Heartache

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hey guys! Sorry I couldnt update last weekend. I had an extremely bad upset stomach and felt so nauseous. But I am okay now so yayyy!!! NEW CHAPTER!!!

 

You ran as swiftly as possible without looking back. You didn’t have to anyway. It was the only thing that kept replaying in your head over and over again. No matter how hard you tried, you could never get that image out. The image of the person you fell desperately in love with . . . and his ex-girlfriend, who were not just holding hands, but kissing! What you had feared all this time had finally come true. The two of them had re-kindled their relationship.

The heavy sensation upon your chest became so extensive that it was almost as if someone had stabbed your heart and left it to bleed. The pain you were feeling enveloped you in such agony and distress that tears began flowing from your watery eyes. They weren’t only tears of sadness, but also betrayal, heartache, anger and loss.

Almost immediately, you roughly brushed the tears from your cheeks. He just betrayed you! Why the hell were you crying? You tried to fight back the tears and tell yourself, “ it up and move on,” but it hardly had any effect on you. This was just clear proof of how deeply you loved him. When you fell for him, you fall hard and what scared you most was the chance that you may never be able to get back up again.

Why were you so stupid to trust him? Why were you so goddamn innocent? And why the hell were you so freakin retarded? It didn’t take long before anger consumed you. But you weren’t angry at him. You were angry at yourself. When your legs began to tire out, you dropped to your knees while panting heavily from the tedious run. In that brief moment, you screamed as loud as you could while clutching the damp soil tightly with your fingers. You weren’t sure if anyone heard you, and quite frankly, you didn’t even care. If you hadn’t screamed, you would have definitely punched the next person who walked up to you. After a few minutes, you then pulled yourself back up and began walking back to the campsite.

Tears continued to stain your rosy cheeks. You didn’t bother to wipe them away this time. You felt so tired and weak that you wouldn’t be surprised if you collapsed on the ground at this very moment. Regardless of your bloodshot eyes and weary limbs, you continued walking until you came across your cabin. Just as you were about to step foot inside, a small voice startled you.

“Mei Ri-ah?”

You turned to see Bao Yu from the side of the cabin, probably coming back from hike down the mountain with the guys. Everyone had wanted to meet back here before midnight. She saw the endless array of tears dripping from your chin and couldn’t help but be concerned.

“A-are you alright?” she stammered with a tinge of fear in her voice. She had never seen you at such a weak and vulnerable state before. “What happened?”

“B-Bao Yu – ah,” you finally croaked with a raspy voice, “N-na otteoke?”

“Why are you crying?”

“I-I trusted him and h-he – “

“Trusted who? Donghae? What did he do? For God Sake spit it out!”

“HE WAS KISSING SICA!”

Bao Yu stood there with wide open, unable to accept what you had just unveiled to her. You took a deep breath and slowly recited your story starting from the moment when Henry unexpectedly kissed you to when you caught Donghae and Sica together on the boat. Bao Yu listened to every detail while offering gentle understanding nods and when you finally finished, a comforting hug.

“I can’t believe it,” Bao Yu stated after you finished your story.

“What’s not to believe? I saw them with my own two eyes!”

“It just seems so . . . sudden.”

“Yah! Bao Yu! Stop defending him.”

“I am not – “

“I don’t care what happened between them on that boat. The point is he still kissed her! Don’t you get it? He still has feelings for her even though he promised me he didn’t. HE LIED TO ME!” You began gasping for breath between your words as you felt that similar heavy feeling upon your chest. “I trusted him, Bao Yu. How could he even think of doing something like this? I loved him so much. And you know the worst part of it all? I am trying so hard to hate him. And I am trying so hard to tell myself that it’s over and to just forget . . . but I can’t. A small part of me actually wants to forgive him. Why am I so pathetic?”

Bao Yu immediately pulled you into her arms and held you close while you sobbed uncontrollably into her chest. After a long time of suppressing your feelings, you were finally able to let it all out.

“I-I want to leave now,” you sniffled, “Can we please just leave? I can’t stay here any longer.”

“Not now, Mei Ri. It’s the middle of the night. But if you really want to, we will leave first thing in the morning. I promise.”

You nodded softly and after Bao Yu noticed that you had calmed down, she led you into the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter