Knight in Shining Armor

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!! LUV YOU ALL!!! HAHAHA  A new chapter as promised! LOL Sorry for the cliff hanger guys! And to heeyoungmi, thank you for requesting people to vote for my story. Its is so sweet of you! I honestly appreciate yours and everyone else's support. THANKS GUYS! ENJOY! For all the HAE-RI Shippers! :)

 

You walked along the sidewalk in silence after work. All you could hear were the soft chirping of crickets emanating from the nearby trees and bushes. Your thought rolled back to when you were within the restaurant.

 

Flashback:

“On the day of your wedding, would you rather see SJ’s Lee Donghae on the altar or SJ-M’s Henry Lau?”

All the members leaned forward across the table, eagerly waiting for your answer.

That question was uncalled for! I can’t answer something like that!

“T-That i-s a bit – “ you stammered.

“Come on, we all answered ours,” Eunhyuk stated, “And answer truthfully.”

You sighed and glanced at Donghae who sat with his arms folded around his chest. He casually gazed at the cars driving by through the window. His stature presented his usual overconfidence and suave aura.

Quite honestly, you seem to lose all your thoughts whenever you were around Donghae. His mere presence is enough to make you speechless. Not to mention your heart seems to have a mind of its own with its erratic beatings whenever he would just speak to you. And when he would respond to you, even if it was a simple nod of acknowledgment, it was enough to send butterflies in your stomach. He had this much of an effect on you but you only yearned he could stop being so cold. You then decided your answer.

“Henry gege,” you said.

A sullen silence engulfed the room. Donghae slightly turned around, a bit taken back with your answer. All that confidence and pride had diminished.

 

“Why him?” came a voice behind you.

You turned around to see Donghae trailing your steps as you walked towards your bus stop.

What was he doing here? He doesn’t care about me so why does he even bother?

“What?” you asked.
            “Why did you choose him?”

You sighed. “I choose him because he makes me feel happy and you make me feel like crap.”

Donghae scoffed. “That’s it? That one reason?”

You turned around feeling a bit hurt that he didn’t seem to get the point. “Yah! You don’t get it do you?”

“Get what?”

“This wasn’t about you winning against him.”

“Then what is it about?”

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. “Are you serious? You’re so STUPID!”

“I’d rather be stupid than be an embarrassment!”

“Mwah?” you asked as your eyes started burning a bit.

“Don’t act like you don’t know! You are the one hanging around guys when you are already engaged!”

He was clearly referring to Henry and you knew it.

“The last time I checked, you weren’t happy with this wedding either, so why do you care Donghae?”

Donghae was shocked from your bold question but he couldn’t let his guard down.

“I don’t care.” And that’s all it took. Sharp words like these to pierce your heart.

At this point you could sense your vision getting blurry. You didn’t want to break down. Not here. Not now.

“Listen Donghae, I am not asking for much,” you said in between sniffles, “You don’t have to respect me as your wife. But can you at least respect me as a human being?” Donghae looked a bit taken back after he saw you on the verge of tears. He never thought you would be so sensitive to a few words he had just said. Before he could apologize, you walked on down the path. Donghae sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

Aish! Why am I letting that stupid Henry Lau to mess with my head? Is it possible that I may be a bit jealous? NO WAY!

“Yah,” you said turning back once more, “Don’t follow me after work again!”

Donghae scoffed. I followed you because I didn’t want anyone else to. But if you are so uptight about it, then maybe I won’t.

“FINE!” he hollered back and walked home.

 

It was past dinner time and you still noticed the door to be empty. Donghae was no where to be seen!

Hmm . . . where could he be? Did he go outside? But what would he be doing at this time of night? And it was supposed to rain too!

You walked out into the balcony and noticed a small figure running around the front courtyard. Why is he outside when it is freezing? As much as he irritated you today, you didn’t want his stepmother to yell at you once again for causing Donghae to get sick. You rolled your eyes in annoyance, grabbed a sweater from the couch and raced outside.

Donghae stood at the center of the court while playing with his soccer ball.

“Yah, you need to come inside!” you exclaimed while waving your hands in the air.

“Don’t tell me what to do!” he coldly replied back and began pacing with the ball towards the goal. You then had an idea.

After removing your sandals, you raced onto the luscious, green, moist grass covered with dewdrops and managed to steal the ball from Donghae. He was surprised and he snickered at your daring move but began to chase you down the court. A light rain now began to coat the lawn. Donghae had caught up with you and you two try to wrestle for the control over the ball. Eventually, you managed to keep the ball in possession and scored a goal!

“I did it!” you exclaimed throwing your hands in the air while Donghae looked dumbfounded, “I finally scored against you!” Donghae rolled his eyes and shook his head.

The rain began to intensify and the drops began to roll down your soft cheeks and dampen your hair. While gazing up the rainfall above you, you paused suddenly to see small water droplets slide across Donghae's flawless face. They eventually made their way down his perfect jawline, neck, and collarbone. A faint blush formed on your cheeks as you noticed his toned abs slyly peaking through his soaked blue, thin T-shirt. You dropped your head low and looked away in embarrassment but Donghae seemed to have caught your coyness. He smirked.

"Like what you see?" he asked cheekily while flipping his bangs.

You scoffed. "Ani!" you exclaimed as your cheeks continued to redden and then muttered softly, "Pabo!"

"What was that?" Donghae asked sharply but you folded your arms and slyly turned around slightly.

"Nothing, its just you are a looooserrrr!!!" That did it!

"You-" Donghae exclaimed fiercely and lunged towards you. Startled, you escaped his attempt to capture you and ran across the field. But he wasn't done with you just yet. He began to chase you persistently as the rain grew heavier and heavier that it was beginning to cloud your field of vision. Your legs grew tired when you felt yourself being lifted off the ground and being spun around. It was almost impossible to believe what was going on that your eyes grew wide open in shock. You then rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter