Chapter Twenty-Six: Beginning

A Crack in History

There was a loud cranking type noise as the white light blasted through the area, once cleared revealing a black cylinder shaped object. All Kyuhyun could hear was yelling of protest and objection, confusion and anger. With a hiss, a section of it slid open, and a body fell out. Kyuhyun ran towards him, catching the form in his arms. The others crowded in curiously, but Jongwoon was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey! What the..." Kyuhyun muttered, feeling for a pulse, there was one. "Can you hear me? Are you okay?!"

"So... You finally came..." The body croaked out as he regained his balance. "It's about time... I feel like I've been in there for years..."

"Who are you?" Kyuhyun asked taking in the appearance of this new person. "What's your name?"

He was rather tall, taller than him or Jongwoon, and they were pretty tall. His hair was a bright orange and his eyes were slanted, Chinese, not Korean, he was dressed, thank god, in a white t-shirt, a brown jacket and deep navy jeans. His shoes were tramping boots, made of brown leather.

"Zhou Mi..." He introduced, managing to stand up surprisingly well due to his condition. "Fire element... I was placed in this... Tube, in the year 2430. A professor had found me, looked after me until he was old. In fear of dying at any moment, he invented this tube, and placed me in it, telling me that I would be okay and that I just had to sleep and I wouldn't see him again. I guess he died."

"So... This professor guy... He mechanised this tube to call all the elements here," a male with honey coloured hair and silvery-rainbow eyes questioned. "Of course! What a marvellous idea, very smart! Very smart! Well, I suppose it worked, but now what, we're together now..."

"Yeah," a teen with whitish blonde hair and neon yellow eyes added. "Cool, we're a group now, we're meant to save the world together but, how do we start?"

"I think introductions would be good, seeming we will be working with each other from now on," a rather tall male with green eyes and brown hair suggested. He wore camouflage pants with green patterns on them, a black t-shirt and big tramping boots. "I'll start; I'm Choi Siwon, Earth element."

Siwon gestured to someone next to him, a tallish male with pale grey eyes and ruffled black hair. He wore a grey blazer and white shirt, his jeans were black and his shoes were tramping boots, as well. He was Chinese as well; his eyes and skin tone were different...

"Han Geng," he stated simply. "Air element."

The next person was kind of short with bright cerulean eyes and spiked golden hair. He shuffled side to side awkwardly, fiddling with the metal baseball bat in his hands. He must have been a fan of the sport, seeming that he wore a red baseball jacket as well. He also wore faded blue jeans that were a bit too big, and converse shoes (not the best type of shoes for running in, Kyuhyun noted).

"I'm Henry Lau," he murmured eyeing Zhou Mi cautiously. "Water element."

A person with deeper grey eyes than Han Geng was next, his hair was a chocolate brown and he wore a navy blue t-shirt and jeans, a emerald green hoodie was tied loosely around his waist and sneakers were his choice of shoes.

"I'm Lee Donghae," he shrugged nervously. "Metal element... Hyuk?"

Donghae nudged the guy with white-blonde hair and yellow eyes. He wore a black and neon yellow hoodie that seemed to be flicked with paint of the same colour. His jeans were a deep navy blue and he wore black and white skate shoes. He glared at Donghae, and huffed.

"Eunhyuk," his voice seemed tense, and it sounded like he was trying to restrain something bad coming out of his mouth. "Electricity element..."

The next person had black hair and pink eyes, he wore khaki coloured pants and a white t-shirt, the hoodie he wore was pink and his sneakers were plain white. He seemed to be scowling at Kyuhyun, not that that was new to him, although it was still unsettling.

"Lee Sungmin," he stated blankly. "Energy element."

He looked beside him and a male with reddish brown hair and unnaturally pretty features spoke up, his orchid eyes shining dully. He wore a plum coloured hoodie and a black t-shirt, his jeans were grey and his boots were black. There was a Russian blue cat on his shoulder, and he seemed to cower away from the group slightly with all their gazes on him.

"Kim Heechul..." He whispered, the cat on his shoulder purring. "Phenomena element, this is Heebum, my cat."

Another person stood up, he had seen him before, his eyes glowed a light bulb orange, the light shining through his golden bangs. He wore an orange hoodie and a white shirt. His jeans were grey and his Converse were bright red. Kyuhyun noted the twin pistols on either side of his hips. 

"Kim Ryeowook," he looked up at everyone. "Light element."

The male who had spoken up before was next, his honey coloured hair flopped in front of his forehead and he wore completely white, his jacket, his jeans, his shirt and his sneakers, all white. This was a stark comparison to everyone else.

"I'm Park Jungsoo, but people call me Leeteuk," he hummed happily; he seemed to be the only one even slightly comfortable with the situation at hand. "I'm the Life element."

Kyuhyun watched as all the eyes focused on him, and he looked downwards. He brushed the curly brown locks from his eyes and cleared his throat.

"Cho Kyuhyun," he introduced red eyes looking at every one of the others. "Death."

No one spoke up for a while, not really knowing what to do. The silence was tense, and awkward with all the tension between some of the elements. They all stayed still and frozen until someone spoke up.

"... Wait... That's still only eleven people," Sungmin (the one with the pink eyes???) inquired, looking around. "We're missing so-"

"Jongwoon," Kyuhyun looked behind him and perched upon the rugged edge of the crumbled wall of the building. His feet dangled slightly off the ground from his cross-legged posture, his swords hung from his sides from their place on his belt. His back was slightly curled over as he rested an elbow on his thigh; his eyes were focused on the group quizzically. 

"Kim Jongwoon, Darkness element, although I see no point in telling you, you probably already figure it out." Jongwoon's violet eyes looked slightly towards Ryeowook, although Kyuhyun believed that no one but him noticed.

"Nice of you to..." Ryeowook's eyes narrowed, voice dripping with sarcastic. "Join us..."

"Oh, gladly." Jongwoon jumped off his perch and stood in front of Kyuhyun (Jongwoon never got sarcasm, he was working on it). 

"What happened to hiding unless you couldn't avoid it at any cost?" Kyuhyun asked his bodyguard (of sorts). "You could've avoided this. But here you are, you don't just appear for no reason. What's up?"

Jongwoon blinked vaguely at Kyuhyun his eyes glowing vividly. Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow before the Darkness element's lips quirked up at the sides ever so slightly.

In a flash of movement, and black, purple and white, Jongwoon had spun around, he skilfully pulled his two swords out, one of he threw in the direction of the top of a building, where it pierced deep into the chest of a soldier. The other was defending his body, with exquisite flicks of his wrist, Jongwoon deflected the several bullets which had been directed towards him, and back to the shooters, successfully killing them all. A pool of black emerged from the ground beside him, and his sword rose from it, hilt first, he grabbed it and poised it beside his other.

"We have company."

---

DOUBLE UPDATE: 28/8/13, If you have no idea what's going on, or are at a complete loss at why there's a cylindrical thing suddenly opening, I recommend you go back a chapter ^^ Thank you~