Valentine's Day.

Lef† to the Dust

 

“Were you guys really out with girls?” I asked Thunder raising an eyebrow. Thunder fiddled about looking uncomfortable. “Trust me, it wasn’t my idea.” he responded wrapping the box in front of him with a bright blue ribbon. Today was Valentine’s day. And I knew I was going to have to clean up all the boxes of chocolates and flowers to be stacked on the kitchen counter. I didn’t bother to wipe the marble counter since I knew I would have to be doing this after trashing the gifts of all the schoolgirls. Thunder quietly and gingerly decorated the box in front of him. He looked at me occasionally and continued on with what he was doing. “Who’s that for?” I asked curiously. He smiled showing his teeth. My eyes widened and I grew more intrigued. “Waee, do you like someone oppa?!” He let out an airy laugh and opened up a plain paper bag. “I really don’t know. She’s a good friend though.” “Yahh! You never told me about her! Do I know her?” I felt like I was playing 20 questions. “None of your business!” he stuck his tongue out and hit me on the head playfully. “Are you going to school with me and the guys?” I shook my head. “I don’t like to be early to school, I’ll be there after first class.” He shrugged and took his backpack from the couch. “Just make sure you come to school!” he called back waving goodbye as he held onto the paper bag with some sort of gift in it. I saw as the rest of the boys filed out of the house behind him before I could say bye to them.

Valentine’s Day. I let out a long sigh. I hated this day. It was the time that the girls back at school got louder right when I thought they were at their best. I scratched my head thinking about Young Pyo’s offer. It was so tempting. I put on a pair of high tops and walked out of the house passing by some chocolate shops. As I walked in a rather fast pace, I backed up to catch a glimpse of something I saw that was a bit interesting. I looked through the window like a little kid. I realized it was the dessert shoppe I used to go with Seungho every week or so after classes ended. He stopped taking me after realizing there were plenty of other girls waiting in the Seungho line to be taken to other shops and cafés. The walls were painted a robin egg blue and the inside was all a nice glossy wood. L'endroit de dessert was the name of the place. The Dessert Place. I walked in, my mouth already beginning to water from all the scrumptious treats. Man did I have a sweet tooth. I blinked innocently as I bent down a bit to have a better sight of what they were selling. Each cake, souffle, tart, pie, everything was closely embellished with golden engraving of intricate designs, and the fruits were formed together to make a cute little animal face. I bought small cake that was cut to fit in a long clear cup. Each tier of it was differently colored and filled with a variety of creams and fruits. On top of it was a dollop of cream and more fruits that made a cat face. I sat in the far corner of the shop and quietly ate my food in peace enjoying each bite. As I did so, I had finally made up my decision. I called the waiter over that was cleaning up a table near the door. “Um miss, can you order one more thing for me? And...” I took out a small index card and scribbled something on it. “can you put this in a box with it?”

Young Pyo’s pov.

“Oppa, u-uh, I-I came to give you this!” a girl said shyly. I chuckled and she handed me a card. I took it and patted her head. “Thanks, I’ll read it later.” I gave a smile and she covered her face with her hands as her cheeks turned bright red. She ran off to the distance, and I finally found the time to open my locker. I placed the card next to all the other gifts I had received and searched through the pile for a book. “This is so annoying. I don’t want anymore cards and chocolates from all these girls.” Jiyong complained. “Well you’re the one who’s so into being popular.” He punched my shoulder lightly and rolled his eyes. “Shut up. I’m going to class first.” he walked away as more girls tried to give him more Valentine goodies. I slammed my locker shut and smirked, turning around. “Well hey there girly.” __ scoffed and kicked my shin. I winced and raised my hand in surrender. “Okay, okay I won’t call you that.” I looked at her hand holding a small brown bag with a red bow on it. “What’s that for?” I asked. She shoved to to me and I opened the bag, revealing a small box. I gave a leering look to her. “Ohh, I see how it is.” She frowned. “See what? What do you see?!” I neared her face, she trying to back away. “You like me.” __ scrunched her nose and gave a look of revolt. She punched the same shoulder Jiyong punched me and let out another scoff. “Me? Puh-leease! I have never liked a guy in my life, what makes you think I’d just start all of a sudden and with you? J-just open the damn thing later! This means nothing!” she stomped off to her next class before I could poke fun at her even more. I grew a bit interested and opened the box. There was a small fruit tart that was glazed with a medley of fruits, all garnished together to form a lion’s face. Next to it was an index card with sloppy Pyeon handwriting on it.

Hey stupid gunboy. I’ll take up your offer.
So shut up and stop bothering me.  

Thunder’s pov.

I happily trotted from place to place looking for __, but always was stopped by a school girl. “Thunder oppa, here is my gift to you!” “Oppa, I made this for you, kyyaa!” I thanked them all and continued my search for __. I finally spotted her heading towards Young Pyo’s locker. “What is she doing with him?” I asked myself. I watched from afar as she forcefully gave him a small bag. I didn’t know if I liked her. But there was something about that action that made my heart drop. Young Pyo came closer to __’s face and told her something I couldn’t hear since I was too far. She hit him on the shoulder and he laughed cooly his hand in his pocket leaning against his locker. I clenched my fist tightly. Another girl came up to me and proffered me her gift. She had light brown hair and had a headband to keep her hair from falling all over her forehead. “Oppa this is for you!” she said. I gave a half hearted smile and thanked her. By that time, __ was gone and Young Pyo was by himself opening the bag that she had given him. I looked at my own paper bag I had tried to decorate. I crumpled it up and tossed it in the trash. “Guess I won’t be needing that anymore.”