Meeting Henry and SJ-M

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay that wierd uploading problem has been fixed. AFF kept rating this chapter even though I didnt mark it!!! It has a mind of its own!!! AHHH!!! HEHE i WILL BE UPLOADING CHAPTER 5 SOON AS WELL SO KEEP A LOOK OUT!!! :) 

 

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! :D

 

 

 

Rays of sunlight penetrated through the window blinds and fell upon your eyes. You scrunched up your face and turned away from the window all while pulling the covers tightly around you. Just then, you heard your mother's alarming voice calling you from downstairs. You groaned and pulled your pillow over your head trying to block out all the noise.

"Hmmm . . . I would like mornings better if they started later," you mumbled in your sleep.

Your mother then barged into the room and exclaimed, "OMO! What are you still doing in bed? Its already 8:00!" That immediately woke you up.

"Eh? Ahhh Otteoke? I have class at 9:00!" You pulled the covers off of you and leaped across the room to brush your teeth and get ready. While grasping for your tote bag with one hand and helplessly trying to wear your cardigan with your other, you raced downstairs and passed the kitchen not bothering to eat anything.

"Umma! Unnie, didn't eat anything again!" your sister exclaimed. "

Mei-Ri ah! Come on, you have to eat something in the morning!"

"Mianhe umma, I'll grab something before class! Bao yu is waiting for me!" Bao yu was your best friend or more accurately your first friend ever since you met her in your sophomore year of high school. Since you had skipped fourth grade, you were the youngest in all your future classes making Bao Yu older than you. Still, you refused to call her unnie because you two were just too close. She had been out of town for an internship the whole summer so you had not seen her for months. Bao Yu had called you the night before revealing the details of her trip and that she had a special person she wanted you to meet. You wondered who it could be.

Within moments, you arrived at the bus stop and frantically paced back and forth while waiting for the bus to arrive. However, something seemed to appear odd when you heard soft whimper emanating from behind the glass panel of the bus stop. Being curious, you stepped behind the panel and noticed a group of 10 year old boys surrounding another boy who clearly looked younger than them. They continued to poke, push, and shove the boy until he landed face first on to the cement. You gasped in shock of what was taking place before you.

“Yah!” you exclaimed, “What you kids think you are doing?” Without even thinking, you marched straight up to the group. Once they knew they have been caught, the boys fled the scene in different directions. You, however, had no interest in chasing them. Instead, you were more worried about the little boy who stood crouched upon the ground blowing on his scraped knee.

“Omo! Kwenchena?” you asked bending down to the boy’s height. You then knelt and took some tissues from your bag and gently dabbed the bruise. Blood began to seep from the boy’s knee which in turn caused you to grow shocked. “Ani, stop! Go back in!” you said hysterically as the young boy looked at you with deep curiosity. Desperate for help, you recklessly turned your head from side to side to see if you could see anyone who could help you. Finally, you then noticed an older man walk out of a parked black Mercedes in front of you. His old age was quite obvious since he walked with a cane in an attempt to hide his small limp. You noticed he had a handkerchief in his left pocket. “Excuse me Ajhussi!”

The man turned around, lowered his specs, and looked at you.

“May I borrow your handkerchief?  This little boy got hurt and I need to bind his wound.” Interest and bewilderment was evidently present upon the man’s face as he gazed at you.

“Sorry?” he asked in his deep voice.

You sighed deeply. From the looks of his attire, you knew he must be some sort of aristocrat or businessman, the people you truly despise. You have always seen so many articles about their scandals that you couldn’t bring yourself to like them even though their businesses do aid the nation’s economy to thrive.

“Ahjussi, I understand that you must be fond over your expensive, silk handkerchief, but this boy is hurt, so can please use whatever ounce of kindness there is in your heart to help him?”

The man smiled, walked up to us and bent down to our level while balancing on his cane. He gently wrapped the silk handkerchief around the boy’s knee and bound it tightly. Glancing to the right, he spotted a nearby police officer and called him over.

“This young boy is hurt so can you please take him home?” he asked. The man’s behavior was quite different from your expectation of the rich folk and this caused you to grow more interested. The boy walked hand in hand with the police officer and gently waved goodbye to you. You returned his gentle gesture with a smile and a small wave. You then turned around and noticed your bus had just left the stop.

“Aniya!” you exclaimed and ran to the curb. You stomped your foot and pouted. “Ah otteoke? Now I am going to be even more late!”

The man still viewed you from afar and seemed to find your personality quite intriguing. You were sweet, gentle, kind, resolute, and very cute. He never usually sees girls like you in the company. Typically, all his business friends tend to have daughters who are stuck up, arrogant and conceited. You however, seemed to intrigue him with your innocence and generosity. He slowly approached you from behind and tapped you shoulder.

“I couldn’t help but over hear that you missed your bus, so if you don’t mind, I would be more than happy to drop you off.”

You tilted your head in confusion. Who was this guy and why was he trying to help you of all people? But you realized that you had no choice and by accepting this man’s offer, you would get you to your class. You nodded your head and entered into the vehicle which sped down the busy streets.

“Where do you have to go?” he asked.

“Seoul University.”

“Ahhh, so you are a student? You know my son goes to this university as well”

What is with this creeper Ahjussi? You simply nodded, unfolded the newspaper article in your bag and began reading it in an attempt to avoid and further conversation with the strange man. You skimmed through the job ads and highlighted those which seemed to be of interest to you.

“Why do you need to work?”

Aish! This Ahjussi! So nosy! “To make a living,” you replied softly, “My parents are working hard for my tuition and I feel as if I am doing nothing to help them so I am planning to work.”

“So your parents want you to do work-study?”

“Actually, they don’t know. My dad actually has double shifts and comes home with backaches. I can’t help but feel bad about his situation. Whenever I ask him about it, he says he is happy to work that hard, as long as I am able to study and live a good life.

At this point, the man grew even more interested at you. Seeing your dedication, he was astonished and also quite stunned that there could ever be a committed, sweet girl like you. He didn’t ask anything else through the ride there but kept his entire focus on you as you continued browsing through the job offers. Finally, you reached your university and you urged the driver to stop near your class room building. After placing the newspaper article in your bag, you turned to enter the glass doors, when a voice called you back. You turned around and noticed the older man gesturing you to walk towards him. Not wanting to be rude to an elder, you did as you were told. As soon as he approached, he offered you a tiny white card that fit in the palm of your hand.

“The Jade Palace?” you read out loud, “Is this a restaurant?”

“Yes, I am offering you a job there. Are you willing to join?”

You gawked at him. Is he serious? “Are you the manager?” you asked completely shocked with the situation before you.

He chuckled and answered, “Yes, something like that. You don’t have to answer me right away. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter