Chuseok Festival Part 2: Intoxicated Love

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
OMG I REACHED 150+ subscribers!!!! WHATTT???? Thank you guys for subscribing and reading! I am probably going to update more often since its my winter break!!! YAYYY!!! Enjoy my lovelies!!!

 

There was silence in the air. You started to feel self-conscious as every single guest in the courtyard turned to look upon you and Mrs. Lee. She stood there with nothing but fury in her eyes. All she could think about was how you had the audacity to ruin her dress in front of all those high officials. It disgusted her. She knew this was the reason why she wanted to keep you out of the Lee residence.

Joonmyeon walked towards you and firmly gripped your shoulder trying to pull you away into the kitchen. Mrs. Lee stopped him.

“Not until this foolish girl fixes this mess,” she gritted through her teeth.

“I am sure she didn’t mean it,” Joonmyeon stated trying to get you out of the crowd as soon as possible.

Mrs. Lee glared at him. “You will speak when spoken to,” she replied angrily and then turned towards you, “Well Ms. Kim? I’m waiting.”

Meanwhile, Donghae and the rest of SJ stood in a complete daze after witnessing what happened. “Yah, say something,” Eunhyuk pressured.

“Yeah, why are you still standing here?” Leetuek asked with worry in his eyes, “She is all alone.”

Eunhyuk gave Donghae a push from behind but he still didn’t make any attempt to walk towards you. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to. He just didn’t have enough courage to go up against his step mother in front of all those business spectators.

“Forget this crap,” Eunhyuk stated with frustration and brushed past his best friend and made his way towards you.

“Well?” Mrs. Lee asked gesturing at the stain on her dress, “Clean it.” Your quivering fingers dropped from your stinging cheeks and you grasped a napkin from a nearby table. From your peripheral vision you could see Donghae standing absolutely still. As soon as you caught his eye, he immediately turned away half in sadness and half in shame.

Why aren’t you doing anything pabo?

You sighed. Might as well get this over with. Just as you were about to clean off the wine spill, a hand firmly clasped your wrists preventing you from doing so. Stunned, you turned around to see Eunhyuk standing beside you.

“Bujang-nim (General Manager),” Eunhyuk stated softly, “No offense, but I think you are capable of taking care of this yourself.”

“Excuse me?”

“Weren’t you listening?”

She scoffed, utterly dumbfounded by his straightforwardness. “You dare to talk back to me? Do you even know where you are? What makes you think I will not drag you out by your collar right now?”

“I don’t think you would want to do something like that with everyone here,” he replied, “Besides, you aren’t the type to get your own hands dirty, are you? Now, if you will excuse us.”

He gently tugged on your shoulders and led you into the kitchen. Once you were safe from all those prying eyes within the safe quiet walls, Eunhyuk softly wrapped his arms around you and held you close. At first, you were a bit taken back by his behavior but soon after, you melted into his embrace. Since no one else was present within the room, all you could hear was the soft, steady, beat of his heart.

“Sorry, you had to go through all that,” he whispered into your ear.

“It’s okay,” you mumbled into his chest trying hard to hold back your tears. What actually hurt you so much was that Donghae didn’t do anything to help you. Did he seriously not care?

“You didn’t deserve that so don’t say it’s okay,” Eunhyuk consoled, “Some of these people can be a bit . . . arrogant. It’s not because of you, okay?”

You couldn’t believe it. The two guys who were bullying you in the past were now the guys who were comforting you. It’s funny how life works. You giggled.

“What’s so funny?” he asked a bit confused.

“You’ve changed so much oppa.”

“Changed? What are you talking about?”

You lifted your chin and gazed up at him. “You seriously don’t recognize me?”

“Should I?”

“Remember that story you told me about a girl you and Donghae used to bully?” He nodded. “That would be me.”

“Eh?”

A coy smile formed upon your lips. “I guess you would better know me as Mandu.”

As soon as you spoke those words, he instantly pulled away and intently gazed upon your face.

“Seriously?” he asked, his voice faltering, “You look so . . . different.”

“So do you.”

“I don’t believe it. Does Donghae – “

You nodded but your smile vanished when he mentioned that name and Eunhyuk was aware of that. Unfortunately, he couldn’t take his words back. He sighed.

“Sorry, he was being an idiot today. I don’t know what’s wrong with him.”

You tried hard to prevent the rush of miserable emotions from overpowering you but it was nearly impossible. The effect that Donghae had on you was just too much.

“Why are you apologizing?” you asked, “You didn’t do anything.”

“You know what? You are absolutely right. I am going to call that idiot right now.”

“Ani!” you cried out, “Let him come if he wants to.”

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter