Chapter Five: Chance

A Crack in History

"I didn't mean it, okay?" Eunhyuk stated bluntly, watching from his bed as Ryeowook sat on the rug (which Eunhyuk had to convince Ryeowook that the rug was safe.) placed in the middle of his room. "Hey, stop freaking out, it won't shock you or anything."

"..." Ryeowook didn't reply. "... Why did you say it then?"

"I dunno." Eunhyuk sighed, flopping back down on his bed. "I don't mean to get angry at him, it just all comes out."

"... Right...." Ryeowook nodded slowly. "... I see..."

"... You had a girlfriend?..." Eunhyuk asked slowly. "Back home in Incheon or somethin'?"

"... Me?!..." Ryeowook stammered, pointing at himself. "WHY ARE WE SUDDENLY TALKING ABOUT THIS."

"Such a shame." Eunhyuk said, ignoring his question. "I bet heaps of people liked you."

"WERE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!" Ryeowook raised an eyebrow. "I ASKED YOU WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS."

"Sudden curiosity." Eunhyuk frowned. "Did you know?"

"Know what?" Ryeowook asked curiously. "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about."

"Why not?" Eunhyuk questioned.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING." Ryeowook yelled in frustration. "TELL ME."

"Uh, if anyone like you? Or if you had a girlfriend?" Eunhyuk answered nonchalantly."Have you been listening?"

"Excuse me?!" Ryeowook stuttered. "HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING?"

"Yeah, now answer my question." Eunhyuk stated bluntly. "You don't seem so scared of me now."

"Why do you want know?!" Ryeowook yelled. 

"I just do kiddo." Eunhyuk winked at the younger.

"I came to sort out your problems, not mine." Ryeowook hissed.

"Could you just answer me?" Eunhyuk muttered. "Please? C'mon we're friends now, right?."

"Ugh. Fine." Ryeowook sighed in defeat. "I never had a girlfriend and I didn't know if anyone liked me because I didn't involve myself in stuff like that."

"Why not?" Eunhyuk's eyes narrowed.

"My sole reason to live is to stay alive... My mother, father, and little sister were all killed, I can't let anyone else get close to me... I can't let anyone else dear to me die, so I just don't have anyone at all." Ryeowook glared back at him. "Who can be bothered with stuff like that in the middle of a war? Seriously Eunhyuk hyung, love isn't important for the moment. Half the human population is dead and half of the living population want to kill us, who would you want to like in the middle of all that?" 

"..." Eunhyuk sighed sitting up. "Wow... Meaningful."

"...!" Ryeowook blinked at him with realisation. "You like Donghae!"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON?!" Eunhyuk scrunched up his face with disgust. "THAT'S CRAZY."

"That explains it all!" Ryeowook looked at the elder with happiness. "Like how you don't know how to act around him and you're asking me about my love life, which isn't really anything but oh well you're in love!..."

"I c-can't f-fall in l-love!" Eunhyuk stood up abruptly. "I'll n-never f-fall in l-lo l-lo l-lo l-love!"

"Why not?" Ryeowook smirked knowingly.

"I just can't!" Eunhyuk paced around the room. "It's not possible!"

"Why not?"

"I JUST CAN'T" Eunhyuk yelped out. "NOOOOOO!!!"

"YOU'RE HYPERVENTILATING."

"I DON'T CARE."

"Eunhyuk hyung, it can't be that bad."

"Says the guy who doesn't want to."

"Hey! I have a valid reason!"

"And I don't?"

"You haven't said a reason."

Eunhyuk looked at him, eyes glowing a neon yellow and the whole room buzzing with pulses of electricty running through the walls. He muttered something under his breath.

"I don't know how..." 

A eerie silence filled the room and Ryeowook stood up and patted him on the shoulder. He walked to the door way and smiled.

"Well it's always fine to learn." he laughed. "Now I have to go, you're my wingman, and try get along with Donghae hyung."

Eunhyuk sighed.

"I'll try."

------------------------------------------------------------

... This chapter has changed heaps...

It's also a bit shorter....

Hm... O_o

I have to work on that...

I dunno....

Please comment and subscribe~

Oh and don't mind me~