Sica's Diary

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sorry for the late update! So much presentatons to prepare for. And I have finals coming up!!! WAEEEE????

 

Yunjin woke up before all the girls and decided to prepare breakfast for the entire group. The boys generally loved having soup in the morning so she decided to start with first cutting up some fresh vegetables. After a good seasoning, she swirled the rich consistency with a spoon and brought it to her lips. It actually came out good! She smiled at her culinary work of genius and cleaned her fingers with a dish towel. It was quite warm outside despite it being only 8 in the morning. In fact, the warm weather along with the heat radiating from the stove, caused small beads of sweat to form along her neck and forehead. She groaned and wiped it away with damp paper towel. When Yunjin brought the napkin to her neck, she realized that something seemed a bit off. Her necklace. Her ring. They were both missing!

Her mind was lost among the list of endless possibilities. She could have dropped it while playing in the field yesterday with the boys. Or she could have lost it while swimming with Sica and Gayoon. Her heart immediately sung and she felt a slight throbbing in her chest. That was the only reminder she had of Eunhyuk in the past. How could she have been so careless to have lost it?

She turned the stove off and began scavenging the field for any sign of a gleaming silver chain within the grass. When she couldn’t find after a few minutes, she began to panic. She pouted and tried to remember any moment where she might have taken it off. Maybe she left it near the stream. She swiftly turned around and raced down the hill to run smack into a sturdy chest. Together, they plummeted onto the grass. Yunjin fluttered her eyes opened and noticed two brown eyes staring back at her. She gasped and realized that she was laying on top of Eunhyuk who looked equally as flustered as she did. He cleared his throat awkwardly and removed his hands from her waist, allowing her to get up.

“What are you doing?” he asked after a while.  

Yunjin glanced up to see Eunhyuk gazing at her with a perplexed look upon his face. “N-nothing,” she stammered and continued her search. He was the last person she wanted to see right now.

“It seems like something,” he replied.

“I think I might have . . . misplaced something.” Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows and continued to stare at her with that look of suspicion. “Look I don’t expect you to care or understand but this is something that is very important to-“

“Where did you last see it?”

“What? You are going to help . . . me?”

“I guess. So what are you looking for?”

Yunjin glanced at the ground as a feeling of guilt and sorrow overwhelmed her heart. “Y-your necklace,” she replied inaudibly.

“Huh?”

“Your necklace!” she replied again a bit louder.

Eunhyuk rubbed the back of his neck and looked around the field a bit awkwardly. A moment of silence passed by when he said, “When did you take it off?”

“I never take it off,” Yunjin replied softly yet firmly. Eunhyuk glanced up until his eyes met with hers and he saw that there was no lie in her words. He immediately softened at her expression. He noticed she was under so much anguish and couldn’t bear to see her like this. This was the woman who had once cared for him when no one else would. Someone who would listen to his words when everyone else would ignore him. Someone who offered so much kindness, strength and had always brought out the best in him.

“I guess I will continue searching here. You can go look in the cabin. Maybe it fell while you were sleeping.”

Yunjin nodded and followed his orders. She ran to the cabin and noticed that the beds were all empty. The other girls must have woken up already. She rummaged through her luggage for any sign of the necklace or maybe just the ring but she found nothing. Yunjin groaned and shoved her luggage off the bed. It turned out to be bad idea since it toppled over Sica’s bag, spewing all its contents onto the floor. Yunjin sighed and leapt over the bed and began to clean up the mess.

After picking up a few bottles of nail polish, make up kits, and a curling iron, one item seemed to catch her attention: a small diary. Sica keeps a diary? That is so unlike her. She titled her head to the side and saw that her name was scribbled on one of the pages. She raised her eyebrows. Sica writes about her? She knew it wouldn’t be polite to read someone else’s diary, but curiosity got the better of her. Yunjin slowly checked to see if there was anyone else around. When the coast was clear, she opened the diary to the first page of when her name was mentioned:

September 10, 2010

Today was my first day in high school. It was ok. I hate having to switch schools almost every semester. I don’t even get to make proper friends. Nobody ever approaches me since I am not from their town. They think I dress weirdly and seem stuck up. It all changed when I met Yunjin. She actually introduced herself to me! She seems really nice and we began talking endlessly after class.

October 2, 2010

Yunjin invited me to her Birthday Party and Sleepover! So excited.

October 20, 2010

So Yunjin’s party was pretty cool, except for this one guy who kept staring at her throughout the day. I don’t even think he goes to our school. Weird. He came in with his gang of guys and kept hitting on her. She of course turned him down because of his cocky attitude. I know one of the guys in his g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter