Small Slips

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hello cuties! So the results for the poll came out to be so close! Camping was first with 12 votes, and Amusement Park and the Beach were second with 11 votes. So I decided that I would use all three in appropriate situations to satisfy the readers since there was no landslide victory. HAHAHA Dont worry, I will work hard on those upcoming chapters! Till then, please enjoy Chapter 8. And thank you to everyone who participated in the poll! I really appreciate it! 

 

 

 

Today was the day. You were finally moving into the Lee residence to start your life as the heir's future wife. You were not pleased at all. Mei Lin on the other hand, began admiring every inch of the courtyard. She was completely stunned by the wealth and luxurious quality of the manor.

"Unnie, you are so lucky that you are going to marry oppa," she said dreamily while clenching her hands together, "If only I got oppa's number earlier!"

"Yah! He is not oppa to you! Call him ahjussi!" Donghae was actually five years older than you making him a lot older than Mei Lin! The reason he was a senior and you were a freshman in High School was because you had skipped a grade when you were young. Although, all of SJ and SJ-M were older than you and were considered your oppas, they never seem to act like one. They were all extremely childish and playful but you weren’t complaining though. Their personalities actually made all of them seem so down-to-earth despite their wealthy background and hence, quite likable.

"Aniyo unnie!" she fought back, "Oppa is a prince! Didn't you see how handsome he was? Wah, so manly!"

"Yah Mei Lin ah!" you scolded, "Hajima!"

You then proceeded to walk down the marble driveway along with your parents. Honestly, you couldn't care less about the estate at all. You were too preoccupied on determining how you were going to spend the rest of your life with an arrogant jerk who had absolutely no interest in you whatsoever. You decided that you were going to go through with the engagement as planned but only because of your parents. Since Mr. Lee is supporting them financially, you agreed. Your family's happiness meant everything for you since they had sacrificed so much so that you could go to college. Your father no longer had to come home with back aches and your mother no longer had to be sleep deprived. As long as they were happy, so were you. You also made a promise to yourself that you were absolutely going to keep this engagement a secret from Bao Yu. She was your best friend but you couldn't risk it since she was dating Kyuhyun from SJ-M who was Donghae's rivals. It would only add more complications into your life and you did not want that. So you decided that you would tell her when you were ready to. 

It was around 3:00 P.M on Sunday when your family entered the Lee Manor with your belongings. Mr. and Mrs. Lee greeted you along with your parents in the front of the house. Actually, Mr. Lee seemed to be the one who was welcoming you all while Mrs. Lee stood there with a smug look on her face. She clearly was not happy with your presence but she tried her hardest to hide this from her husband. You weren’t really in the mood to socialize with them after everything you have been through the past few days and your constant stomachache was not helping the situation at all.

As soon as you entered the foyer, you stood with your mouth wide open and gazed upon the exquisite and luxurious ground floor. The entrance created a lavish aura with its grand maple staircase, ivory water fountain embellished with roses and water lilies as well as a gorgeous crystal chandelier that hung on the crème colored ceiling. Suddenly, you felt a presence beside you as one of the workers, the doorman, bent down by your side. Being the courteous girl you are, you immediately bowed and greeted him while Mrs. Lee snickered.

 Aish! Such a stupid girl! As expected from low class trash!

"Aniyo, Miss Mei Ri," the polite man stated with a smile, "You don't have to bow to anyone here. We are here to serve you and make your stay here quite comfortable."

"Ah," you answered softly, "You don't have to call me ‘Miss’ though."

The man looked a bit perplexed as he grabbed your suitcases and glanced at the Lees and answered, "On the contrary, I think I should Miss. I hope that you will find out services quite suited to your taste." He bowed and took your cases to your room.

"We did prepare a room for them, if that is okay with you two," Mr. Lee stated. Your eyes widened and your fingers began to quiver in shock!

WHAT? A ROOM? No way! You were not going to share a room with your nemesis! They must be mentally insane! Besides, he is a guy! How could they leave you alone with a guy with raging hormones? Who knows what he might do?! You shook your head vigorously and tried to speak out when you were blocked by your mother's voice.

"You know I think it is better if the kids first become well acquainted with each other, " she said softly, "It would take some time before they decide to stay in one room. This engagement is surprising enough for them so we shouldn't force them to progress their relationship."

Phew! That was close! That may have been the most sensible thing she had said this whole week!

As the elders continued to chat and move into the living room, you saw Donghae walking down the staircase in his usual suave and debonair manner. You couldn’t help but be entranced by his presence. He wore his casual jeans and a simple black v-neck shirt which showcased his prominent collar bones. Can a human being be this perfect? NO! You had to stop! You had to get these ridiculous thoughts out of your head! No matter how good looking he is, he is the enemy! No matter what happens, you cannot fraternize with the enemy!

Donghae eyed you as he stepped off the staircase and walked towards you causing your heart to rapidly beat against your chest. He titled his head slowly as if he was curiously examining you and with the usual smirk on his face he said, “How did you get here? I thought they close the zoo at 6.”

You scoffed.

Pabo Donghae! Always teasing me for no apparent reason!

You weren’t going to argue with him now when your parents were still here.  So, you prepared to walk away coolly when you slipped on the woolen carpet leading to guest room and landed on your bum!

Aish! How embarrassing!

You could hear Donghae’s footsteps behind you and thinking he was going to help you up, you turned to offer your hand. However, he casually brushed past you into the room while muttering, “Pabo!”

Your mouth dropped wide open!

This guy is unbelievable!

Aggravated, you picked yourself up, dusted off your skirt and proceeded to walk into the room with your head held high. You were stunned. This was a living room? It looks like a welcome hall in a five star hotel! You walked into the room still astonished by the lavish designs and furniture within the room when you heard Mr. Lee speak.

“Mei Ri ah, why don’t you go with Donghae for a tour around the house?”

You glanced at Donghae who sighed deeply. He clearly was in no mood to do so and you were completely aware of it. You also noticed Mr. Lee eyeing Donghae keenly until his son finally muttered, “Fine.”

You followed Donghae out of the room and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter