Ramen

Lef† to the Dust

 

Your pov.

I stared at the menu with hungry eyes. All the pictures of ramen looked so tasty. Young Pyo lowered his menu and took a peek at me as I drooled over the pictures in the two paged pamphlet. Its borders were gold and the letters were in black with a new year’s red hued background. I took out my wallet and began to count my money like a little kid. I puffed my cheeks in frustration that I only had enough to get something like an appetizer and put my wallet away. Maybe playing so many games at the arcade wasn’t the greatest idea. I could feel my stomach beginning to growl, and I rubbed it with my hand telling it to shush. “Do you want to eat something? It’s on me.” Young Pyo said giving a small chortle. “It sounds like your stomach is singing a song.” he teased. I frowned and whacked him across the table with the menu. “Shut up!” The waiter came to our table and took out a small blank slip to take our orders. She had long flowing brown hair  and had on a simple v neck and skinny jeans. “What can I get for the couple today?” I stood up to protest, but Young Pyo cut me off. “I’ll have the assari ramen with gyoza.” he handed her the menu and she scribbled what he wanted. “And for the miss?” I puckered my lips and perused through the menu quickly trying to make up my mind. “I’ll get the tantanmen ramen, with bulgogi and kikurage with kakuni!” She giggled and nodded writing it down. “And ma’am, we aren’t a couple!” I complained. “Okay okay suurreee.” she sang as she took my menu from the table. Young Pyo poured tea into both of our cups. He blew on the green tea that leveled halfway in the container and drank from it slowly. He let out a content exhale and set the cup down. “So, are you considering it?” he asked. I looked at the table next to us. They were happily enjoying ramen together as a couple eating from the same bowl. It was too cute for my liking. I took a sip from my tea and looked at Young Pyo. “What?” “Are you considering G-Dragon’s offer.” he asked once again. I shrugged. “He wasn’t kidding?” “Nope.” “I don’t want to take orders from him.” “Trust me, from the way you stand up to him, I don’t think you’d have to take orders from him.”I shrugged again. “Those stupid girls at school won’t mess with you anymore. You’ll be a queenka in a way.” “But--” “But what? But Mblaq?” Young Pyo threw his arms in the air and facepalmed. “For crying out loud, since they’ve become kingkas, have they really been there for you? They weren’t even there for you yesterday.” I chewed the inside of my cheek knowing he was right. “Come on, if you join us, it’ll be fun. You’re good at what you do. Put it to some use at least.” The waiter came with our bowls of food, and my eyes immediately lit up again. “Omo, I’m starving!” I said out loud changing the subject. I took a pair of chopsticks and clapped my hands together. Young Pyo gave a small smile and picked up his phone from the table unlocking the screen. “Hold up, don’t eat yet.” he lifted his phone and told me to hold still. I gave a huge grin holding onto my chopsticks as he snapped a picture. After that, I smothered myself with food and didn’t care about table manners. I gobbled down each piece of meat and noshed down all the noodles. “Geez, you’re such a guy.” Young Pyo poked fun at me, and blew on his ramen before he chewed it. I wiped my mouth with a napkin and stretched trying to let the food I had eaten in a matter of 15 minutes set in my stomach. “Thank you for the food Young Pyo-ssi!” He nodded slightly and left a tip on the table. We walked out of the restaurant together. “I should get going. Oppas might get mad at me for coming home so late.” I said. “It’s a school day you pabo. They’re in school unlike you. And besides, would they really care if you came home late?” “Waee, shut up. Go away, I’m gonna go home now.” “Yahh, Pyeon __.” I turned around. “Huh?” “Just think about it okay? I mean, if you join, we can spend more time together.”