Nightmares and the Chaebol

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Here you are my cuties! The first chapter! So nervous! Hope you guys like it! 

 

 

 

You walked through the dim lit hallways while clutching your textbooks tightly in your arms. Loud chatter and the squeaks of many sneakers were heard. At one point, you slightly turned your head around to see the commotion behind that you didn’t notice where you were going. All of a sudden, you collided into the backs of a group of guys. One of them towered over you, dusting off his sports jacket. He was clearly a jock. “Yah! Watch where you are going you fat Mandu!”

            “Chweseonghamnida,” you stated softly while bowing your head and tried to find the door to the courtyard amongst the pandemonium. This was the usual routine everyday at school. Wake up. Brush your teeth. Eat breakfast. Try not to get eaten up in the hallways. And at whatever cost, try to avoid that jerk, the one who ruined your high school experience from the moment you stepped foot onto the school grounds.

            SPLASH!
            All of a sudden, freezing, cold, water plummeted onto your head and by doing so, it snapped you back into reality. You gasped for air since at least 10 gallons of water continued to pour on you. Eventually the flow of water stopped, but it was accompanied by an eruption of obnoxious laughter. The ice, cold water left you, your clothes, and your textbooks completely soaked. To add to your misery, you were standing outside in the courtyard which was completely covered in snow. Yes, it was winter! Of all days, they chose to pour water on you during the freezing cold weather. Lifting your gaze upward, you squinted your eyes in order to see through your fogged up glasses. And there, in the middle of the courtyard stood the ringleaders themselves, Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae (or Eunhyuk, as everyone casually called him). They were together with the rest of their class who were laughing uncontrollably while clutching their stomach.

“Hey Mandu! I hope you realize this is as close to being ‘cool’ as you’ll ever get!” Eunhyuk screamed at the top of his lungs.

This was how it usually is. Donghae was the King of Pranks and Eunhyuk was the King of Insults. Donghae never spoke much but he should never be underestimated. The entire student body knew that behind that angelic face was a mischievous demon in disguise. More eyes began to enter the courtyard and the laughter increased. Embarrassed, you clutched your textbooks in your hand and ran out of the vicinity as soon as possible. To be honest, they seem to have taken it easy on you today. It used to be a lot worse. Missing your desk, spiders in your locker, and you don’t want to think about dodge ball during gym, where no matter how hard you tried to avoid the ball, it eventually found its way to you. You ran as fast as you could but unfortunately, your large size prevented you from doing so. Eventually, you reached the end of the courtyard but you were prevented from going any further since you were surrounded. The stuck up girls who would yank your hair everyday stood amongst the other bullies with eggs, tomatoes, flour and other food in their hands. This was new.

            Almost immediately, they began throwing everything at you. Your hair was a mess, with egg shells tangled within the strands of your hair. Your school uniform had so many stains on it that it was impossible to recognize what it is anymore. The torture continued. No one spoke up or helped you. Your head started spinning. The laughs grew louder and you looked up to see a large tomato flying straight towards your face.

            SPLAT!

            “ANIYA!!” you screamed out loud and sprang up. You checked your hair. It was not short and tangled, but long and straight. You were not wearing your high school uniform but instead, a tank top and shorts as your PJs. You flicked the light switch on and gazed at your reflection in the mirror on the dresser. You were clearly sweating excessively and your heartbeat raced at the speed of light. It was amazing how much you have changed. You were no longer the four-eyed, overweight, nerdy girl in high school but a slender, college student wearing contacts. “Ah . . . it was only a dream.”

            Suddenly, your door swung open and your father burst in with a baseball bat in his hands. “WHAT IS IT MEI-RI AH? WHO DARE TO UPSET MY PRINCESS?” You ran over to him and cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter