Chapter 28 - Surrender

You Stole My Heart

 

After all of them had left Kevin’s room, with Kibum volunteering to look after him, the two were left alone in the room. Kevin was sitting on the bed when Kibum suddenly back-hugged him. He relaxed and leaned back into the hug.

“I told you that I would definitely be back!” I told you that I would definitely be back! I told you that I would definitely be back…

That sentence kept haunting his mind.

They stayed in that position for God knows how long and slept in each other’s arms.

Suddenly, they heard a loud banging sound that startled them out of dreamland. They looked out of the window and saw that the sky was dark. A storm was definitely brewing up.

Just then, a series of desperate knocks were heard. Before any of them could even grant permission to enter, a few guards came barging in. “Your highnesses, there has been an attack on the palace by the darkness!”

‘No… This could not be happening… Were my premonitions really coming true…?’ Kevin started to shiver and shake.

“Kevin, stay here, don’t go out.” Kibum ordered as he got off the bed.

“No… I’m coming along too.”

Kibum reluctantly agreed, furthermore, this was no time to quarrel.

-

When they got to the main hall of the palace where the gates were, they saw the familiar black mist, even greater than before. This time, it had no army.  But it was stronger, definitely. They could sense it, besides, how it could break the strong protective barrier around the palace was proof.

King Eli and Queen Xander were in the front line to defend, and then followed by the generals behind them and their troops. To put it simply, it was quite a threatening sight.

Unexpectedly, a loud amused laughter was heard, before it turned into a growl. “Give me the powers of the dragon warrior now!”

“NO WAY IN HELL!”

All of a sudden, a part of the dark mist formed itself into the shape of a fist. In its grasp, was KyuJong.

All their eyes widened, especially YoungSaeng’s.

“Behold, the hidden son of the Great Oracle! The only descendant of the Oracle! The boy who inherited the divine powers of his mother…” It snarled. It was obvious it was trying to make a deal now.

YoungSaeng eyed the boy who was struggling against the fist and crying. “KyuJong! What happened?!”

“A-After you guys lef-t, it attacked us-!” He choked on his tears. “Umma… umma… She was killed trying to save me!”

Kevin started to tear up. ‘So many lives were taken… all because of me…?’ He couldn’t control his tears. No matter what, he wasn’t going to let so many innocent people die because of him, or rather the powers that he contained, anymore.

The King, Queen, basically everybody, were firing curses and spells at it, at the same time careful not to hurt the boy, but none of them worked. It just floated there, as smug as ever.

“Stop it!” Kevin shouted. Everybody looked at Kevin, shocked by his sudden outburst.

“Leave them alone… all of them… I am what you want. Just take me and leave them alone…” the words left his quivering lips and tears rolled down his cheeks.

“Kevin, NO!” Kibum shouted.

“HAHAHAHAHA!!!” The darkness laughed menacingly.

Despite all the protests, Kevin broke through the defensive crowd.

As Kevin was hoisted up, KyuJong was dropped onto the ground, unconscious. Within the blink of an eye, the darkness was gone and so was Kevin.

-

-Somewhere-

The cave roared to life as their master returned.

“Cage him up.” It spoke, as it threw the boy to a few of the beasts. With that, it entered the deeper area of the cave where it prepared the necessary procedures.

Because the powers were stored in his heart, first it had to extract his Essence of The Heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------TBC----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This story will end at Chapter 30 (: Thanks to all my readers who have supported me till now!