Would you rather . . .

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
y hello! Updating on my birthday! yayyyy!!! this is what i have been doing the whole day hahahaha. i am feeling really good so I planning to update again withiin this weekend so keep an eye out for another chapter! :))

 

Donghae sat lethargically upon the lecture hall seats as his Finance professor rambled on about the rise of corporate business during his early days. Donghae noticed Eunhyuk dozing off in front of him so he purposely threw a crumpled up paper ball snapping him awake in the process. He snickered behind him, clearly amused at his reaction.

Donghae strenuously tried to focus on the lecture as he normally does in class but his thoughts rolled back towards you and the last words he said before leaving the house.

“It would hurt because eventually you will have to face the harsh reality that I can never be yours.”

While covering his face with his hands he thought:

Was I too harsh on her? I didn’t hurt her feelings again did I?

Although he knew he could never fix the mistakes he made in the past, Donghae genuinely wanted to redeem himself and earn your trust. He didn’t know why he was so concerned on proving himself to you. He just knew that he had to. It seemed like the right thing to do. This seems easier said than done though.

But why is it so hard for him? Just to throw away his pride for one second and just apologize to you directly? Is it really difficult? Or is he feeling regretful from the past and was honestly scared of hurting you again?

No way Donghae! You can’t do that! Don’t let your guard down! Aish! How come she is the only one who can make me feel as if I am the bad guy? So annoying!

Donghae shook his head vigorously; trying to get you out of his mind when something hard flew and hit his forehead. Almost instantly after impact, he rubbed his slightly crimson skin and noticed a white substance on his fingers.

“YAH LEE DONGHAE,” his professor yelled from the front of the class while the other students snickered, “Pay attention or you may leave the class!”

Donghae scoffed. Did his professor really throw chalk at him? Doesn’t he know who he is? Who his father is? But Donghae was too tired to start an argument.

“Ne,” he replied in a zombie-like tone and then slouched back into his seat, Eunhyuk turned to give his friend a concerned look but Donghae pointed to the clock, implying that he will explain it to him after class.

He then raised his eyes to the ceiling and mumbled, “Aish, whats the matter with me?”

Should I tell her I didn’t mean it? Hmm . . . maybe Mei-Ri. Just hope nothing ruins my mood.

While kicking the pebbles across the sidewalk, you lazily walked towards your class. “Stupid Donghae,” you mumbled, “always being mean to me!” You folded your arms and pouted your lips when you heard a sharp cry coming from behind you.

“Hey you!”

You swiftly turned around to see a group of girls walking towards you and they did not look happy. One of the girls who was dressed in black t-shirt, leather jacket, tightly fitted skinny jeans and designer boots approached you. Her rugged appearance started you a bit.

“Are you Kim Mei-Ri?” she asked munching loudly on her chewing gum.

You nodded you head softly and asked, “How do you know who I am?”

“Oh we know everything about you.”

You paused for a second since her tone sent a shiver through your spine. “Who are you?” you asked trying to find your voice again.

The girl scoffed and walked closer towards you while invading your personal space. “Heo Gayoon. Doesn’t ring a bell?”

HEO GAYOON

 

You shook your head slightly while presenting a subtle smile.

“Well then, don’t you worry. By the time I am done with you today, I will make sure you wont forget me.”

You raised your eyebrows. “W-what d-do you want?”

“WE WANT,” she suddenly screamed causing you to flinch back a bit, “you to stay away from SJ and SJ-M oppas.”

“Eh?”

She began circling you while scanning your hair and wardrobe choices. "Hmm . . . lets see. Flat hair, tan complexion, cheap branded clothing, and a personality of a dead rat!" The girls roared with laughter except one with softer facial features who did nothing but stare at you the whole time. "Why on Earth would you hang out with SJ and SJ-M and especially Donghae oppa? You are a pathetic existence! They are way out of your league."

You sighed. You had to go through this again? Just when you were recovering from your previous dreadful memories, these girls had to show up. You stuck to your high school plan: just ignore them.

"I don't know what you are talking about," you replied back.

Gayoon suddenly grabbed your wrist and began to twist it.

"Yah," you exclaimed in pain while trying to pry your arm from her firm grasp, "what do you think you are doing?"

"Gayoon-ah," came a soft voice from behind. It was the quiet girl. "Don't."

YUN JU

 

"Don't tell me what to do Yun Ju!" Gayoon spat back and then turned towards you, "You think you are so smart? You have no idea what I am capable of! Do not mess with me! Whatever I say goes, arasso? Stay away from them. Donghae belongs with Jessica unnie!"

She released and you saw the red mark on your wrist. You tugged gently on your sleeve to cover it and when you looked up, you noticed them walking along the pathway towards the building. Yun Ju occasionally turned around and curiously gazed upon you before catching up with the other.

You shook your head in disgust. You have heard so many similar threats back in high school and you were not going to let this one stop you from continuing on with your life.

I am not scared! I shouldn’t be scared. Right?

Then why was your heart beating like crazy?

Your morning class finished around 11:30am. After exiting the lecture hall, you sat upon the cold stone staircase leading down to the second floor and rested your head upon the railings. It was only your first class yet you still wanted to go home and sleep. You were so ridiculously lazy! While paying no mind to the shuffle of sneakers beside you, you gently felt your eyelids drooping. However, a sudden flash immediately jolted you awake! You looked up in shock and saw Henry chuckling with his iPhone.

"Yah! Wae?" you whined, "Delete it!"

"No way I am definitely keeping this. Look at you pouting!" he exclaimed childishly while lifting the phone above his head to avoid your reach.

You desperately jumped up and down while trying to grab the device. Unfortunately, you misjudg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter