Chuseok Festival

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hey everyone! I deleted the previous chapter (the survey) so dont be confused if you see a chapter missing. Finally updating yayyy!!! i am a horrible author arent I? I promise to write more this winter break. Enjoy everyone!   CREDITS TO THE POSTER GOES TO friedtofu's  ∁ʜσcσℓɑτɛ ƴυɱ ♡ 쇼콜라 윰 POSTER SHOP. Check it out the page to get some posters for your stories!!! :)

 

 

“Can I tell you something Mei Ri?” Donghae asked gently brushing a few strands of your silky hair from your face.

You nodded.

“Fear isn’t meant to conquer you,” he stated while resting his chin on your head and hugging you so close that you could hear his heart beat, “It is only there to show you that it is worth it. I know you feel like you want to resist those feelings you have, but don’t. I don’t want you to. If you do, I don’t think I will be able to handle it.”

            “What are you trying to say?” you asked still refusing to look him in the eye. He chuckled and pulled you closer towards him so that you were able to smell his alluring cologne. Gently cupping your face with one hand, Donghae lifted your head so that your eyes were now locked with his.

            “I don’t know. What do you think I am trying to say?” he answered with his lips curling into a smile.

            It was so much fun messing with her!

            You frowned. “Don’t mess with me!”

            Donghae chuckled and brought his lips closer towards your own. “Yah, Mandu!” he called out to catch your attention. You scowled at him since you always abhorred that name for bringing up all those past memories. He took no notice of your irritation but only how cute your pout looked.

“Do you think I don’t notice the way you look at me? The way you divert your eyes every time I look at you? Or the fact that you tremble every time I touch you? And whenever my lips are this close . . . “ He brought his head lower until his forehead was resting upon yours. “ . . . Your cheeks turn bright pink. Why do you think that is? Whatever you are feeling Mei-Ri ah, it’s the same way I feel about you.”

            With every word he spoke, you felt your heart rate accelerating and you couldn’t help but grow nervous after what he said last. The same way you were feeling? Did he find out that you like him? No way. You felt your face grow warm but you mustered up the courage to ask, “So does that mean you like me?”

            Haha I knew it! You just got busted Mei Ri!

            “So you admit you like me?” Donghae asked grinning mischievously.

            You mentally face palmed yourself. He tricked you! Again! How could you have been so careless to straightly admit that? You felt like burying yourself into the ground.

            “Aigoo! It’s so sweet to see the two of you together!” came a shrill voice from the door.

            “Umma?” you asked your eyes open in shock.

            “Stay like that and let umma take a picture okay?”

            Your jaw dropped as a flash dispersed within the room. “Umma!” you whined. She could be so embarrassing some times. You immediately pulled away from Donghae and ran out of the room while pulling your hair in frustration.

            “Unnie,” Mei Lin exclaimed from the living room, “When did you get a puppy? It’s so cute!!”

 

                      

You were back in your room in the Lee Household smacking your head repeatedly against the wall wondering why you were such an embarrassment to humanity. How could he have made you admit that you like him without you being aware of it? Was he some sort of voo doo expert? This was insane! As of this moment, the only thing you could think of was why you were still alive! You could have just rather died after making a complete fool of yourself in front of him! AISH!!! How were you going to face him tomorrow? And speaking of tomorrow, it was the day of the company’s Chuseok Festival.

You were not in the mood for going to a party, especially ones where snobby, rich, business officials are going to striking up useless conversations on issues regarding tasting the finest wines in the world, vacations in Europe, or spending holidays on their private yacht. Joonmyeon had told you about all the previous parties the Lees have hosted within their mansion. It was the same story every single time. Mrs. Lee was always trying to converse with the business leaders and she would be so obsessive about preparation. Everything had to be perfect from selecting the proper cuisine to the choosing the finest linen tablecloths. The entire staff would be busy for weeks which probably explained why you didn’t see Joonmyeon or any of the maids as often.

“You call this dessert?” you heard Mrs. Lee roar from downstairs, “If the Directors come here to taste this, they will call this TRASH!”

You shuddered at the tone of her voice. You were almost certain that Joonmyeon and the rest of the kitchen staff were the ones who had to face her wrath. Sometimes you wondered what Mr. Lee did find attractive in Mrs. Lee that he would have the audacity to love and even marry her. Thinking like this did seem to be a bit rude but your curiosity got the better of you.

Bada scurried over to your side and pounced onto your lap. You giggled as she stood on her hind legs and gazed into your eyes with a curious look. She was too cute for words. Bada seemed to be your sole form of comfort whenever you were feeling down. Somehow, she was able to lift your spirits.

“We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow Bada,” you stated while scratching behind her ears, “Let’s just hope I won’t make a fool of myself again.”

 

 

 

The next morning was chaotic. A few maids were flocking throug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter