Chapter Eighteen: Enlightenment- Leeteuk

A Crack in History

Leeteuk looked over in the Electricity element's direction with a concerned gaze. He'd been acting strange since the night prior the one yesterday, and it was really troubling to see him like.. This. It was unnatural for him to not be the confident, talkative, somewhat up-himself Eunhyuk; it was actually unsettling just sitting here with him in silence really... It was too quiet.

Eunhyuk was one of those people who never really wanted to shut up, as long as there was someone listening, if there wasn't, he just wouldn't talk. Yet when he wasn't talking (which wasn't often, as Eunhyuk often talked in his sleep as well), he was probably running too fast to. Though he didn't really talk if the atmosphere was not suited to it. But he like being noticed, he liked having someone talk to him, it made him forget his painful past a little easier, although he loved attention (Not to the 'Love me I'm fabulous' point, but to the point where he was usually always included in group activity and conversation), he was quite an independent person, which was interesting, for Leeteuk anyways, how can you be independent yet want attention at the same time? Something like that was just puzzling. Leeteuk shook his head and continued packing his backpack, double checking for their items they had.

They had found their third stone the night before and were packing up another temporary camp they had made to head off to find their fourth, yet the atmosphere between them was eerie, and made the hairs on the back of Leeteuk's neck stand up.

"What's up?"

Leeteuk whipped his head around with a frown, the packed bag in his hands being positioned on his back.

"What do you mean what's up?" he asked uncertainly.

"With you." Eunhyuk stated in a matter-of-fact voice. "You've been acting weird all morning... And last night."

"Me? You think it's me acting weird?" Leeteuk's eyes widened. "What about you? You've been acting weird since the night before yesterday night!"

"... I haven't been acting weird!"

"Um, yeah you have."

"No I haven't."

I'm pretty sure I know when you aren't acting normal."

"Shut up! I've been fine!"

"No you haven't. Remember Hyukjae, I know when you're lying!"

"Okay!" Eunhyuk groaned out in frustration. "So I have been thinking a teeny, tiny, ittle, little bit!"

"I KNEW IT."

"Shut up Teuk."

"Sorry, just happy that I won..."

"It was never a competition." Eunhyuk grumbled folding his arms. "Okay, so when you were telling me to wait and blah blah blah, you said that you knew how I felt... How would you know if you've never been in love?"

"... Oh I don't know Hyukjae, what do you think?" Leeteuk rolled his eyes, using his powers to grow the grass over the charred ground where their fire had been. "Isn't it obvious?"

"Yeah, I kinda got that bit." Eunhyuk shrugged. "But then I was asking with whom? You haven't been around anyone but me and Donghae... And Geng, but not as of late... That was like years ago, so who would it be? If it's me, then I'm sorry I don't like you in that way!"

"Ew." Leeteuk scrunched his face up. "I don't like you... Well, not in that sense anyways..."

"Thank God... But then... Who do you like?"

"Y'know you can like someone who isn't constantly in your presence." Leeteuk deadpanned. "You dummy."

"... But you don't know anyone else but-Wait..." Eunhyuk trailed off, slowly turning towards Leeteuk, the older jumping at the abrupt stop of his voice. "How can you like someone you haven't even met before?!"

"What?!" Leeteuk exclaimed, panic in his voice as Eunhyuk approached him.

"The other guardians, you like one of the other guardians, but how can you like one of them if you haven't even met?"

"Are you stupid!?" Leeteuk yelled, whacking his head. "Seriously, how hard is it to figure out who it is?!"

"... Um, well, I wouldn't say I'm smart..." Eunhyuk muttered, rubbing his scalp. "And it is kinda hard, seeming we haven't even met the others... Or have you been meeting them through your dreams or something?"

Leeteuk was shocked speechless, but the Electricity Element's obliviousness was something fun to tamper and tick with, so he decided to leave it like that. He looked at the younger blonde haired teen incredulously before turning away and walking off, leaving Eunhyuk to yell and whine to wait up and about who he actually did like... Maybe when he finally did figure it out they might even be together by then...

'Let's not get carried away here now...' Leeteuk thought as he walked off, shaking his head.

---

It was midafternoon when they arrived in the Gangseo district, Leeteuk strict on finding their fourth yoso-dol and hoping that the Electricity element would forget about their earlier conversation. But to no avail, Eunhyuk was still hounding him about who was his target of interest, persistent to get an answer out of the older. Not that it was working, but hey, better having a shot than not trying at all, right?

It was an interesting thing; having a romantic interest was not something Leeteuk could say he was expecting... He actually didn't really expect anyone to fall in love in the conditions they were in, but look at Eunhyuk, hey, maybe even look at him, he wasn’t even sure himself. How one would even manage to achieve feeling feelings of romance towards one in a time of war? Leeteuk had no idea, especially with all the rivalries among the elements, himself and the Death element, he were almost certain weren't going to get along. Eunhyuk and Donghae, ugh, they gave him a headache, though he didn't know about Light and Darkness, he knew they didn't have a good relationship, but he didn't know to what extent that hate went to. But with all the rivalries... How on earth could you manage to fall in love?

The fact that all the Elements had at least one person they disliked, it also made Leeteuk wonder how on earth were they meant to work as a team and save the world?

"Can you tell me now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"Hyukjae, no."

"Why not?" Eunhyuk whined throwing his arms up in frustration. "C'mon Teuk, you know I don't judge! Just out with it already? Hey, did you meet a girl or something?"

"No!" Leeteuk protested, looking back at the younger with a glare. "I mean, of course not, and I can't tell you, of course I know you don't judge... It's just... I don't know, this topic is very... Personal for me..."

"The perfect reason to share it with me!" Eunhyuk chirped happily, nudging his shoulder. "So come on, out with it."

"More like the perfect reason not to." Leeteuk rolled his eyes, folding his arms.

"Oh come one Jungsoo!" Eunhyuk sighed, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "You can tell me! I know nothing about feelings so I won't or more likely can't judge you! What's there to be scared of?"

"Your big blabber-mouth." Leeteuk deadpanned looking at a map. "You're so brash and never think. If I did tell you, I would be scared you'd randomly blurt the truth out..."

"That is..." Eunhyuk trailed off, trying to think of a valid argument. "Okay, I admit, that's true... But I wouldn't tell a soul! I swear!"

"... I'm still not willing to take that risk..." Leeteuk shook his head. "Eunhyuk please just stop... I don't really like talking about this..."

"You don't like talking about it..." Eunhyuk stated cunningly. "Or you're just not used to it?"

"I don't know, both?" Leeteuk shouted at him frustrated. "Just leave it alone!"

Eunhyuk looked hurt, and Leeteuk suddenly began to regret yelling at him, Eunhyuk had the most convincing puppy dog face ever. He walked up to him and hugged the blonde, and the younger began to grin.

“So can you tell me now?”

“Of course not.” Leeteuk groaned, letting go of the Electricity element and walking ahead. “It’s just a very-“

“Personal topic for you, blah blah blah, I get it!” Eunhyuk finished for him. “But why can’t you tell me? We’ve been best friends since we were little! Like, ‘kids’ little! Seriously, I never told anyone about how you and Han Geng as a-wait a minute! Wait a minute! It’s Geng! It’s Geng! It’s Han Geng! You like Han Geng!!!”

“I do not!” Leeteuk protested, shaking his head. “How could you even think that!? We’re just friends!”

“Friends? Please Jungsoo; you’re more like people in an unconscious relationship.”

“We are not.” Leeteuk huffed. “We’re just very close childhood friends.”

“… Sure Jungsoo…” Hyukjae gave him a judging glare. “Of course you don’t!”

The older squirmed under his gaze, damn Hyukjae for knowing how he could never lie… He kept walking ahead, ignoring the harsh gaze of the Electricity Element’s eyes.

“OKAY! SO MAYBE I DO LIKE HIM A LITTLE BIT!”

“I KNEW IT!” Eunhyuk yelled out triumphantly. “I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!”

“Psht, you did not.” Leeteuk glared at him evilly. “I will get my revenge!”

“Yeah, sure Teuk,” Eunhyuk poked out his tongue as he bounded ahead. “And thanks for the enlightenment!”

“… I hate you…”

---

A/N:

:3

I love you guys.