Chapter 20 - The Oracle's Secret

You Stole My Heart

“Come, and I will tell you the whole story…”

She led the boys into her own personal chamber and sat them down. The beautiful lady took a deep breath before beginning to tell them everything.

She is an oracle, a person who could foretell the future. It is a very rare power, or a gift that not everyone had the ability to do. She was probably the only one, far and wide.

Being an oracle, being able to divine the future… you might think it’s cool, but it’s not – at least not as cool as you think of it to be. She didn’t exactly know the reason why, but oracles couldn’t have a spouse. She was destined to live a lonely life.

But she went against destiny. She met a wizard that she fell deeply in love with. Of course it wasn’t love at first sight; even if it was, she knew she couldn’t.

What happened was, she found him in the woods, badly injured…

-flashback-

“Ah!” a soft groan of pain travelled to the young oracle’s ears. By instinct, she immediately traced the direction where the groan came from. As she stepped closer and closer, the groans got louder and louder.

She peeled away the branches and leaves that were in her way, and a handsome young man was lying on the ground, obviously in pain. He was a wizard, she could tell at once. But that wasn’t the point. He was lying in his own pool of blood and was coughing out blood.

“Are you ok?” she rushed to kneel down by his side and checked his wounds. He was badly injured both externally and internally. He was suffering from internal haemorrhage and had to be tended to, quick.

She struggled to stand him up as she pulled his muscular arm over her shoulder and guided him to her home. She trudged into one of the guestrooms. She didn’t mind the blood staining her clothes – at least not at that moment. She lay him down gently on a bed and started to tend to his wounds. The internal bleeding was quite excessive and she had to stop it before it was too bad.

Without hesitation, she lifted him up into a sitting posture and gathered her internal energy. With one strong gesture of her hands, she transferred some of her internal energy to him to stop the bleeding. She knew the bleeding was successfully stopped when she noticed that he was no longer in much pain, and he was sleeping peacefully.

When all was done, she plopped onto the spot beside the stranger, terribly exhausted. She would have to rest well for the next few days to recover her internal energy, she thought. She sighed before leaving the bed, only to come back with a basin of water and a cloth. The oracle gently wiped off the blood off his body and cleaned him up.

She admired the man’s gorgeous face. Wait- no, she didn’t even realise that she was staring at him until she felt his hand lightly touch her hand that was in mid-air. She felt a shock run through her entire body and retracted her hand to find out that he was only fidgeting in his sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, she walked into the room, still feeling weak, but still went ahead to check on the stranger that she had saved. She cleaned him and tended to his wounds like she did the day before. However this time, he woke up. They both stumbled backwards a bit, unable to take their eyes off each other.

They came to know each other’s names as time went by. He was Choi Dong Wook and she was Park Hanbyul.

Everyday, Hanbyul would visit DongWook and continue giving him treatment until he recovered. Naturally, they fell in love – to cut the long story short.

They lived a happy life in the secluded hideout of Oracle Hanbyul. The oracle and the wizard both lived in tranquillity there, only the two of them.

However, one day, he had to leave. But he said he’d be back. Hanbyul trusted him, but he never did come back.

A while after he left, Hanbyul realised that she was pregnant with his child… Of course she kept it a secret, nobody was to know that the Oracle not only fell in love, but even got pregnant with his child. If word got out, it would only mean trouble.

During her pregnancy, she foretold that their baby would have divine powers. It was serious. The future of this world may very well be in her baby’s hands. As serious as that.

After the baby was finally conceived, she received something that tore her apart. Her lover’s corpse was delivered to her humble home. It was brought by this black thing that floated about in the air. It tried to take away her baby, but she managed to protect her child even in all the pain she was suffering. It was the only thing left behind by her lover. She swore to protect it with her life.

It was a baby boy by the way. A very beautiful one. She decided to name him KyuJong.

Ever since that fateful day, she moved her hideout to that small little ghost town, and got a few loyal followers to make sure that every villager is in their homes by nightfall. This was to ensure that no one would make a surprise attack on them at night.

-End of flashback-

KyuJong has been the only reason for his mother’s survival for 10 years now. Actually another reason was also because she couldn’t age and die a natural death. Anyways, he was ten already. You could tell how long ago this was.

All the 10 years of his life, he had never seen the outside world, although his home was a little paradise already. It was a huge place that had lovely gardens, and nicely-designed rooms. The entire place had a continental style in it. There were huge lakes and cherry blossom trees that looked absolutely stunning when they bloomed and when they fluttered off the branches. The mother and son lived in peace, so far.

However, lately, she predicted that something big will happen. It would be a huge war. The books stated that a few chosen ones would fight in the war. But the outcome was not shown. The results of the war depended on the chosen ones.

“The books say that I will cross paths with a few strangers who will turn out to be the chosen ones. Among them, will be the dragon warrior. The dragon warrior holds unbelievable power, and he is the only one who can save the world.

His powers and aura would be locked up until he came of age, until the powers are needed because if it was used in a wrong way, it could be very dangerous.” Hanbyul said.

“But Hanbyul-ssi, why are you telling us this?” HyungJun asked softly.

“Because, you are the chosen ones.” She smiled before continuing. “Once the dragon warrior’s powers start to break free, symptoms would start to show. Such as his hair would slowly turn blonde…”

After hearing that, Kevin’s eyes immediately widened along with everybody else’s. He pointed at himself nervously. “M-m-me, ME?!” Kevin stuttered, not exactly convinced.

“Yes, you, honey.” She took his hands into her palms. “The fate of this world lies in your hands, my dear.”

------------------------------------------TBC--------------------------------------------- 

A/N: HAHA i think most of my readers are frustrated that there's barely any couple time here xD Actually i focus more on the plot when writing. I already try my best to add in some couple time.

Was supposed to update yesterday but couldn't finish the chapter in time cuz something cropped up. Hope you like this chapter :D