Ghost Story

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hello lovelies! Sorry for the delay! I had midterms! GRRRR!!!
SO I DECIDED TO DO A DOUBLE UPDATE! YAYYY!!!! ENJOY!

 

Everyone arrived at the campsite within a few hours of traveling within the dense forest trail. While the boys began setting up the tents, the girls prepared dinner (except Jessica and Gayoon, of course). Yunjin grilled a few pieces of fresh vegetables while you and Bao Yu began slicing fruits which you both had picked up from the long hike. After a few conversations with Yunjin, you realized that she was actually a very sweet girl and was nothing like Sica or Gayoon. In fact, she was the complete opposite of them which only made you wonder why she was trailing behind them like a lost puppy.

After you were done preparing the fruits, you offered to help Henry start a fire. It wasn’t long before the sun had set, leaving behind a full moon that stood within a plethora of twinkling stars.

“Guess what time it is?” Heechul asked wrapping a warm blanket around him. He joined the rest of the group near the fire.

“Do I even want to know?” Ki Bum asked.

Heechul flicked his flashlight on and brought it to the front of his face. “Time for ghost stories!”

You flinched. You didn’t like where this was going. It looks like you weren’t going to get a good night sleep after all.

“No one is scared right?” Heechul teased with a smirk on his face.

“Please,” Leeteuk scoffed, “Ask the girls.”

“We are perfectly fine,” Bao Yu defended while you nervously fumbled with your fingers. It wasn’t long before you felt a blanket upon your shoulders. You looked up to see Henry taking his seat beside you.

“You sure you will be fine?” he asked teasingly.

You smiled softly and nodded. In response, he playfully poked your cheeks causing your face to flare into bright shade of crimson. Meanwhile, you caught a glimpse of Donghae approaching the group with a blanket in his hand. You smiled as he made his way towards you. Unfortunately, before he could step anymore further, he felt a small tug on his jeans. His eyes drifted towards the ground when he noticed Sica smiling widely up at him.

“Donghae-ah, sit beside me for today okay,” she asked in a sweet voice, “It will be just like old times!”

Donghae glanced at you with an apologetic look before sitting down beside her. You nodded understandingly but couldn’t help but feel a twinge in your heart. What were you so worried about? He already told you that he chose you so he couldn’t possibly have a change in heart. Moreover, you didn’t want to be one of those overly jealous girlfriends who would rant whenever they spotted their boyfriends with another girl. If this relationship was to work, you had to trust him.

“What story is it?” Yunjin asked curiously.

“This isn’t a story,” Heechul stated quickly, “This seriously happened!”

“We will be the judge of that,” Zhou Mi stated with a tinge of suspicion in his voice. Heechul, however, rolled his eyes and prepared to tell his story.

“It was cold, dark, rainy night when a young girl and her fiancé were out driving after a long day of shopping for their wedding. It was getting late so the guy decided to take a short cut through the woods: a big mistake. Within a few moments, the engine sputtered and the car slowed down to a stop.

‘What happened?’ the girl asked. The fiancé wasn’t sure but he did see a mechanic shop while driving through the main road. The only problem was that he would probably have to walk all the way down there. He told her to remain within the car and lock all the doors. He promised her that he would return back very soon. After kissing her goodbye, he walked back down the long, dark road. The girl watched from the back window as he gave her a final wave and disappeared within the misty streets.

A few minutes past, then hours. The girl began to grow restless. Suddenly, the wind howled through the woods, shifting the trees back and forth. It was then when she heard that sound.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter