Around the Campfire

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
AYO! NEW CHAPTER!

 

 

Yunjin began to haul the pile of luggage towards the cabins, most of which belonged to Sica. She never understood why someone would need three suitcases worth of stuff for a weeklong trip. Yunjin glanced forward to see that Sica and Gayoon were too busy complaining about the chillness in the air and the damp grass that they didn’t even bother to offer her a hand.

Yunjin sighed. This was the usual case with those two. She followed them wherever they would go while lingering within the darkness of their shadows. It’s wasn’t because she wanted to. It was because she owed them so much. Therefore, she chose to live this monotonous life.

She tossed two bags over her shoulder and hauled the other three with her free arm. She didn’t even move a few feet and already, she felt as if her back was about to break. “Just a little more,” Yunjin told herself, “You can do it.”

Just as her legs were about to give out, she felt a loss of pressure from her back. She turned around to see a tall figure removing the bags from her grasp.

“Aniya,” she exclaimed trying to grab them back, “I can do it.”

Eunhyuk glared intently into Yunjin’s eyes. She knew that look. It meant she had to back off before he starts rambling on with one of his long, boring lectures about how she needs to stop being irresponsible and start taking better care of herself. Although they caused her to drown into an endless pool of monotony, she missed hearing them. Yunjin smiled discreetly but it was enough to catch Eunhyuk’s attention.

“What are you smiling for?”

Yunjin looked up, a bit startled. He actually spoke to her . . . first.

“N-nothing I was just thinking about something,” she replied quickly remembering his previous wish of never wanting to see her again. Although he pushed her away, humiliated her in front of others, and verbally abused her, she just wanted to make peace with him. Being like this . . . not speaking to one another, pretending as if the other person doesn’t exist and avoiding eye contact was something she couldn’t do. It made her feel so lifeless and deserted. Mostly because, there was a time when Eunhyuk was the most important person in her life. 

“About what?”

“Nothing.”

“You were thinking about nothing?” he asked raising his eyebrows. Yunjin gazed upward and admired his flawless face. It still remained the same. That sharp jawline, razor sharp gaze, and those plump lips which used to shower her with sweet kisses but now could only spew sharp words at her.

Seeing that she was still in a daze, Eunhyuk ordered, “Put the other bags back. I will bring them.”

Yunjin watched as he threw the two bags over his shoulder with ease and turn towards the girl’s cabin. “If I don’t, are you going to lecture me?” Yunjin managed to ask with a tinge of bravery. Eunhyuk turned around and scoffed at her before walking down the hill. It wasn’t long before his lips slowly curled into a smile.

She still remembers that?

Eunhyuk tossed the remainder of the bags into the cabin and while Yunjin remained still behind him. He turned around and noticed her soft expression. “What?” he asked slowly, “Do you have anything to say to me?”

Yunjin continued to stare at him. He didn’t know why, but he started to grow nervous. Yunjin felt a rush of painful memories blow up in front of her and she started to feel her heart throbbing with pain. She held back her tears and softly replied, “Mianhe.”

For a moment, Eunhyuk grew apprehensive. He hadn’t worried for someone like this for a long time. For the first time, he could feel as if there was something wrong with her. It was almost as if she was struggling with something and was conflicted with herself.  It confused him but at the same time, made him want to embrace her as he had done countless of times before. But those times were over.

“For what?” he asked nervously.

Yunjin sighed. There was no point in begging for forgiveness anymore. He was far beyond her reach. “Mianhe,” she said again, “For making you carry those bags.”

“Ah.” Eunhyuk replied a bit disappointed, “Umm . . . well what kind of guy would watch a girl struggle like that?” He gave her a small nod and then walked among the stony pathway to the boys’ cabin.

“What are you talking about, oppa?” Yunjin muttered, “I was struggling all this time and you didn’t bother to listen to me.”

 

After he was far out of her sight, Yunjin made her way into the cabin. Sica and Gayoon were already there before her, scrutinizing the room. Sica began fanning herself and simultaneously waved her arms over her head to swat the plethora of buzzing bugs.

“I seriously don’t understand why people think this is fun!” she whined, “It’s disgusting. And look at my new designer heels!” She instantly flung her head around and caught your eye. “What are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter