Chapter Fourty-Four: Plan

A Crack in History

Henry didn't remember falling asleep, but he awoke in the bed that Zhou Mi had been in the previous night. The colours of the rising sun spilt across the walls of the room like paint, giving everything a warm tone. He sat up and looked around. The older was pacing around with a hand under his chin, obviously in deep thought.

"Good morning...?" 

"Oh, you're awake, yeah, morning," Zhou Mi spoke quickly. "Um, have you seen my shirts?"

The Water element took in Zhou Mi's state of dress and laughed. He looked at him incredulously.

"Is something funny about this?" He gesture to his bare stomach and chest. "I'm serious, I can't go around like this!"

To be honest, there was nothing about his physique to laugh about. He was slender, not skinny; his torso was an expanse of pale skin that seemed mainly unmarked. A few scratches and bruises, minute scars from IV's and small nicks, white, faded lines that ran thick along his stomach and back, nothing like the wounds the rest of them had. He was toned, but not muscular, and he way he held himself was extremely graceful. In fact, his wont of movement was rather elegant.

"I'm sorry, no, it's not funny," Henry closed his eyes in mirth. "You just look so serious about it..."

Seeing the humour in it, Zhou Mi's expression softened and he began to laugh along. 

"I'm serious though, where are my shirts?"

"They were on the end of the bed," Henry calmed his chuckling. "But since you kicked the covers off last night, they're probably on the floor somewhere. If not there, did you check if they were in the blanket by any chance?"

Zhou Mi shook his head and scrambled to look under the bed. Obviously finding nothing, he popped up before yanking the duvet off Henry and sending it flying. The Water element yelped in protest and held himself, startled by the sudden gust of cold. Under the comforter, a crumple brown shirt and white tee were. He pulled the t-shirt over his head prior to shrugging the over shirt on. 

"Thank you, it's much appreciated. I felt a little uncomfortable sitting around without a shirt," Zhou Mi coughed awkwardly as he rolled up his sleeves. "Anyway, where's everyone else?"

"They're around, there's other rooms, I know Jongwoon and Kyuhyun are across the hall from us," Henry stretched before standing up and joining the older. "Most of them are probably awake by now."

The Fire element looked around, finding his quiver full of arrows and his bow unscathed from the explosion. Henry wondered how they even survived. Zhou Mi shouldered the case of arrows and held his bow as he opened the door and peered into the hallway. Henry managed to wiggle his head out of the door from under his arm, Zhou Mi was tall enough. He looked at him incredulously.

"What? I want to look around too," Henry shrugged nonchalantly. "And besides, at least you're not killing me."

Zhou Mi looked down at him with an amused grin, shaking his head, he opened the door fully. 

"You are one weird kid Henry..." 

"I do try."

They both exited the room. Talking was audible from the other rooms, Henry was confused why none of them had gone seen each other. Zhou Mi cautiously knocked on the door in opposite their one. It opened to Jongwoon looking at them blankly.

"Oh. Good morning sirs," he bowed slightly, opening the door. "Do you require something?"

"Hey! Zhou Mi! How are you after your self-destruction?!" Kyuhyun asked from where he lay on his bed before adding. "Morning Henry." 

"Morning Kyuhyun!" Henry chirped.

"I'm fine," Zhou Mi sighed scratching his neck. "What's happened while I've been unconscious?"

"Aw, don't sound like that, I think it was actually a good thing you made us stop, gave us a reason to think," Kyuhyun admitted with a laugh. "We've thought about our plans more, and noted how serious it is to not set anyone off. Puts the whole team at risk. We've decided that we're going to make our way to the port so we get there at dusk. Before we actually enter the containment unit however, we're going to check the main hiding spots and potential meet up places in the area. We discussed powers last night. We need to talk about groups this morning, to escape the container from."

"Okay... When do we leave?" Henry asked slowly.

"Soon, I think, everyone's just eating and stuff," Kyuhyun shrugged lazily. "Speaking of which, you guys hungry? Thirsty? Whatever? Go into Eunhyuk and Ryeowook's room, I'm pretty sure everyone's in there. So should the food."

"Why don't you come?" Henry blinked confusedly.

"Do you want us to?" Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?"

"Because everyone wants to rip us to shreds?"

"They do not. And besides, you said discussing plans."

"Okay then, I guess we have nothing better to do," Kyuhyun got up and picked up his backpack. "C'mon Jongwoon."

"Yes Master."

Jongwoon opened the door and ushered everyone out before rushing to another door and holding it open for them. Henry kind of felt uneasy with everyone's gaze on them as they entered. He held on to Zhou Mi's sleeve for comfort.

He didn't seem to mind.

"Morning," Kyuhyun waved to the group. "How are we...?"

"Fine," Leeteuk smiled up at them from his cross legged position on one of the beds. "Good morning to you too. Um, how are you Zhou Mi?"

"Oh, yeah, fine, don't worry. A bit of self-explosion will never hurt me, it happens all the time," Zhou Mi sounded tired of repeating his status. "So, what's happening and may I have some food?"

"Sure, here," Eunhyuk chucked him a muesli bar. They seemed like the only bits of food they ever had anymore. "And we're making plans. About tonight... We're-"

Kyuhyun seemed to make himself comfortable sitting himself down next to Donghae, who sat next to Leeteuk. Jongwoon stood, leaning against the wall while he fiddled with one of his sword handles. Zhou Mi didn't really know where to sit; he kept looking around as he interrupted Eunhyuk's reply, Henry trailing behind him like a lost pup.

"Heading to the train thing, yes, we've been informed," Zhou Mi ripped the packet off and bit into the dry snack. "What else?"

"Powers, hiding," Han Geng added casually. "Anyone who has teleportation or hiding type powers. Something sneaky.

"... Can't help you there," Zhou Mi shook his head as he manoeuvred himself through the tangle of bodies, dragging Henry along with him. "I think I'm anything but discreet."

"Okay..." Siwon nodded slowly as Zhou Mi stopped walking. "What about you Henry?"

Henry was too busy looking at the Earth element to realise that he Zhou Mi was sitting down, and pulling him down with him. He lurched forwards suddenly, squeaking as he did, and would've landed in Zhou Mi's lap if the latter hadn't caught him before he could squash him. Well this was awkward. He was half splayed across Zhou Mi's crossed legs and his body was being supported by the elder’s arm, which wrapped around his torso. The Fire element looked quizzically at Henry's fingers, which were still laced into the cloth of his shirt.

"You were holding on to my arm?"

Henry looked at him incredulously.

"You didn't notice?!"

"Does it look like I noticed if I'm asking?" Zhou Mi frowned at him; he looked more amused than mad though.

"Right, sorry," Henry pushed himself up so he was kneeling upright. He flushed before looking back at the Earth element. "Sorry hyung, what were you saying?"

"Any form of power that could help with hiding?" Siwon asked unsurely.

"I don't think so," Henry replied as he untangled his hand from Zhou Mi's elbow. "The extent of hiding for me is that I can turn myself into water. I guess if someone had a water bottle they could carry me in that. They'd just have to make sure they held on to me really tightly.

"Is there any risk with doing that?" Sungmin asked curiously. "Because I can do the same thing but with energy and there's some disadvantages to it."

"I can stay being water for a while; I haven't tested how long exactly. The longest I've ever had to stay in that form was a couple of hours," Henry frowned, brow knitted with thought. "I can't carry a bag or a weapon, and I guess I can't see or anything. So if someone opened the drinkbottle, I'd immediately change back no matter who’s opened it. So if it wasn't you guys... Well, that would be bad."

"What if we lost some of you?" Donghae added.

"What do you mean by 'lost'?"

"Like if some of you spilt somewhere along the way?" Donghae explained his question. "What would happen when you tried to turn back?"

"I dunno, maybe I'd have half a leg or something missing?" Henry shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't really want to find out. But I suppose if that happened, you'd just have to pour me into another source of water. I guess I'd be able to regenerate using it."

"Okay, so we've got you, Heechul, who can teleport three, including himself; Jongwoon who can shadow travel three, including himself," Leeteuk listed off. "Eunhyuk, who'll use the electric circuits to travel along and take Ryeowook with him; and Sungmin who will use invisibility to take three... Does that sound right?"

There were shared noises of agreement throughout the group, Leeteuk started to talk again.

"Okay, who wants to go with whom?" He inquired. "We know Kyuhyun's going with Jongwoon, who else?"

"I will," Henry shrugged. "I'll be in a drink bottle anyway."

"I will too." Zhou Mi agreed quickly. 

The Fire element got a few weird looks from his cognates; he shrugged them off as Heechul took over.

"I'll take Siwon and Donghae then," he announced quietly. "If that's okay with you two."

"Yeah/Yep." were the replies that came from the pair. 

