Chapter Six: Belief

A Crack in History

Ryeowook knelt on the ground, a soft breeze on his face as he collected a few herbs from a pot-plant on a house deck. He searched the area for soldiers, collecting big amounts of the herbs and shoving them in small allocated bags. He brushed his hair from his face, breathing out gently as he placed the herbs in his backpack, not noticing the presence that had joined him.

"Who are you?" the soldier asked, scaring Ryeowook out of his skin.

"A-" A hand covered Ryeowook's mouth before he could scream.

"Shh.... Don't worry I'm not the bad guy, I was just wondering something!" the voice hissed out panicked.

Ryeowook had a gun barrel at the soldier's head before he could even finish.

"I hate you too." he answered.

"Who are you and give me one reason not to kill you!" Ryeowook nudge the gun harder into the back of his head. "You have three seconds."

"Well that's not fair." he huffed, ruffling his blonde hair. It was a shade darker thatn Eunhyuk's hair, but it still looked white in the light of the moon. "Fine, fine, if you insist, my name is Yesung, I don't want to kill you or take you away and I just wanted to know why you're here."  

"That's what they all say." Ryeowook muttered to himself. "I've heard that before." 

"Sure you have. " the soldier turned around, facing Ryeowook with his arms folded. "Can you please put that away?"

"Not until you prove that you won't hurt me." Ryeowook's eyes narrowed, his finger shaking on the trigger.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." he sighed. "It's a disguise."

"South?" Ryeowook asked hesistantly.             

"Eh? Kinda." the man shrugged. "You?"

"South." Ryeowook repeated. "Why are you here?"

"I was just looking for something." the soldier replied nonchalantly. "Now I'm going home, if you excuse me..."

Ryeowook didn't lower the gun.

"You are a stubborn one aren't you?" he sighed. "Fine then, we can stand here all night if you want to, but I assure you, I don't have any connections with those bastards."

"Yesung where are you?" another voice enterred Ryeowook's ears and he whipped out his other gun and ed his arm forwards, towards the noise, hearing a grunt. "Oh..."

"What happened to not having any connections?" Ryeowook hissed to Yesung.

"He's not a bad guy." the said soldier groaned in irritation. "He's my twin brother."

Ryeowook raised an eyebrow and took in the appearances of both two males. They were both tall, had the same shade of blonde hair, Yesung had more slanted eyes and paler skin, while the other had more wide eyes, and some scarring on his cheek, but other than that, they were practically the same.

"He doesn't trust easily, does he?" Yesung's brother looked towards him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm afraid not." Yesung sighed, scratching the back of his head, almost falling over when Ryeowook pressed the gun harder against his forehead.

"Fine, I'm Kyung." the other soldier sighed. "And we won't kill you or take you away or report you because all we're doing is hiding."

Ryeowook glared at him.

"What can we do to say we aren't bad guys?" Kyung whined. "Seriously, I couldn't care less who you are."

"I don't either."

"And Yesung doesn't either." Kyung repeated. "So can we go?"

"Fine." Ryeowook put away his guns and the two twins sighed.

"Great, well, it was nice meeting you, though I don't think we'll be seeing you again." Yesung stated bluntly. "Oh, and you never answered my question. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"I'm collecting herbs." Ryeowook hummed. "And my name is Ryeowook."

"Well that's wonderful, now see you later." Kyung waved, pulling Yesung away into the darkness, before pausing, and asking.

"If you need a place to stay feel free to crash at ours tonight."

Ryeowook raised a suspicious eyebrow, but followed anyways, watching Kyung lead Yesung to a crate, which they moved to the side, revealing a hole.

Yesung dropped in first, looking up in the darkness at the hole, where Kyung and Ryeowook were peering in.

"Ladies first~" Kyung smirked, nudgung Ryeowook towards the open space in the ground.

Ryeowook gave him a cold glare  but looked down with a scared look.

"How deep is this thing?!" Ryeowook asked.

"Not too deep." Yesung called back, a hand poking through the darkness. "Our height."

"Right..." Ryeowook sighed, placing himself next to he edge, legs dangling down, turning back at Kyung as he did. "I still don't trust you."

Then he sunk into darkness, it felt like so long he was falling, but a pair of arms wrapped around his waist, gently lowering him down to the ground. Ryeowook felt his face heat up and he looked away.

"See." Yesung whispered in his ear, ushering him out of the way. "Not deep."

"Yo, is it safe to fall yet?" Kyung called down. "Cuz I hear something coming."

"Yes." Yesung called back, he led Ryeowook down a hallway, the sound of the crate being replaced and Kyung landing on the ground behind them as the lights , making Ryeowook squint with the sudden brightness.

"Home sweet home~" Kyung practically danced into the room, a wolfish grin on his face. Yesung followed him and closed the door, watching Kyung take his jacket and cap off and dump them unceremoniously on the floor.

It wasn't anything special, but the two much of taken a lot of time on it, the room was shaped like a dome, the inside wall smoothed down and painted a clay colour, the floor was just smooth concrete. A couch sat in the middle, with a table carrying a few books and a laptop computer, a kitchen was in the corner, and a door led to other rooms.

"I'm guessing he's younger." Ryeowook asked Yesung.

"Indeed..."

"Yo! Ryeowook! Your room's here!" Kyung called out to him. "

Ryeowook followed the younger twin, walking down the hallway the door concealed and into another candlelit room.

"This is it!" Kyung announced. "It's not much, but we couldn't find much stuff..."

"It's okay, I'll be gone by dawn." Ryeowook said simply.

"Suit yourself." Kyung shrugged, walking away and closing the door. "Goodnight~"

-------------------

A/N:

Soo..... Hi...

Enjoy!~

Oh and don't mind me~