. The armour made him look a little bulkier than what he actually was, he was shorter, his chestnut brown hair tousled in a mess on his head. He wore simple clothing, jeans and a navy blue tee.

"I was in Incheon..." Ryeowook muttered sourly. "But it got destroyed..."

"Ah, well, I was from Mokpo, but I'm here now." Donghae sympathised with a shake of his head.

"Donghae, this is no time for stories!" Eunhyuk sighed. 

"Are you guys-" Ryeowook was going to ask another question, but was interrupted.

"NO!" they both exclaimed.

"NO! NO! NO!" Eunhyuk yelled. "I absolutely hate him! I can't live near the dude! He is torture! Plus he doesn't like sweet things!"

"WELL YOU HATE SAVORY THINGS!"

"NO ONE ASKED YOU DONGHAE!!!"

"WELL, I WAS JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS!"

"SHUT UP!"

"NO YOU SHUT UP!!!"

"GUYS!" Ryeowook shouted above their quarreling. "I was just gonna ask if you were brothers or something, but I can see you aren't!"

".... We hate each other...." Donghae murmured facing away from the blonde.

"We were only sent together to get food..." Eunhyuk added with a huff.

"Food?" Ryeowook asked curiously, maybe a bit too eagar for his liking. He was starving, the fruit and stock hadn't lasted him long, and he was staring to get really hungry again... 

"Yeah, food, on that note, we should get going." Eunhyuk muttered, pulling Donghae along, "Come along Hae."

"Wait, what are you doing here?" Ryeowook called out.

"We live here." Donghae smiled, only to receive a slap from Eunhyuk in return. "OW!"

"Idiot!" Eunhyuk hissed. "You aren't meant to tell him!"

"Well, I think he's perfectly safe because he has a mark."

"You idiot-Wait!? Mark?! How can you see?"

"Psh, Eunhyuk, I have special things in my eyes duh."

Eunhyuk glared at him before he walked over to Ryeowook and yanked his jersey sleeve up, revealing a skinny arm.

"Hey!" Ryeowook protested squirming in the other male's hold. "What are you doing?!"

Eunhyuk examined his arm, looking at a design imprinted on the skin that even Ryeowook hadn't noticed until now. The intricate pattern wrapped around his thin wrist, swirling orange markings entwined with each other, locking together in the middle with a symbol somewhat resembling the sun.

"What is that?" Ryeowook frowned holding his wrist up to Eunhyuk's face.

"I told you!" Donghae exclaimed. "We should take him to Teuk." 

"No." Eunhyuk deadpanned. "We'll take him to Fairyland."

"Whatever! Let's just go!" Donghae whined throwing his arms up in the air.

"Okay..." Eunhyuk sighed, letting Ryeowook's wrist go. He pulled his own hoodie sleeve up, revealing a mark similar to Ryeowook's, with slight, noticeable differences. Eunhyuk grabbed Ryeowook's wrist again and placed it against his own, patterns in line.

"Wait..." Donghae mumbled expectantly.

The marks both started glowing, as did Eunhyuk's eyes. Both his mark and eyes shone a brilliant neon yellow. 

"There we go!" Eunhyuk grinned.

"Bingo!" Donghae cheered happily.

"What... What is happening?" Ryeowook gasped.

"We'll explain soon." Donghae chirped, his armour appearing again. He started to run off. "C'mon, let's take him back to Teuk!"

"Collect some food on the way!" Eunhyuk yelled over to him. "I can't take him and get food!"

"Yeah, yeah." Donghae yelled back. "I'll meet you there!"

Eunhyuk sighed, turning back to Ryeowook he instructed. "Get on my back."

"As in..." Ryeowook studdered, flailing his arms. "Now?!"

"Uh, yeah, now.." Eunhyuk frowned, ignoring the protests and carrying Ryeowook's small form on his back effortlessly. "Man you're light."

"I never gave you permission to do this!" Ryeowook yelled irritatedly.

"Shut up, just hold on." Eunhyuk rolled his eyes.

Ryeowook wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk's neck, and Eunhyuk started running.

There was only one thing that seemed out of the ordinary.

Eunhyuk was running at 900 kilometers an hour.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! First chapter... Er, real chapter....

I can't believe I wrote this

... Did I say that last time...?

I don't remember...

Hmmm O_o

Don't mind me~

Enjoy your reading and please comment and subscribe~

Also, I have to thank thebubbleteadreamer for the 'Made of stone, strong as iron, fast as the wind' part in the description