"Cool, I'll take Han Geng and Leeteuk then," Sungmin confirmed with a clap. "Okay, now we've got that sorted, let's go pack..."

---

A/N:

Hello! I'm back, again ^^

Okay, so this is probably a huge turning point. I mean, their heading into NK. For real.

About time huh?

So, Heechul's thoughts yeah? Okay! Let's do this!

I like Heechul, while he doesn't particularly talk to anyone (with the exception of Heebum, but he's a cat), he has an unknown aura to him. You know a couple of things here and there, he's the Phenomena element, he doesn't really like anyone, he has a cat. Sure, good things to know, but why does he not like anyone? Why does he have Heebum? (Okay, someone shut me up now...)

Anyway, let's get on with it.

Quick reminder if you didn’t memorise what was written in the previous chapter (Don’t worry, I haven’t either, just using the copy and paste technique and adding a few alternations, haha): Each sentence has a person’s name next to it. The person whose name is there, is the person that Heechul is ‘talking’ about (He’s talking in a way that it sounds like he’s immediately talking to them, but he actually would never say these word to them). RED means a hostile relationship, BLUE means a positive one, and GREEN means an unsure or unsteady one. Underlined means Cognate (Friend, similar element) and bold & italicised means opposite (completely contrasting, opposite powers, e.g. Water and Fire). Any name that's got both colours in it means the relationship between those two people is kind of teetering between the two statuses. Parentheses (Brackets) with any text in them are what a person thinks about them, but doesn't directly express (e.g. Sungmin -> Kyuhyun: "One step closer, and I'll gut you like a fish, sew you back together, and do it again. (You killed my brother you... You... You demon... Why?!)" <- This bracketed part is what Sungmin doesn't clearly express towards Kyuhyun. If there are a set of parentheses (brackets) that have "..." like this -> (...) or have incoherent words (... You... why... I can... No...) <- like that, then the person has hidden or obscure thoughts about the other person (basically, if I didn't make them dots or random words, I'd be giving huge spoilers)

Heechul:

-> Sungmin: “I want to talk to you. No I don’t. Stop it. Stop it now… I’m still… Unsure (I hate being unsure)… I’ll… I have to… Wait… I guess… (…)”

-> Siwon: “All you do is read all day and night. How can you stand it?!?! Don’t you ever get bored of reading the same thing over and over again??? I think you’re insane! (Oh, but aren’t we all)”

-> Leeteuk: “Listen here, Honey, you’ve gotta start looking after yourself more. I can literally see that Airhead (Han Geng) pining over you like you’re gonna leave any second. It’s horrible. Do something about it please…! (…)”

-> Han Geng: “At first I thought your whole unrequited love thing was pretty funny, but now it’s just plain sad dude… Let’s catch up some time. Maybe I can help. Ugh, help, I never help. Maybe I can ‘give advice’ (…)”

-> Eunhyuk: “Now what the hell is up with you, you eccentric nutcase…? I feel something strange in your mental patterns… Hm. (…)”

-> Donghae: “… Uh… Hi… (…)”

-> Zhou Mi: “I think I’d like you kid, if you’d not explode like that again, I think we could be pretty okay friends… I think (…)”

-> Henry: “… Is it that you’re just afraid of me, or are you scared of everyone??? (…)”

-> Ryeowook: “Oh boy, you’re a feisty one, aren’t you… We’ll get along splendidly. (…)”

-> Jongwoon: “… You keep lookin’ at me weirdly… Why are you doing that…? Err… Stop it. It’s freaking me out. You’re freaking me out, ya weirdo. (…)”

-> Kyuhyun: “… *sighs* Okay.  I have so much to give you (metaphorically). So much that I don’t even want to go near you to say it. Consider yourself lucky kid. (…)”

-> Heebum: "Why do I keep you again??? You're annoying and responsible and always right and such a party pooper."

-> Heebum-> Heechul: "Because I'm the one who has kept you in line."

Yeah... While he doesn’t have the most hostilities, I’d say Heechul is the one whose most… Cautious towards everyone. He had absolutely no positive relationships with anyone (except Heebum, but he is still a cat). On that note, I've included Heebum in Heechul's thoughts list because I think he deserves a spot. He's pretty much Heechul's best friend, so I can't not include him.

I’m pretty sure the person he’s directly talked the most to is either Kyuhyun or Jongwoon, and that was just as insults. So he doesn’t really ‘talk’ to the other’s yet. He does. Eventually. He’s gotta warm up to them sometime soon, right?

See you whenever ^^

Happy reading~