Chapter Four: Warmth

A Crack in History

How very... Amusing it seemed.... That's what Ryeowook thought As he saw Eunhyuk and Donghae arguing once again in the lounge, about the remote of all things.

"JUST GIMME THE DAMN REMOTE!"

"NEVER!!!!!"

"WHY THE HELL NOT?!"

"BECAUSE!!!!"

"BECAUSE WHY GODDAMMIT?!"

"TEUKIE SAID HE WANTED TO WATCH THIS!"

"I never said that."

"YES YOU DID!"

"SEE?! GIMME THE REMOTE!!!"

"BUT TEUKIE HYUNG SAID THAT HE WANTED TO WATCH THIS!"

"LEETEUK ISN'T HERE RIGHT NOW!"

"Yes he is."

"YES HE IS!"

"NO HE ISN'T!"

"I kind of am."

"EXACTLY! HE'S IN THE KITCHEN!"

"STUPID FISH!"

"STUPID MONKEY!"

"SHUT UP!"

"NO YOU-"

"Morning." Ryeowook blinked, watching the scene play out in front of his very eyes.

"Morning Ryeowook." the two said in unison before going back to fighting.

'They're weird' Ryeowook said in his head.

"Morning Ryeowook, I'm sorry about those two, they're fighting about what channel they want to watch." Leeteuk sighed as he walked in. "I'm sorry, I should have warned you."

"It's okay." Ryeowook replied walking over to the elder, as to meet him half-way. "..."

"I'm fine." Leeteuk laughed. "You don't have to do that."

Ryeowook nodded, wondering how Leeteuk could figure out his secret message*.

"Donghae used to do it all the time." Leeteuk smiled. "I get used to it."

"Ah, I see." Ryeowook said slowly. "... How do we even have T.V?"

"Uh, that, I have no clue of..." Leeteuk admitted with a shrug. "It just happened."

"... Oh..."

"But anyways," Leeteuk got him a bowl of cereal. "We need to get more food, wait, that's not what I need to tell you, I want you to go out to go and get some items, and meet up with someone, do you think you can handle that?"

"Uh..." Ryeowook studdered. "Okay."

"Sorry, it's just that Donghae told me how he and Eunhyuk had found you, and hadn't heard you until they'd stopped talking." Leeteuk said sheepishly. "Is that okay?"

"Um, sure." Ryeowook shrugged.

"Great! Okay, I'll get you some things!" Leeteuk rushed off and Ryeowook headed towards the arguing two.

"JUST GIMME THE REMOTE!!!"

"NO!!!"

"WHY NOT?!"

"Why are you fighting?" Ryeowook asked. 

"Well, Donghae here won't watch what I want!" Eunhyuk sighed.

"You!? Arg! Me?! You won't watch what Teukie told me to put on!" Donghae exclaimed.

"SHUT THE HELL UP DONGHAE!!!"

"NO! NO ONE SAID I HAD TO!!!"

"ARG!!! YOU IRRITATE ME!"

"YOU ANNOY ME TOO!!!"

"YOU STUBBORN LITTLE BRAT, JUST GIMME THE DAMN REMOTE!!!"

"EUNHYUK!" Leeteuk yelled, running into the room.

Donghae never expected that, a brat??? He hadn't been called that since he had been captured by the North Korean soldiers as a kid. He spluttered, trying to desperately think up some mean words quickly. A retort harsh enough to show he wasn't hurt by what he had said.

But he couldn't.

He started to cry, big fat tears rolling down his face and dropping on to the floor. Donghae ran to his room, slamming the door abruptly behind him. Eunhyuk sneered, rolling his eyes at the younger, most obviously thinking the latter was a wimp. Although, Ryeowook saw his eyes there was worry, and regret. Eunhyuk's eyebrows furrowed and he rolled his eyes again, probably trying to hide the fact that he was actually worried.

"Baby..." Eunhyuk scoffed, turning away.

'Eunhyuk...' Ryeowook thought, frowning at him. 'How is calling him that gonna help?'

"Why don't you just turn the T.V off?" Ryeowook frowned, placing his half-eaten bowl of cereal down. He grabbed the remote and clicking the power button. "See? And then just go practice with your powers instead? It seems more proactive?"

"..." Eunhyuk didn't reply.His glare met Ryeowook's own concerned look, like he was saying a specific message with his eyes.

'We'll talk later.'

"Whatever." Ryeowook muttered, retrieving his cereal.

"Wookie?" Leeteuk asked, a rucksack in his arms. "I got your stuff. The place you're headed is Geumcheon-gu, it's a couple days away, across the Han River. I know it seems a bit overwhelming but someone who apparently had connections is there, I think I know him, an old friend, he said he knew the location of one of the elemental guardians, and he's injured, so he can't come to us... I don't know which one, but an element, nonetheless. I've packed you food, water and a walkie-talkie, the guards can pick up the locations of cellphones, and... Um, a map and Hankyung said he was by the Ingbeolno Gate, somewhere near there... If you want, I can send either Eunhyuk or Donghae but I wanted you to go on your first field mission quite quickly so you get used to it sooner than later. We have to go on a lot of field missions, as we call them, not for anyone, just for ourselves. We need these to prepare for war, or a fight, and we try to assassinate most of the soldiers so it makes us less likely to be discovered, I'm pretty sure they already know about us, and they're trying to track us down, if only we had the Phenomena guardian.... Also, I need you to scout round for some specific things for medicines I make for illnesses and injuries, painkillers, flu medicine, I need things like wilder flower, rosemary, stuff like that... And about the other stuff, oh well...I'll explain later if you want. I'm sorry, you can stay of you want."

"Why the Phenomena?" Ryeowook frowned. 

"Phenomena is the element of unexplainable things, such as telepathy and telekinesis, the Phenomena element also has the power to see the future, and into someone's past..." Leeteuk explained. "That means he could potentially help us see what will happen with the North Koreans plans."

"Leeteuk has the longest explainations in the name of time." Eunhyuk deadpanned.

"That wasn't particularly long." Ryeowook pointed out.

"So..." Leeteuk said, slowly trailing off. "You'll do it?"

"Sure." Ryeowook sighed through a mouthful of cereal. "When do I leave?"

"Preferably tonight." Leeteuk replied. "But when you're ready is good."

"I'll leave tonight then." Ryeowook nodded.

"And you!" Leeteuk shouted at Eunhyuk. "What was that about?!"

"He was annoying me." Eunhyuk snorted. 

"GO TO YOUR ROOM!" Leeteuk screamed.

Eunhyuk held his hands up, and walked off. He turned his head to the side, stopping in his tracks, eyes staring at Ryeowook. Ryeowook nodded in return, an Eunhyuk's eyes closed, and he walked away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ehh.... I'm not good at this....

Eunhyuk is a bit of a jerk... I can say that much... I'm sorry

*le sigh*

He's gets better though... Kinda... Although, he could've of done it in a more civilized way...

(Eunhyuk: Screw civilized-ness!)

* My first *! Okay! Ryeowook is looking at Leeteuk in a 'need any help/are you sure?' way, if you've ever seen one of those.

...

Yeah.

Please comment and subscribe~

Don't mind me <3

And Enjoy reading~