Chapter Twelve: Savior

A Crack in History

Ryeowook awoke early in the morning, asides from feeling a bit drained, he was fine.  He didn't remember much from after he was taken to his room, he just knew that Leeteuk used some of his powers and he fell asleep. Sitting up and looking around the room, he spotted the backpack he'd used from the trip.

'Yesung's stuff..." he thought, getting out of bed. 'I should take a look...'

He rummaged through the bag to find the paper files and computer still there, along with the herbs and his leftover items. The files, he supposed, were less important than the computer, so he set them aside for later. Crawling over to a nearby power socket, he plugged the charger in, placing the cord into the computer. It was a kind of bulky thing, probably the type they would've used back in the 21st century, a PC or something, the lid was smooth and a metallic grey with a small black logo in the centre. Bloody handprints covered the surface, and Ryeowook somewhat felt resentful to looking at what the twins had left him to see as he flipped the top open. The screensaver was a picture of Yesung and Kyung together, the younger of the two was grinning like a madman while the other was happy, yet looked somewhat annoyed. A small notice covered their faces.

One unread video message

Ryeowook raised an eyebrow, but clicked 'yes' anyways. The small window stretched out to the edges of the screen and a blurred face appeared in a greenish light, night light, Ryeowook recognised it. The sound of shooting and yelling filled the silent room, and the screen wobbled a bit before a face appeared.

"Hi Ryeowook... Like the wallpaper? I know you saw it." Kyung's voice crackled through the speakers. "... Well, first off, it was nice to meet you, and if you're seeing this then... I guess I'm probably dead. Second, I should probably tell you what this stuff is for, Yesung's given it to you, so I hope, nah, it's Yesung, he definitely got it to you.. Woah, hello!"

Ryeowook watched as he ran through a hallway and under a desk, the younger blonde teen on the screen calling out to something (something along the lines of 'Get lost you bastards!'). He briefly looked away, Ryeowook presumed it was to check that he was in a safe place, before continuing.

"Okay, the files are just some things I've recorded down, you know, particular things such as the more important files and things on the computer... Yeah, my writing's messy but it's readable... Well, Yesung did fix it up... So there should be some legible writing there if you can't read mine..." Kyung stuttered out quickly. "And the computer... Well Ryeowook, you are looking at my life-long baby here... Dammit! Hang on a sec..."

The Light element blinked, as Kyung hurried off again. Hopping atop a tall, wooden cabinet, Ryeowook heard his uneven breathing become slower, and his face reappeared on the screen again just as he bagan to ramble on.

"This computer is full of everything I've known and I treasured it like my own body, it's that precious...  Why? It's all the information Yesung and I have managed to get from the North Koreans... And I gotta say, that a bloody hell of a lot... Maybe that's why they came... Hm... Okay! And moving!"

Ryeowook frowned as he took in this information, glancing over at the files scattered on the floor as Kyung jumped down from the cabinet he'd been perched upon, sprinting along and sliding behind a fallen over couch for protection.

"Jong-shik's top informants, what weapons they use and their weaknesses, special ships and vehicles, a few documents and things on the  N.K.S.P, what strengths they have against us, you name it, it's probably there. Use this Ryeowook, abuse it of its information and fill your mind with what it has to tell, get into every file, you can even look at Yesung's and I's selcas if you want, just don't let this get into the wrong hands, if you get locked out, the password is 'GaemTurtle', with a capital 'G' on 'Gaem' and a capital 'T' on 'Turtle'.. Um... Oh, and don't tell Yesung, but I stole one of his candies... Heh heh heh... Oh God!"

The younger twin ran up into another hallway, leaning back against the wall with exhaustion, a mixture between a cry and a chuckle escaped his lips as he looked back at the camera, he held a hand up, smiling, even as the fighting and gunfire continued around him, he laughed.

"Well, I can't avoid this now... Tell Yesung if you see him again, or if he's even alive for that fact, that I really did love him, and he had been the best companion ever, I wouldn't having wanted anyone else having my back..." Kyung looked away before smiling at the camera sadly. "Later Video Diary, Love you... And Ryeowook... Thank you... And I guess this is goodbye..."

Kyung looked up one last time before a loud bang was heard and a bullet went straight through his forehead, blood and possibly bits of brain spurting out as it entered his skull, a yell of his name vaguely heard in the background. More shots were fired and pierced his chest. Ryeowook gasped as this happened covering his mouth to muffle it, tears escaping his eyes. It was all so graphic and made him feel queasy inside. The computer fell, and Kyung's dead body fell next to it, the back of his head showing, thank God, but a pool of blood was forming around his dead form, the screen flickering slightly. Ryeowook heard some more shooting and a few hits and punches or something similar before the computer was picked up, and Yesung's face appeared on the screen.

"Kyung you bloody idiot... And I already knew you ate my candy, bastard..." the older twin mumbled, silent tears falling from his eyes. "Ryeowook... I know Kyung may of already told you this but... Thank you... I don't know what we would've done if you weren't here..."

Ryeowook removed his hands from his mouth and blinked away the tears to continue watching the rest of the video that the two had left him, Kyung being murdered in front of him had been enough to make him want to slap the screen down and just cry, but after all they'd been through to get this message and computer to him, he just couldn't. Out of gratitude, he forced himself to face the screen again just as Yesung began to talk again.

"I know you may think this is crazy but..." Yesung ran down the hallway, towards the panel, he recognised the path from when Yesung had been leading him there. "You are amazing, you are a miracle just popping up at the right time to come and carry this for us... We really appreciate it and God... I seriously can't be thankful enough for just being here... Kyung probably said this as well, but take all the information from this computer and use it wisely, I believe you and Han Geng and whoever else is one your side that you have the power to beat them..."

Yesung had arrived at the panel by the time he'd finished speaking, and he hid in a corner to just finish off what he had to say to him. Wiping his eyes, he continued his words with a shaky voice

"Good luck Ryeowook, good luck to you and all those who join you on the mission ahead of you, yes, I am putting the spotlight on you, but, I know it's your side who's going to win this war... God, you are a hero, an angel, Ryeowook, you are the best thing to have happened in a time like this and I don't think I can ever thank you enough... You are a savior to us... I gotta go see Kyung now... This is goodbye from me..."

The screen was shut and the video came to a stop, window shrinking with a big white arrow and the word 'replay'. He clicked the minimize button, showing two smiling, blonde-haired twins for Ryeowook to face. The Light element wiped his eyes and closed the screen, burying his head in his knees.

"Ryeowook...? Are you awake?" Eunhyuk's head popped through the door. "Woah! Hey, what's up kiddo?"

"..." Ryeowook shook his head, blubbering out random words at a fast pace. "C-Computer... K-Kyung... Y-Yesung... D-dead... H-Han Geng k-knows what I m-mean..."

"Slow down!" Eunhyuk came over to him and rubbed his back, he handed the younger the laptop and charger. "Okay... Here... Take the computer... Must've been some traumatic stuff..."

Ryeowook grasp the bloodied computer in his hold as Eunhyuk lifted him up bridal-style, hushing his sobbing while he walked him to the living room. Han Geng came over, seeming he was the only other person in the house. He was frowning at them, but saw the computer and looked at Ryeowook with a somewhat knowing look.

"He said you might know..." Eunhyuk mumbled, placing the crying male on the couch.

"... Hm..." Han Geng grabbed a spare blanket, placing it over Ryeowook's quivering form. "What did he say?"

"Uh... 'Computer', 'Kyung', 'Yesung' and 'dead' were his exact words." Eunhyuk furrowed his brow.

"Hm."

"Well?" Eunhyuk put his hands on his hips. "Do you know?"

"I am not quite sure." Han Geng admitted, grabbing the computer from Ryeowook's grasp. "But I have a somewhat vague idea of what he may of seen... And it may be a bit... Gory..."

"Gory... Why?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. "And where did you even get this stuff from anyways?"

"Let the video do the talking Eunhyuk..." Han Geng sighed as he lifted the lid up, barely glancing at the wallpaper and going straight to the minimized tag. "Watch."

Han Geng clicked the replay button, and had a feeling that his presumption was correct, and that this video would lead to what Ryeowook had seen. Eunhyuk knelt down to watch the blurry video as well, squinting slightly.

"Who is that?" he asked confusedly, looking at the person on screen.

"Kyung."

"... Kyung..."

"Kyung."

"Who is Kyung."

"Well, you'd have to ask Ryeowook that." Han Geng murmured, eyes still focused on the screen. "He knows him better than I do..."

Eunhyuk turned to the smaller male on the couch expectedly. Ryeowook gazed at him sadly before sitting up and saying.

"Kyung and Yesung were two twin brothers I met when I was in the Seocho district. They took me in for the night and gave me a place to stay, supposedly, they were my friends."

"..." Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"Just keep watching Eunhy- Oh hello there... That may be why Ryeowook's like this, I certainly would not like to see that in the morning no..." Han Geng's eyes widened when Kyung was shot, scrunching his face up in discomfort. "Owch..."

"What? Play it again! I wasn't looking!"

"Eunhyuk, I am not seeing that again."

"Oh don't be a baby, c'mon, lemme see!"

"If you insist."

"It can't be tha- HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! IS THAT HIS BRAIN?!" Eunhyuk screamed hiding behind Han Geng as the video played Kyung being shot and slumping down to the floor. "THAT'S FREAKING SCARY MAN. FREAKING SCARY."

"... Maybe... I'm not sure I want to think of that..." Han Geng sighed as he watched the rest of the video. "Hm... Well, let's take a look at these files hm? Eunhyuk, can you go get me the papers? They should be on the floor in Ryeowook's room..."

"Okay..." Eunhyuk blinked running off.

"That was it, wasn't it?" Han Geng asked Ryeowook from the coffee table he was seated at. "That was quite the scene there, wasn't it?"

"Yeah..." Ryeowook said shakily.

"Certainly the wake-up call."

"Mmhm..." Ryeowook slid down the couch next to the Air element. "What have you found?"

"His selcas."

"Geng!"

"He said we could look."

"... You are weird..."

"Oh come on, they look happy here... Wow, they actually do look very alike."

"They're identical twins."

"Hm."

"I got the file things!" Eunhyuk called out, walking into the room and dumping them on the table. "Here- what are you two looking at???"

"Selcas."

"Geng!?"

"What? He said we could."

"..." Eunhyuk looked at him quizzically. "Y'know, I'm not even gonna ask."

"Okay..." Han Geng took some of the papers into his hand. "Let's see what we have here..." 

---

A/N:

Hello my friends!~

I am very happy with this chapter!~

I don't know why... But I like writing gory scenes...

They seem somewhat easier than fluffy ones.

OTL

I love you all!~