Contract

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello Everyone! Have fun reading! 

 

 

 

Your eyes grew wide as soon as the words escaped from Mr. Lee's mouth. It was as if at that moment, time had stopped and all you could hear was your rapid heartbeat pounding against your chest.

He must be insane! This is a joke right? Please say its a joke! The reason why everyone came here was for your father's promotion right? It had to be! You can't get married!

You were more concerned about taking care of your parents who were working miserably just to put you through college! You were way too young to be engaged and more importantly, you didn't even have the tiniest bit of care or love for your future fiancé. You shifted your gaze to Donghae who had the same exact shocked expression as you did but he seemed to be a lot more frustrated than upset.

"Appa! What are you talking about?" he gritted through his teeth.

Mr. Lee turned towards the Board members and answered, "It's alright son. There is no need to hide it from them now. Go ahead and tell them how everything they heard were rumors and how Mei Ri is our future daughter in law!"

You cringed as soon as you heard 'daughter in law.' Meanwhile, Mei Lin stood gawkng at the scene that was taking place. Like you, she was stunned. Everything that was happening now was way more than what you could handle! Donghae was stunned. His father had threatened him before but had never taken drastic measures to implement them. This sudden situation completely caught him by surprise. He knew what he had to do though. If he didn't, he was certain the Board members would withdraw their stocks and leave the company stranded. There was no choice. He simply had to comply for the company and for his father who risked so much for the growth and success of the industry. His father meant the world to him after his mother died and he can’t bear to lose him. Donghae sighed deeply and nodded in response to his father's request. You gazed at Donghae completely shocked.

Is he serious? How can he just blatantly agree like that? Pabo Donghae!

You had a strong urge to scream at the top of your lungs and run away from the group but you couldn't do that and embarrass your entire family in front of the CEO. After all, he was the reason why your family is living well since he was kind enough to offer your father a position at his company.

"We wanted the engagement to be kept on a low profile for now and so far, those who are present here are the only ones who know about it," Donghae's father stated and then handed a small box case towards his son. Mrs. Lee gazed at her husband with a confused and shocked face.

Out of all the girls in the world, he had to pick her? A commoner?

"Yeobo, are you sure-"

"that Mei Ri can move in with us?" Mr. Lee finished for her, "Of course I am sure."

This immediately caught your attention.

Live with them? Absolutely not!

You looked at your mother pleadingly begging for some way to get out of this situation but nothing came. Your mother was way too preoccupied and overly excited with the fact that her daughter was going to get married. Donghae opened the small case to reveal a gorgeous sapphire blue heart shaped diamond ring that glittered among the lights. He sighed. It was the promise ring his father had given to his mother when he had to leave for the army for two years before he could marry her. He then gazed at you.

Don't you dare Lee Donghae! Don't even think about it.

Donghae took one more look at his father and began to approach you. Your heart began to beat violently out of control and almost instantly, all the color drained from your face. His walk.  His glance. His grace. Even the mere thought of him was enough to make your legs quiver. You were not exactly sure why, but it did scare you that someone was able to have this much effect over you. It was mind boggling.

He stood a couple of inches away from you and slowly grasped your left hand. 
He then casually slipped the ring on your finger with no expression what so ever. As soon as he did so, you were paralyzed and for a second, you saw the world spin before your eyes.

How could he just do that? Has he gone insane? And how could your parents hide this from you?

You were shocked, confused, angry and utterly upset. These high emotions slowly caused tears to build up in your eyes. No don't you dare, Mei Ri! Don't you dare cry! Not here! Not in front of everyone! You fought to maintain composure but your mother automatically knew that something was wrong.

"Mr. Lee, I think it is best that we call it day, don’t you?" your mother stated, "It seems that our children are tired, so we should all get some sleep."

"Yes, I agree," Mr. Lee stated and made it clear to the Board members that he did not want the news of the engagement to spread since he wanted to protect your privacy and he stated that he will only announce it once you were ready.

The only problem was that you knew for a fact that you would never be ready! How can you marry a guy who had tortured you through high school? Every single day when you came home, you ended up feeling miserable about yourself to the point where you hated who you were. All you ever wanted when you finally saw him was a decent apology and he wouldn't even give you that! So how on Earth would it be possible for you to live in the same house with a rude jerk and more importantly, how could you even marry him? Your parents began to leave the gazebo and as you tried to follow them, something caught your wrist.

You looked up to see Donghae towering over you. "Yah, be careful with this," he whispered in your ear while circling the ring around your finger, "It's worth is something you can't comprehend!"

You glared at him in the most intimidating way you could ever think of but he however found your act to be slightly amusing.

"Wae?" he asked with a smirk on his face, " Your upset? Don't worry. The feeling is mutual."

You slipped your fingers out of his grasp and followed your parents when he tugged the corner of your dress and pulled you back, causing you to stumble.

"Wae?" you asked annoyed.

"Good night fiancé," he said mockingly, trying to push you over your patience limit.

You knew he was doing this on purpose so in return, you simply scoffed and left the courtyard completely ignoring what he said.

The car ride home was unbelievably quiet. No one spoke a word, including your sister who precocious enough to sense the tension in the air. Tears soon fell from your eyes and streamed down your cheeks. The heavy feeling in your chest was almost unbearable.

"Mei Ri ah" your mother called softly.

"HOW COULD YOU TWO DO THIS TO ME?" you asked while fighting to hold back your tears. You felt as if you have been cheated by your own parents!

"Unnie Uljima," Mei Lin said while trying to wipe your tears. But the tears never stopped. They began to flow uncontrollably.

"How could I be engaged at this age? And of all people why did you even agree to have me marrying Lee Donghae? HE IS A PABO! PABO! PABO! PABO!"

"Honey, it was Mr. Lee who asked us in the first place," your mother answered calmly.

"Eh?" you asked confused, "Why did he to that?"

"He told me of how he had first saw you and he said he found your personality to be quite appealing," your father explained, "He said that you would be the perfect choice for his daughter in law."

 

 

"How can you just blindly agree after seeing her on the street for one morning?" Donghae asked, "THAT IS THE DUMBEST WAY FOR FINDING A DAUGHTER IN LAW!"

"Donghae ah, I chose her because she is unlike any other young girls I have seen. She is born to regular family and knows the value of money and works hard to help her parents and she also works to come up in life. All the heiresses I have seen here are spoiled, pay no attention to their parents and spend money without knowing the work it takes to make it."

"Yeobo, not all of them are like that," Mrs. Lee stated nervously, "Did you honestly have to pick her?"

"Jagiya, I just have a good feeling about her. Sometimes you don't need a reason why, you would just know."

Donghae scoffed. He knew for certain that once his father made a decision there is no way to pull him out of it. It was nearly impossible! But nevertheless, he was going to find a way to break free from this situation. There was no way he was going to marry her! No way in hell!

He spent the whole night in his room trying to think of a way but no idea came. Finally, he frantically shook his head and screamed in frustration while tossing the dart in his hand towards the dartboard.

Just when he was about to give up, he heard his step mother whisper from behind his door, "Donghae-ah, are you alright?"

Donghae rolled his eyes. What the hell does she want? "Go away!" he yelled and walked from his desk towards his bed.

"I know you are plannin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter