Chapter Ten: Entrustment

A Crack in History

"Ryeowook!"

The Light element was awoken by a sharp shake of his shoulders and a backpack shoved into his hold. He squinted in the darkness to find Yesung looking down at him with a look of concern. The muffled noise of voices and banging of guns reached Ryeowook's ears.

"Yesung... What's the time?"

"Four-thirty seven."

"So what-"

"We have to get you and Han Geng-shii out of here." he stated calmly. "We're under attack."

"What?" Ryeowook mumbled, rubbing the last remnants of sleep from his eyes. "Who how?"

"The North Koreans, and I honestly have no idea, Kyung's distracting them, and I really have to get back to him." Yesung said hurriedly. "I have to take you to a secret passage, it will lead you straight under the Han River to the Yongsan district, okay? It's only about five hours long, just keep going straight, not that there are any curves or anything... Oh, and when you see a ladder, you'll know you're there, above the ladder, there's a iron plate, open it, and you should be in the heart of the Yongsan district. Come now."

"Where's Han Geng?!" Ryeowook hissed when Yesung pulled him to his feet. "I won't leave wihout him!"

"I've escorted him to the entrance, he's waiting for you... We have to be fast, they've infiltrated the whole house."

Yesung lead the younger through the wrecked house, commands from soldiers and gunfire louder now, the furniture was ruined, and there was blood splattered along the ground, he hid in the corners, keeping Ryeowook as close as possible.Ryeowook swore he saw Kyung running around frantically yelling things to something or one, distracting the soldiers as Yesung had said he was. Ryeowook watched as Yesung lifted a stone panel in the ground and ushered Ryeowook down it, calling Han Geng to come catch him. Ryeowook almost screamed when he was forcibly pushed down, but he felt safer when Han Geng flew up to catch him, and quickly explained what had happened.

"Stay here for one more moment." Yesung instructed, covering the hole and rushing off again. "I'll be back in a minute."

Ryeowook didn't dare make a source of light, even though he was confused and scared of the dark more than anything, he didn't, it gave them too much of a chance of getting caught. Han Geng lowered them to the ground and sat him down, rubbing his back.

"You're scared of the dark..." he whispered softly. "Aren't you?"

Ryeowook nodded shakily, and whimpered.

"Don't worry, I am too." Han Geng admitted with a slight chuckle. "As a child, when I was travelling with Leeteuk, we once go separated in the middle of the night. I had a lantern, but soon the light faded, and I was so scared because I thought I had lost him forever, I couldn't see anything and didn't know where to go... I think I've been scared of it ever since then... But supposedly it's natural for you... Cuz you're the Light element and all..."

The panel was abruptly thrown out of place from above them, and in the pale light of the moon, Ryeowook could see Yesung's face was tear-stained. He held a couple of paper files, a computer and a bunch of cords, indicating for at least one of them to come collect it. Ryeowook ran up, frowning at his bloodshot eyes with concern and confusion.

"They killed him!" he whispered looking away before locking eyes with Ryeowook and shouting. "Those bloody bastards killed him!!!" 

Kyung.

That's who he meant, Kyung, Yesung meant he'd seen his brother be murdered in front of his very eyes.

"Yesung..."

"Go!" he demanded, shoving the collection of items into his arms. "Kill them, kill them all, don't let any of them live because they don't deserve it!"

"What about you!?" Han Geng called up to him.

"... Kyung needs me..." Yesung muttered, standing up. "I can't leave him..."

"Yesung you aren-" Ryeowook yelled.

"GO!" and with that he slammed the panel down, the sound of his footsteps fading into the gunshot.

Han Geng and Ryeowook remained silent for a little while, looking at each other with scared and worried faces, the younger put the stuff Yesung gave him in his backpack.

"... Do you know what this means?" Ryeowook whispered.

"They know we're here... Don't they...?" Han Geng answered sullenly. "The soldiers... Right?"

"Yeah..." Ryeowook nodded. "So I'm guessing... I hope that Leeteuk and the others are okay..."

"We should go back, Yesung said that this passage leads us straight under the Han River..." Han Geng stated. "To the Yongsan district."

"Yeah..." Ryeowook lit up the tunnel, squinting as his eyes adjusted to the new brightness. "Can you walk?"

"Even better, I can fly." Han Geng smiled, floating off the ground and above the younger. 

"Well then..." Ryeowook mumbled, running down the straight tunnel, Han Geng flying overhead. "Ready to fly for five hours?"

"Ready to run for five hours?" Han Geng countered back.

"Hey! I can run for ages!"

"Really."

"That's what Hyukjae said."

"Okay, I believe you."

"Save your breath." Ryeowook sighed, speeding up, a trail of orange glow tailing behind him. "I bet we can get there in three hours, that is if you can keep up with me."

Han Geng flipped on to the ground, speeding up using his wind powers to catch up to him.

"Don't worry, I think I can handle that."

Ryeowook looked back towards where they'd come from, and thought of Yesung.

"He's going to die with Kyung... Right?"

Han Geng glanced down. "Yeah, I think so... By what he said..."

"What do you think the computer and stuff was for?" Ryeowook asked curiously.

"I dunno, it could be anything." Han Geng shrugged nonchalantly. "Althought, we can find out faster if we get home sooner."

"Oh, you're so on!" Ryeowook grinned, racing off again.

"Hey! That's unfair!" Han Geng shouted after him, catching up to him.

The Air element chased after the Light one, the two running into the darkness, leaving a trail of light and dust behind them.

"Hey Han Geng..."

"Yeah?"

"Let's enjoy the fun while it last..."

Han Geng looked sadly at the younger, he understood completely.

"... Yeah..."

The war was peaking, the human race was dying, the time for them was approaching, and you can play on a battlefield as much as you want.

But that doesn't mean you aren't going to get hurt.

---

A/N:

\o/

I did it!

And by that, I mean finished this chapter.

OTL

Please comment as subscribe~

I LOVE YOU ALL~