Cold Response

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guise! Time for a double update! 208 subbies! KYAAA! LUV YOU ALL! <3

 

“Otteoke?” you mumbled while the rest of the boys remained glued to the TV screen, “Do you think anyone will notice it’s me?”

            “Isn’t it obvious?” Heechul blurted only to receive an immediate punch into his stomach by Eunhyuk who turned to give you a reassuring look.

            “No way will people even know it’s you,” he stated, “I mean, your face is covered with your hood anyway.”

            “Yeah, but barely,” you replied inaudibly, “But one thing is for sure.”

            “What’s that?” Sungmin asked.

            “The kids at college will definitely know it’s me.”

            The entire atmosphere immediately sunk. You did have a point. The general public would probably not recognize you since you were not well known to them but when it comes to everyone at college, it definitely does not take a genius to figure this one out. You were going to have it rough tomorrow. There was no doubt about it.

            “Mei Ri – ah,” Donghae stated softly holding onto your cold hands, “Don’t worry the college kids. Trust me, when it comes to the media, everything will fly over in a matter if days. Pretty soon, this will become nothing but yesterday’s news.’

            “That is true,” Leeteuk assured, “Don’t go worrying your pretty little head alright? Remember, you always have us so no one would ever dare to mess with you.”

            “If you’re in trouble, remember to look for me, okay?” Donghae requested.

            You managed to smile a bit just until another troublesome thought entered your head: Bao Yu seemed to be quite upset when she broke the news to you a few hours ago. She and SJ-M won’t be disappointed that you hid this news from them right? Maybe . . . just maybe.

 

            No matter where you turned, everyone discreetly glanced at you. They tried so hard to be secretive, but it was no use. You knew you were the center of attention the moment you entered campus. The released photo showed no proof that the two of you were dating but reporters are known to cook up some sort of scandalous story to bring down public figures. What were you going to do? Mr. Lee initially wanted to keep the engagement a secret and you certainly did not want to be the cause of bad press towards the company and the Lee family.

            You sighed deeply and prepared to enter your first class. You picked a seat towards the front so you didn’t have to face all those creepy stares. The professor entered a few minutes after 8:30 and began to set up his computer for the lecture. Meanwhile, you opened your notebook and noticed you received a text.

           

Are you ok? Saw the news . . .

Henry

 

A small smile crept up onto your lips. It was the first time you smiled that day.

 

Fine. It would help if people stop staring at me as if I have two horns growing from my head!

Mei Ri <3

 

It didn’t take a while before your phone vibrated again.

 

Hehehehe Just ignore them. It will all go away.

Henry

 

            Before you could reply back to him, a sudden silence caught your attention. You looked up to see that the professor had pulled down the white display screen to reveal multiple scribbles of your name which were accompanied by obscenities. Writings such as “Me Ri, you disgusting ” or “You don’t deserve him, you ugly ” forever remained engraved in your head. You froze. The number of eyes staring at you made you feel even more embarrassed. You instantly scrambled to pack all your belongings and raced out the door completely filled with shame and humiliation.

            You bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter