Chapter Thirteen: Abscond

A Crack in History

After taking a thorough look through the computer's files, and the papers which came with it, Han Geng came to a conclusion, opening a file, he started talking.

"If the soldiers attacked those two, then they must know that there is still life in the city, right?" he stated, looking back at the other four.

Donghae and Leeteuk having come back soon after the trio had finished looking at Yesung's and Kyung's selcas (they hadn't looked up much info before that). The three had shown the other two elements the video and had Ryeowook explain where they'd gotten the stuff and who Yesung and Kyung were.

"Yes?" Ryeowook replied hesitantly. "I mean, they would supposedly assume..."

"Yeah, so if they know that much, what's stopping them from sending a whole battalion of soldiers here to come and eradicate anything in its path?" Han Geng nodded in agreement. "We could be in serious danger at the moment yet not even know it."

"... So basically you're saying we could be spotted and captured?" Eunhyuk asked quizzically.

"Yes, I guess so..." Han Geng hummed thoughtfully. "Maybe, if we aren't careful or stay in the same spot for too long, A.K.A: here."

"... Are you saying we leave...?" Donghae cocked his head to the side with confusion. "And go hide somewhere else?"

"Yeah... I think I am..." Han Geng frowned. "I mean, look at this file, some of those soldiers who attacked Kyung and Yesung survived, and reported back to the main headquarters, they know there's life here, so they will probably send a team here to kill whoever else apart from us is here."

"What about the hideout?" Eunhyuk mumbled. "Should we just leave it?"

"Well, we can't take it, but we can make it look like it's abandoned." Han Geng suggested. "And come back later... When we have all the elements and the war is over."

"Leeteuk...?" Ryeowook looked over at the Life element, who was deep in thought.

"We'll do it."

"Do what?"

"Split up." Leeteuk faced them all, watching their eyes widen. "If we can keep communication with each other, we'll be fine, and it gives us more of a chance with finding the other guardians."

"... But Geng's barely been here a day!" Eunhyuk yelled out. "We have to stay together!"

"Eunhyuk, I know the sudden idea of it may seem surprising, but..." Han Geng looked at the younger sadly. "It's the best option we've got..."

"Geng!" Eunhyuk glared at him. "You're really agreeing to this?! We can't split up! What if we never find each other?! What if someone dies? What if we never find the others?!"

"Don't think like that Eunhyuk." Leeteuk frowned.

"Aren't you making this decision a bit too rashly?!" Eunhyuk protested. "Are you even thinking of the well being of the group?!"

"Eunhyuk, what do you think Leeteuk hyung was pondering over this whole time?" Donghae said firmly, yet softly. "Of course he's thought this through, don't ever doubt him like that."

"Oh don't you get started too!" Eunhyuk whined, running a hand through his hair.

"Sixty percent of the world's population is dead." Ryeowook mumbled towards him.

"Yes, so-"

"Half of that living population wants to kill us, have us held captive."

"You told me th-"

"We have to stop it as soon as possible."

"I know we-"

"Because no one else can."

"Ryeowook none of this proves anything, there's still a chance that one of us co-" Eunhyuk sighed exasperatedly, stressing his point again.

"What if we stayed, Eunhyuk?! What if we all just sat here like ducks and watch the world get killed?!" Ryeowook shouted back. "What if we didn't go? What if we did what you said and defended our ground?!"

Eunhyuk closed his mouth and cowered at the youngest voice, he took a deep breath in, shaking slightly as Ryeowook looked at him knowingly.

"Exactly! YOU already know! So what's stopping you?!" Ryeowook continued glaring at him. "Say it!"

"Say what?!"

"What will happen if we stay?"

"..."

"Go on. Say it." Ryeowook said through gritted teeth. "Say it!"

"We'd be outnumbered..." Eunhyuk whispered, shrinking in his seat. "And we'd be captured and experimented on for the rest of our lives."

"Correct! So why are you saying that we shouldn't go when you know what will happen if we don't?!"

"What if we die?!" Eunhyuk yelled back. "What if one of us dies and we can never complete our mission!?"

"This is our mission!"

"No, it's suicide! We're risking our lives out there!"

"We could die or die trying Eunhyuk! Which one's better!?"

"None! We still both die!"

"That's not the point!"

"..."

"Eunhyuk!"

"I DON'T WANT TO BE SPLIT UP!" 

Ryeowook looked at the Electricity element, with wide eyes and although he still had a harsh glare set upon Ryeowook, the blonde teen had started to cry, small tears falling down his cheeks. His eyes had began to glow and a yellow aura had surrounded his body, sparking with emotion and radiating electrical heat.

"I DON'T WANT TO SPLIT UP BECAUSE WE'RE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER, WE NEED TO BE TOGETHER, BECAUSE IF WE AREN'T, I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOU GUYS, WHAT IF YOU DIE? WHAT'S IF YOU GET INJURED REALLY BADLY? I WANT TO BE THERE TO HELP BUT I CAN'T IF WE'RE APART CAN I?"

"Eunhyuk, calm down-"

"I DON'T WANT TO."

"Eunhyuk, please-"

"LEETEUK, I CAN'T CALM DOWN I-"

Han Geng stood up abruptly, wrapping his arms around Eunhyuk's glowing form, even though he was radiating heat and it hurt him, he just wanted the younger to feel better. The pain was powerful, but Han Geng still kept himself latched to the Electricity element no matter how much it harmed him, the heat making him squeeze his eyes shut. Eunhyuk seemed fast to realise that he was hurting Han Geng, and calmed down, panicking as soon as he calmed.

"Geng I-"

"Eunhyuk." The voice was muffled as Han Geng's face was buried in his blonde hair. "We'll always be together, the whole way through."

"... But-"

"We are part of the Twelve elements, Elemental Guardians, we are already bonded, we can't be truly separated, so believe me when I say that we will always be together, and that we can't ever be split up."

"... Geng..."

"We are one." Han Geng finished in a soothing voice, looking back at the others, he said. "That includes you three as well. We're always together, don't ever not believe that."

"... I can't though..." Eunhyuk gazed up at him sadly. "I need to know you're there, that you're all okay."

"But we will be." Han Geng smiled gently. "Sometimes the road on the journey will be bumpy, but once you are over that obstacle, everything will be fine and okay, and besides, this is only the beginning."

Han Geng held his hand, and reached out to grasp Leeteuk's as well, Leeteuk holding Ryeowook's, Ryeowook holding Donghae's, and Donghae holding Eunhyuk's, not even acknowledging the fact they hated each other.

"We'll get through this together." 

There will be hard times

But I will never lose my smile.

Or your hand in mine.

---

A/N:

... I don't have any idea what the quote thing at the bottom is about, but if you've seen my 'About me' section on my profile, you'd see that the quote comes from there.

I think it was quite cute.

I also think this replaces Eunhyuk dying the first time.

But don't worry,

Eunhyuk will still have his multiple sacrificing habits,

Idiot.

But we love him ^^

Please comment and Subscribe~

I love you all!