Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tension

A Crack in History

Ryeowook's eyes widened in surprise as he was pushed towards one of the corners of the remnants of the building by Han Geng, crowding behind Sungmin and Heechul.

Jongwoon and Kyuhyun, who had pulled a scythe from on top of his bag, were in the open, biding the other's time for them to get prepared to fight. Ryeowook got his guns poised, making sure they were loaded, Han Geng magically summoned several giant ninja stars from nowhere and Heechul grabbed a whip from his backpack, Sungmin pulled out two pairs of numchucks. Han Geng looked towards the two in the middle.

"Get to the other end of the district!" Kyuhyun yelled swinging his scythe around him crazily to deflect bullets and plasma shots. "We'll meet up; I've already got Jongwoon to send the others there! Don't worry about us. We'll distract them to give you a chance to run away. Oh, and don't lose Heechul!"

Han Geng nodded, tapping Ryeowook's shoulder as a silent signal to get ready. Kyuhyun dug the end of his scythe into the ground, creating a crack which skeletal warriors began to climb out. He looked towards Han Geng.

"GO!"

Han Geng swung one of his shuriken into the air, jumping on it as it propelled through the air, Heechul telekinetically lifted a hunk of rock and flew away on it and Sungmin created a pink energy plate, hovering away on that, leaving Ryeowook to dash through the city, blindly shooting where he went. He saw that Kyuhyun had dragged Jongwoon away, both of them hiding in the shadows. He looked in random directions, ducking in alleyways and scaling buildings until he found himself at a dead end.

"... Crap..." He whispered to himself, looking for a ladder or exit that didn't require him to go out in the open. 

The shooting and yelling of soldiers was distinctly louder, now that they knew that the Elements had noticed them. He searched frantically, pacing through the alleyway. He looked up, seeing the soldiers making their way towards him, and panicked, rushing around in circles.

Suddenly, he felt himself unexpectedly being dragged upwards, his feet abruptly leaving the ground. He held on to his guns tightly, squeaking as he was lifted and flung into the air.

"Hey!" Ryeowook looked up at his taker, and saw Kyuhyun grinning down at him. He discovered that the point of Kyuhyun's scythe was carrying him by his backpack strap and Kyuhyun was scaling the wall. "What are you-"

"Jongwoon!" The Death Element yelled, flinging Ryeowook up over the building. "Catch!"

Ryeowook yelled in protest as he felt himself being propelled in the air, the scythe leaving his backpack. He flailed his limbs as he was suspended off the ground. He then felt himself being carried in someone's arms. A head of pitch black hair filled his vision as he looked up, purple eyes blinked down at him with a blank expression. Jongwoon, still running, placed him on the building, encouraging Ryeowook to follow him, Kyuhyun already a few roofs ahead of them.

"Come," Jongwoon stated bluntly pulling his swords out. "The others are already at the meeting place."

Ryeowook glared at him harshly, but seeing the situation they were in, decided not to berate him with the anger that had appeared from nowhere. He nodded, and ran after the Darkness Element, who had managed to jump ahead. 

"C'mon!" Kyuhyun yelled as they approached. "We're almost there!" 

They made their way over more buildings that were between them and the other end of the district, although, Jongwoon decided they had to take a detour if they wanted to lose the soldiers. He tugged on Kyuhyun's jacket, and looked back at Ryeowook.

"We have to get back on the ground!" He yelled, voice reaching Ryeowook's ears through the gunfire around them. "That's the only way to lose them!"

Ryeowook nodded and Jongwoon signalled him to follow him and Kyuhyun. The duo ahead of him jumped off the edge of the building they were currently on, Jongwoon digging his swords into the weak concrete to slide down it, Kyuhyun doing the same with his scythe. Ryeowook performed a commando roll and rose next to them, looking at Kyuhyun for the next signal. The Death element dashed away into the open road, Jongwoon following, and pulling Ryeowook along when he noticed that he was a bit confused. He glared at the Darkness element and yanked his hand away from Jongwoon's grip as they followed Kyuhyun through the streets finding their way to the other end of the district, hiding under the highway foundations.

"Hey! Where did you disappear to?" Han Geng popped out from behind one of the columns holding up the highway. "We thought we'd lost you!"

"He got stuck," Kyuhyun ruffled his hair. "Um, where are the others?"

"Oh, not too far ahead," Eunhyuk walked out from behind Han Geng. "We just had to wait so there would be less suspicion if we were here as a whole group. C'mon let's go, Leeteuk will be waiting."

They were led to further down the highway, where the others were, sitting in a circle. As far as Ryeowook could see, no one had been hurt severely. 

"Yah! Jongwoon!" Kyuhyun scolded the Darkness element, peering at his forehead. "How did you manage that?"

"I apologise, sir," Jongwoon murmured as Kyuhyun examined the massive graze that was leaking blood, trickling down the side of his face. "I didn't notice it before."

"... How can you not notice that there was blood dripping off your face!?" Kyuhyun sighed exasperatedly. "What will I do with you huh?"

"I apologise." Jongwoon repeated looking away, pulling his backpack off and rummaging through it, most probably to find something to treat his head wound with. 

He pulled out a white strip of cotton and wrapped it around his head, securing it with a pin. Kyuhyun smiled and shook his head. Ryeowook looked at the others, checking for injuries and saw that Henry seemed to be holding in some tears. His legs were pulled up to his chest and he seemed to be hiding his face. He approached the sitting boy cautiously.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, kneeling down next to the Water element. 

"How do you guys do all that?" Henry laughed out shallowly. "All that jumping and stuff... Where did you learn it...? I'm okay, I guess, just sprained my ankle, not too badly, but it's not a good thing..."

"How?" Ryeowook looked towards his feet. "Which leg?"

"Left," Henry murmured shimmying further from the Light element, looking away. "It's fine, okay? I just wasn't looking where I was going and I tripped."

"Hm..." Ryeowook blinked down at him before asking to the rest of the group. "Okay... Now that's over, what now?"

"I'd say shelter," Kyuhyun spoke up. "Y'know, seeming its getting dark."

"Why should we listen to you?" Sungmin glared at the Death element. "Even though we have to work together I still don't trust you!"

He launched himself at Kyuhyun unexpectedly, making the Death element stumble and fall and placing the chains of his weapons against his throat.

"Master!" Jongwoon yelled, grabbing the hilt of his left sword to find himself pinned up against a wall by Heechul, the leather of his whip wrapped around his throat.

"Save your breath," he snapped. "Who says we can trust you either?"

Jongwoon stared down at him with smouldering eyes and kicked him in the stomach, making him release his grip on his whip and allowing Jongwoon to get free. Yet Ryeowook immediately stood in, pressing the barrel of a gun to his head and pushing him to the ground, glowing orange eyes glaring down at him. Sungmin was trying to be pulled off Kyuhyun by a desperate Han Geng and a panicking Leeteuk, but the Energy element kept fighting back. 

"Don't move." Ryeowook growled. "No one trusts you."

"I know," Jongwoon sighed, looking over at Kyuhyun before elbowing Ryeowook off him. "But I don't exactly trust everyone either."

Jongwoon bolted but was stopped once again by Sungmin, who still had a foot on Kyuhyun's chest but now had a pair of numchucks wrapped around his throat. Jongwoon's eyes narrowed and he swung a leg under Sungmin, successfully releasing Kyuhyun from under his foot and putting him off balance and breaking free from the chains

"OI! STOP IT!" Kyuhyun yelled standing up. "Look, we don't need this at the moment! Who cares if we can trust each other or not! I know I can't trust anyone here but let's just stop and think! Now Heechul, Sungmin, Ryeowook, let Jongwoon go."

The trio glared at him, but Jongwoon was released from their arms and pushed roughly over to Kyuhyun. The lanky Darkness element huffed, brushing the dust off him and standing beside Kyuhyun.

"Now look, I know we're all feeling a little hostile seeming we've all just met up with eleven other people that you have no idea if you can trust, and that's understandable, we're all a little stressed out," Kyuhyun reasoned looking edgily around the circle. "But when you're put under a stressful situation, all you want is a loved one, a hand to hold... But none of us have that any more... That's why we were brought together... And that's why we have to stick together... We're the elements, we were made to stick together, and I don't care about whom wants to kill who but...

Kyuhyun looked away, starting to walk off, Jongwoon following close after.

"We're a family now, whether you like it or not..."

---

Hello! I'm not dead ^^

I've had some free time to write lately! I'm not quite sure of the quality but I hope it is good enough!

Oh, also, I've been wanting some opinions on something.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/660929 <- Click here to see more

Please do comment (on the blog)!~ I would really like to know what you think about it, and give me some advice~ While it would be great if you commented, you don't have to, but I haven't got many opinions so it would be good to have a few more views from the perspective of my readers, yes?

Thank you~

I hope you enjoyed reading~