Trick-or-Treat (Halloween Part 1)

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hey Guise!!! Sorry for the long delay!! Grrr!!! Because of hurricane Sandy we lost power for 5 days!!! WAHHH!!! It was so cold in the house too! I just remained in my sleeping bag like a dormant caterpillar hopping from one place to another! It was so bad that I started praying to Zeus and all the Light gods known to mankind that we could somehow get our power back! And we finally did yesterday!!! YAYYY!!! My sister and I were so excited that we started doing the infamous Beakhyun's Light Switch Dance and our mom was starting at us like we had gone mad!!! WE REGRET NOTHING!!! This storm really hit us bad in the coast lines and there was major power outages throughout the state! Our governor even rescheduled Halloween to November 5th!!! So technecially, this Halloween Chapter is not late right? hehehehe Anyhoo, enjoy part 1!!! I will upload Part 2 soon!!! :) 

 

 

Mrs. Lee discretely peered behind the silky window curtains as you and Donghae left to your house that evening. After she was certain that the two of you left the premises, she sighed deeply and glanced back into the room.

            “You can come out now,” she said lethargically. As soon as those words left , the back doors opened slowly as three men in their thirties, entered the room. They were wrapped in several gauzes in their arms and legs as well as plastered with bandages that covered their deep cuts and bruises. 

            “Its about time,” one of them stated while limping into the room with his cane, “I was about to die in there. It’s suffocating to be trapped in a closet with those who don’t give preference to personal hygiene.” He glared at the other two who simply rolled their eyes.

            “Forget that,” the shortest man replied, “What about our deal?”

            Mrs. Lee angrily slammed her fists onto the table causing the men to leap back in fear. “DEAL?” she thundered across the room, “WHAT DEAL?”

            The men exchanged nervous glances before speaking. They never saw her so angry before. “T-The o-one w-where you said you would pay us-,”the youngest man stammered before he was cut off by Mrs. Lee.

            “One thing,” she said bringing her index finger up in front, “I ask you all to do one thing for me. And YOU CAN’T EVEN DO THAT BLOODY JOB PROPERLY?” She flung a vase towards them in frustration but she missed and it shattered into tiny pieces.

            “Its not our fault,” one of the man exclaimed in panic, presumably the leader of the group, “Your son came and ruined everything! Look what he did to us! It’s a miracle we even came out alive!”

            “He is not my son,” she snapped and scanned their cuts and bruises, “And you all are just useless. Three against one and you still came out unsuccessful?” She scoffed. “What a pathetic excuse for underground gang members.”

“Either way, you need to take care of our medical expenses.”

“I will not be taking care of anything! If you were able to finish off that wretched girl properly then she would have left this house already. With all that shame, she would definitely have not continued with the marriage! Instead, you may have even brought them together you idiots! From this moment on, we are done!”

            “What about our money?”

            Mrs. Lee raised her eyebrow and replied, “You bastards won’t get a damn thing from me! So get the hell out of my house!”

 

 

 

“Why do I have to come again?” Donghae whined as they two of you walked down the dim lit streets. Young children dressed in various costumes including Disney princesses, pumpkins, power rangers and witches put a smile on your face. You really adored the young kids who would stumble upon the front steps of your house every Halloween and cutely sing, “Trick or treat!” It was too cute for words.

Since you were the eldest on your mother’s side of the family, you were accustomed to taking care of your younger sibling and cousins. This began to proliferate largely enough that taking care of others soon became part of who you were. So much to the point where you sometimes forget to take care of yourself. Even when someone offered to help, you would stubbornly refuse. This was probably why Donghae’s sudden concern for you, such as inquiring whether you were cold or whether you were feeling alright sometimes stunned you. It was always you taking care of others, not the other way around. Whenever he would act so sweet, you were speechless. Finally, someone was able to offer a hand to that trapped, shy girl in a dark abyss who was afraid of getting her feeling hurt and give her the capability to freely express herself as one should.

“Hello?” Donghae inquired once again seeing that you had drifted out into your thoughts.

“Mwah?” you questioned.

“I said why do I have to come again? What does your sister want?”

“I honestly have no idea. But I never asked you to come along. You can leave if you want to,” you replied coolly since you knew you would be constantly teased if your old friends and neighbors happened to spot you.

“Are you kidding?” he asked folding his arms, “What kind of son would I be if I don’t even visit my own in-laws once in while?”

You glanced up at him in confusion. Was he really that interested in spending time in your boring neighborhood? Why would he when he has everything he needs in his stellar mansion?

“And besides,” he continued, “We better get used spending time with our in-laws since you are going to be my wife soon.” He suddenly wrapped his arms around your waist and brought you closer to him. Stunned, you glanced slightly towards him, while making sure to avoid his killer razor-like eyes, which made you grow weak in the knees.

“What are you doing?” you murmured.  

“Relax,” he whispered into your ear, sending a shiver down your spine, “Your mother is looking straight at us.” You looked up to see your mother’s brightened expression as you two walked together towards your house.  

Suddenly you felt your heart grow heavy and your vision became blurry due to the tears building up in your eyes. This was the first time you saw your mother ever since moving into your in-laws household. Without having to think twice, you immediately leapt into her arms and embraced her with all your heart. You never really know how much you love something, until its gone.

“Aigoo, our Mei Ri came home!” she whispered tenderly into your ear just as she had always done whenever you were scared or couldn’t sleep. As soon as Donghae crept by your side, your mother embraced him as well. Donghae shyly stepped back soon after while running his hand through h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter