You can’t love me!

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aren’t you going to go sleep too?” you asked Donghae after noticing that everyone had entered their tents.

“Yeah,” he replied, “But I am going to sleep outside for today. Sharing a tent with three other guys is not fun.”

You giggled and began to make your way towards the girls’ tent when Heechul’s story flooded your head. Donghae was going to stay outside by himself? What if a pack of wolves arrive and gobble him up for their dinner? Or what if some mountain lion decides to strangle him and then use his body as a play toy? Or what if there was some crazy serial killer on the loose and decides to drag his body into the woods? You grew more and more paranoid while various scenarios began to devour mind with ludicrous conclusions.

You swiftly ran over to Donghae while he set up his sleeping bag near the stack of logs which the group had used as benches.

“Do you really have to stay outside? You would probably be a lot warmer in your tent.”

Donghae scoffed. “With the hyungs? It is suffocating in there and not to mention smelly. We keep telling Shindong to stop eating beans for dinner but he never listens.”

You shook your head trying to remove the image of being stuck in a tent with a group of flatulent boys. You were slightly disturbed.

“Well think of what Heechul said: Always remember to have a buddy.”

“Ah, I see what’s going on here. My girlfriend is worried about me.”

“Aniyo. I-I am just saying what’s best for you.”

Donghae scoffed. “Well if you are that much concerned about me, would you like to be my buddy for the night?” He held out his arm to you while he lay wrapped securely within his sleeping bag.

You blushed and gently clasped his hand only to have him pull you on top of him. You squealed as he wrapped his arms around your waist while pulling you compactly against his chest.

“You’re so cute worrying about me,” he whispered affectionately into your ear.

You smiled timidly as he made room for you within his sleeping bag. Your diminutive body slipped easily into the cozy case as Donghae slowly fastened it up from the side.

“How would you like to join me near the lake tomorrow evening?” he asked softly while your hair.

“You mean like a date?”

“If that’s what you want to call it.”

You paused for a second while he continued to stare intently at you, waiting for your reply. “I think I would like that.”

Donghae smiled. “Then meet me near the lake at 7, okay?”

You nodded.

“Goodnight beautiful,” he whispered, caressing your cheek and pecking your nose.

“Goodnight oppa,” you whispered back draping your arms around his neck and falling into a deep slumber all within the comfort of having your sweet boyfriend by your side.

While the two of you slept peacefully under the stars, you both were unaware of the envious pair of eyes which meticulously watched your every move.

“A date tomorrow huh,” Sica whispered while peeking outside her tent, “Not if I have anything to say about it.”

The next morning, you spent the entire day frolicking through the woods, playing endless games of volleyball, and joining fierce water gun fights with the boys. It seemed as if there wasn’t enough hours in the day to compensate your thirst for entertainment. The day had passed by so quickly that you almost forgot about the date you had planned with Donghae the night before. You looked around the campsite for him and realized that he was nowhere to be seen. You assumed that he must have left to the lake before you.

As the daylight began to fade, you ushered into your tent to get ready. After much deliberation, you decided to wear a cute, silky summer dress and a simple cardigan on top since it was quite chilly during the night. You slipped on a pair of converses and headed out into the forest trail. Donghae had told you the exact path you should take in case you were to lose your way within the woods.

You continued walking when you heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter