Chapter Nine: Discovery

A Crack in History

"Who are you?"

Ryeowook frowned slightly at the mentioning of this question as he and Han Geng steadily (and quite speedily if Ryeowook must mention) through the maze of buildings and skyscrapers of the Gwanak district. The two had basically walked in silence, no words having been exchanged, the only noise being the quiet 'tap, tap' of Han Geng's crutch as he hobbled along.

They were almost there, Han Geng having kept up with Ryeowook with ease and didn't seem to be having any problems with his injuries or leg. If he squinted, Ryeowook could see the border of the Gwanak district into the Seocho district. That was good progress in a day for someone who had a badly wounded leg, and the faster they got to the Elemental Hideout, the sooner Han Geng could have his leg treated.

"What do you mean?" Ryeowook replied unsurely.

"To Leeteuk." Han Geng elaborated a little. "Like who or what are you to him."

"We're friends..." Ryeowook shrugged looking back at him. "I guess..."

"I see."

Krrrk. Krrrk.

Ryeowook watched Han Geng's face scrunch up in confusion and he smiled sheepishly as he pulled his radio off his belt from the place it sat on his hip. He pressed the red button and sighed.

"What is it?"

[Where are you?]

"On my way back." Ryeowook fell into line with Han Geng. "I think I found him just in time."

[Well it didn't take you that long from when I left you...] Eunhyuk's laugh rang through the air. [So... How'd you do it?]

"The North soldiers were talking about him, I just eavesdropped."

"Who is that?" Han Geng asked, pointing to the radio in Ryeowook's hand.

"Oh, this is Eunhyuk." Ryeowook said nonchalantly, letting go of the red button so the blonde wouldn't hear him. "Lee Hyukjae is his real name. He hates it."

"Hyukjae...?" Han Geng called cautiously through the radio.

[YAH I SAID I HATE THAT NAME!]

"That was Han Geng, not me." Ryeowook protested.

"... Han Geng...?"

"Yeah."

Ryeowook looked at Han Geng as he replied to the voice that had called him.

[Is it really you?]

"Yeah."

There was a very awkward silence after that, before Eunhyuk's voice started to do what Ryeowook would describe as a cry of happiness mixed with a laugh.

[You bloody bastard!] he cackled. [Where the Hell have you been? God, left us for ten years and now you suddenly pop up outta nowhere! I don't even know if I should be happy as anything or crying out and getting angry at you!]

"I'm sorry...Han Geng looked down, somewhat ashamed. "I didn't know what to do after I got lost..."

[It's okay, we did too.]

"Am I missing something?" Ryeowook butted in.

[Han Geng, Leeteuk and I go back really far, like 'when we were kids' young. We'd been travelling together for years until he was separated from us...] Eunhyuk explained. [Han Geng had been fighting off soldiers and blown us out of the room before we could react...]

"What do you mean 'blown'?"

[Geng? Didn't you tell him?]

"I didn't know if I should've." Han Geng admitted.

[Oh... Well, Ryeowook.] Eunhyuk laughed happily. [Meet Han Geng, age nineteen, and the Air element of the fifteenth cycle.]

Ryeowook and Han Geng looked at each other curiously.

[And Han Geng, meet Kim Ryeowook, age sixteen, and the Light element of the fifteenth cycle.] Eunhyuk finished. [... If you aren't already, you should be shaking hands.]

Han Geng held out his free hand that wasn't occupied by the stick.

"Han Geng." he stated, amused. "A pleasure to be working with you."

"Ryeowook." the other smiled, shaking the out stretched hand. "Likewise."

[Well, now that's outta the way, Geng!] Eunhyuk exclaimed through the radio. [Where have you been man? We have a lotta catching up to do! Ten bloody years worth!] 

"Eunhyuk, I think it would be better to see you in person where I can sit down and not be on the constant watch for danger." Han Geng sighed. "We can talk soon."

[You're probably right, just like you always are.]

"Hm. Yes, I think we should go Ryeowook." Han Geng looked at the younger. "We're almost at our location for the night."

[Okay, hand me back to Ryeowook for a bit?]

"Of course, oh, and tell Leeteuk hello for me." Han Geng nodded. "Ryeowook-ah, he wished to speak with you."

Ryeowook took the radio from his hand with a small 'thank you' and replied.

"Yes?"

[You my friend, are amazing.]

"You're welcome."

[I'm serious.]

"He's right, you saved my life." Han Geng interrupted from behind. "If you hadn't come along, I'd probably be dead by now."

[Exactly!]

"Um... You're welcome..." Ryeowook frowned confusingly. "It wasn't that hard...?"

[Yeah, well, I best let you go now, I bet Geng's tired and needs rest, make sure he gets heaps of sleep.]

"...?"

[He always used to stay up late and just sit there, even when he's tired, just make sure he goes to bed and stays like that, as I believe old habits never die and I thoroughly believe that his sleeping tendencies haven't changed.]

"Woah, I'm impressed you remembered that." Han Geng chuckled.

[You still do it, don't you?]

"Old habits never die."

[I knew it] Eunhyuk groaned. [Well Wook, see you... Tomorrow?]

"Tomorrow." Ryeowook confirmed. "Yep, see you, and I'll make sure that happens."

[Okay then~ Well, see you two soon, okay? I have to go now anyways, stay safe.]

"We will, bye Eunhyuk." Ryeowook smiled.

The line when dead as they ventured into the Gwanak district, Ryeowook trying to locate the whereabouts of Yesung and Kyung's place. He soon remembered and led Han Geng into the alleyway.

"Hm? You're back?"

Ryeowook turned around to find Yesung leaning up against the wall of the alley, cap on and eyebrow raised in surprise. Han Geng stood back when he saw that Yesung was wearing a North Korean uniform and raised the stick in defence.

"Don't worry, he's a good guy." Ryeowook calmed the Chinese man. "Yesung, this is Han Geng, Han Geng, this is Yesung."

"Nice to see you again, I suppose."

"Hey Yesung." he sighed, waving a hand in acknowledgement. "Do you think you could do me a favour?"

"A place to stay?" Yesung assumed. "Of course, we don't mind."

"We?" Han Geng asked cautiously.

"My brother." Yesung stated, kicking the crate out of place and called down. "Kyung!"

Soon enough, the other blonde haired twin pooped up out of the hole and took in the sight.

"Ryeowook right?" he smiled. "Isn't this a sight for sore eyes?"

"Ryeowook and his friend, Han Geng are staying for a night, okay?" Yesung announced.

"Eh, sure, whatever." Kyung shrugged jumping back down the hole. "Come along then."

Yesung raised an eyebrow at Han Geng's state but didn't mention anything, and let himself down.

"You need help Ryeowook?"

"Uh, yeah, a bit." came the reply.

"Okay..." Yesung held his arms out and braced himself. "When you're ready."

"Okay, I'm coming down."

Yesung soon felt a small body slip between his arms and instinctly tightened, lowering the younger down to the ground slowly. He released Ryeowook from his grasp and asked.

"Is Han Geng-shii gonna be okay?"

"Uh, I'll be fine..." Han Geng called down. "I'll meet you there."

"Suit yourself." Yesung shrugged, walking away and slipping into the house.

"Is he gone?" Han Geng poked his head down.

"Yeah." Ryeowook replied, slightly shocked when the other floated down safely and landed on the ground. "Wow."

"Mm." Han Geng shrugged as he watched Ryeowook replace the crate. "So, who is this guy."

"A friend, he's kinda weird." Ryeowook said nonchalantly.

"Ah."

"Ryeowook, Han Geng-shii!~" Kyung practically sang. "Your room is this way!~"

Yesung was reading on the couch, it reminded Ryeowook of when he first left. Kyung was dancing around again, swaying down the hallway.

"Okay!" Ryeowook led Han Geng down the hallway and into their room, which still had the nest of blankets that Ryeowook had previously slept in, but the pile seemed bigger, and there were more pilliows.

"We don't have much." Kyung said sheepishly. "So I hope this is enough! If you need any more, I can always give some of mine up!"

"No, it's fine." Ryeowook smiled, bowing. "Thank you Kyung."

"You're welcome!~" and with that, he exited.

Ryeowook set Han Geng down on the nest first, checking all his wounds and injuries, replacing a few plasters and aniseptic-ing a few minor scratches.

"I'm fine, okay?" Han Geng sighed playfully. "You remind of Leeteuk."

"Haha." Ryeowook rolled his eyes. "Here, eat and drink."

Ryeowook handed him a packet of biscuits the Life element had made, and a canteen of water.

"What about you?" Han Geng asked

"You probably need it more." Ryeowook shrugged, whining when a biscuit was shoved in his mouth. "And I'm eating."

"Yes you are." Han Geng grinned, giving him the canteen. "Now drink."

Ryeowook drank a little of the water, finishing his cookie and putting the food items away in his bag.

"Okay." he hummed, lying down. "Go to sleep."

"I will." Han Geng rolled his eyes, pulling a lanket up to his face. "I'm actually really tired..."

"Okay, well, goodnight then." Ryeowook yawned.

Han Geng replied with a small noise, and that was the last of what he heard until he fell into a dreamless slumber.

-----

Okay!~ Moving along!

We're getting there...

Please comment and subscribe~ ^^

Don't mind me~