Chapter 19 - The Oracle

You Stole My Heart

Flashback…

He went full-speed; full-rage and fought every one of those – what he would call, bastards – that was in his way. He thought he was going to knock out all of them already, until…

Thick smoke fogged up the area and slowly, his eyelids started to droop. He couldn’t stand properly anymore. His limbs started to weaken. The last thing he heard was his groups’ coughing and everything went dark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he opened his eyes, he supported himself with one arm while the other held onto his throbbing head. ‘What happened?’ he thought. He winced as the memories of what happened before he passed out came flooding back into his mind, making it hurt even more.

Just then, he noticed the others all sprawled on the ground, unconscious. Still in pain, he dragged himself over to them and shook them lightly. They started waking up one by one, all struck by the terrible headache.

Kibum held Kevin close to his chest and lovingly the younger boy’s hair. He hummed softly as he whiffed in the boy’s pleasant scent. Kevin seemed to calm down. Just listening to the rhythm of Kibum’s heartbeat acted as an instant calming drug. He felt that the warmth that surrounded him was all he would ever need. His heart raced just touching him and a feeling never felt before would overcome him…

He noticed that more of Kevin’s hair had turned blonde now and had gotten longer. The others all stared at me with worry in their eyes. I knew what this was about. I shook my head slightly, signalling them not to mention it. I didn’t know what was happening to my little Kebinnie but one thing I knew was that my love for him never even once wavered.

“BAM!” The door burst open and in came a young lady dressed in white, and a white veil covered half her face, leaving only her eyes uncovered. She walked in alone and approached them.

“W-who are you?” HyungJun spoke for the rest.

“And who are you?” she returned the question in a cold voice, continuing, “what are you doing here?”

-Lady’s POV-

My loyal underlings had informed me that a group of strangers had entered the village that night. To be on the safe side, I ordered them to bring the group to me. Seems like they were quite stubborn; they had beaten a few of my underlings, thankfully not that badly.

I walked into the room to find them already awake.

“W-who are you?” One of them asked.

“And who are you?” I shot the same question back at them. Why would they pass by here? “what are you doing here?” I asked again. I reminded myself to put on a cold tone. They glared at me.

“I am Prince Kibum of Xanderland and they are under me.” The prince? “Why should we tell you what we are here for?” He asked challengingly.

At that moment, I noticed the partially-blonde boy in his arms. My eyes widened. The time has come, as the predictions state…

-End of Lady’s POV-

-Narrator POV-

The lady’s eyes widened as she stared at Kevin who was in Kibum’s arms.

“T-the boy; who is he?” She had to make sure. “h-he’s blo-blonde?” she stuttered. She was too surprised. Kevin felt like crying when he heard that. ‘It’s THAT obvious? *sobs* She probably thinks I’m weird!!!’ he thought.

‘Who is she?’ all of them were thinking. Just then...

Kibum recognized an aura. The aura of high authority. It was a bright aura. He followed the bright glow, only to see it befall on the lady. Then it struck him.

“Are you the oracle?” He suddenly blurted out.  He wasn’t known as the genius Prince of Xanderland for nothing. For one thing, he had brains besides his good looks that would make any maiden blush. He was also very well-versed in fighting and magic.

The lady smiled hearing that. “Yes, your highness. I was wondering when you were going to realise.” Her cold façade faded, revealing a kind and motherly woman. Kibum smiled in relief. They had finally found her.

He frowned. ‘But why terrorise the people like that?’ “If you have any queries, feel free to ask, your highness.” She broke his train of thoughts.

“Why…why do you put the people in fear by capturing any stray villager at night?”

Her smile fell and was replaced with a crestfallen face. “Come, and I will tell you the whole story…”

----------------------------------------------------TBC----------------------------------------------------

A/N: TeeHee~ This chapter is slightly shorter ^^ Because i wanted to leave a cliffy! *Evil* Haha, no. It's actually because something quite big is going to be revealed in the next chapter :D So stay tuned!

On another note, why do i get such little comments for the last update? >:3 And i found out that as my number of subscribers increase, the number of silent readers increase as well! >< Humph!