Heartache Pt. 2

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
OMG OMG I reached 300+ subbies!!! I love each and everyone of you!!! Here is a present!!! A new chapter!!!! YAYYY!!!! :D

 

Donghae’s POV

While everyone was too distracted with their ridiculous water gun fight, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to sneak away from the campsite to prepare for my date with Mei Ri. I made sure to inform her of the proper pathway to take to get there. Let’s face it. It’s so obvious that her sense of direction is uncanny.

When I reached the shoreline, I could still hear the laughter from the guys emanating from the campsite. Far off into the lake, I noticed the boat that Appa and I had built when I was young. It always remained in that very spot and we never ever took a ride in it ever since Umma passed away. Maybe this was the reason why I felt so freakin siked to finally be able to go on it. More importantly, I was going to go with Mei Ri. God, I must sound completely insane right now. For some reason, my heart started to beat uncontrollably. Why the hell am I so nervous? I can’t explain it but I just feel like going up and beyond just so I could please her. Weird right?

Whenever I close my eyes, she is all I could see. Whenever I catch a glimpse of her walking around, I could just stare at her forever. Admiring her angelic eyes, her rosy, plump lips, her delicate collar bones, her slender arms, her petite waist and those gorgeous, smooth, legs which I just want to forever -

Holy ! What am I thinking? God Damn it! Keep it together Donghae!

I shook my head vigorously to remove any remaining erted thoughts and turned to check if the oars were within the boat. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. Was she here already? I smiled softy and turned around. Surprisingly, I found myself face to face with Sica.

“Hello Donghae,” she said slowly while coyly tugging a strand of hair behind her ear.

“Er . . . hi,” I replied awkwardly.

“So what are you doing here by yourself?” she asked in that tone which used to make my heart leap. Only now, whenever I hear her voice, I just find myself retreating and trying hard to flee from the scene. I guess that deep down, I still have that fear that I might fall for her. Sooner or later, I have to figure out whether I really like her or not.

“Oh are you going on your father’s boat?” she asked batting her eyelashes.

“Um . . . yeah but – “

“Great! Do you mind if I tag along?”

“Well actually, I was planning on going with – “

“You know what? It’s okay,” Sica exclaimed immediately with a fear of being rejected, “I guess you still feel a bit awkward with me being here.”

“No its not that, its just  . . . um yeah you could . . . come for awhile until – “

“Awesome!” she exclaimed and climbed into the boat while beckoning for me to enter as well. I sighed and followed her steps and sat in front of her. Maybe a few minutes on the lake wouldn’t hurt. It’s still early so Mei Ri would probably be a bit late. I took the oars and began to row the boat out into the lake. It remained completely silent. Weird. We used to – well I used to be able to comfortably talk to her. Now, the aura between us is just so cold. I tried desperately to look away from her whenever she would glance in my direction. The fear of possibly having feelings for her overwhelmed me. No way Donghae, you love Mei Ri, not Sica.

I suddenly felt a soft pair of hands upon mine. As I looked up, my eyes met hers. For a moment, she just continued to stare at me without saying a word. I felt my hands trembling so I tried to pull away in attempt to conceal my anxiety. She wouldn’t let me go though.

“Donghae-ah,” she said softly. The moonlight illuminated her flawless face and brought out her natural beauty. Her eyes seemed to twinkle as she spoke and her long, blonde hair billowed gracefully in the wind. It was then when I saw the face of my first love appear before my eyes. So innocent . . . gentle . . . and kind. “Na otteoke? Everything feels so hard. I don’t know what else to do.”

“What are you talking about?”

She took a deep breath and looked away for a bit in order to hide her anguish. “I just feel . . . so lost without you. I just wish I could have told you sooner about how I feel. If I did, it would have never have become this complicated.”

I raised my eyebrows and studied her face. Was she seriously confessing to me? No Donghae don’t! Don’t acknowledge it, you have Mei Ri. I sighed. But she is my first love. I have to show some sort of sympathy to her. What the hell am I supposed to say?

“I  . . . uh – “ I stuttered like an idiot.

“You don’t have to say anything,” Sica stated, her voice breaking. I sighed. Thank God. I was about to have a heart attack. “But can I try something?”

I squinted my eyes, a bit bewildered by her request. It was then when I saw her steadily approach me with her eyes slightly closed.

Ah !

I sat there completely frozen. For the one time when I wanted to move my muscles remained glued to my seat, refusing to pull away. A part of me wanted to run away, but the other part of me wanted to stay there, longing to console her. It was then when I began to understand her. I basically screwed her over. Proclaiming my love for her, but then betraying her soon after. I felt like such a jerk. Soon, I saw tears forming from her eyes and immediately softened in her presence.

Her lips then molded with mine and her arms gracefully moved up my chest and eventually found their way around my neck. She pulled me close and began to kiss me deeply and passionately but I didn’t feel like kissing her back. This kiss felt cold. Distant. With almost no form of warmth or happiness. It felt like just kissing someone . . .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter