Chapter 1 - Alone

You Stole My Heart

  I sighed... Another day at the marketplace, another day of stealing... I have no choice but to do this... I was only ten that year...

-FLASHBACK-

I came back from the marketplace holding bags of groceries in my hands. I skipped my way back happily. That day, I had offered to go buy some groceries back home because ajussi and ajumma are already old. I wanted them to have a good rest.

Before I knew it, my house - an old shabby hut was in view. I quickly rushed towards it, about to call ajumma and ajussi to tell them that i was back when i noticed the door ajar. Ajumma never leaves the door open, she would always scold me if i did... Did something bad happen?

With that thought in mind, i hurried towards the hut clutching on to the bags in my hands even tighter. I had the shock of my life...

Through the window,  i saw ajussi laying on the ground lifeless, in a pool of his own blood... My whole body trembled as my eyes glistened with tears. Just then, I noticed another presence in the room...

At the corner of the room, i saw ajumma in the same state as ajussi.... A figure looming over her, devouring her?! I trembled even harder at the gruesome sight. The bags dropped from my hands and the beast spun around and faced me, growling with anger. I could see its bloodied fur and as it growled, i saw it's teeth stained red with blood. I flinched.

I tried to run, i told myself to run away, for the beast was coming my way. However, as if rooted to the ground, I couldn't move my legs at all. My limbs suddenly felt so weak that i was struggling not to collapse onto the ground. With every second it was charging towards me, i closed my eyes awaiting my demise.

My eyes were tightly shut, waiting for the creature's canines to bite into my flesh. However, that never came. One second.... Two seconds.... Three... Four... I was puzzled and i opened my eyes. I saw a man fighting the beast with magic, sometimes using the sword that he held. In less than half a minute, it lay on the ground, dead. The man returned his sword into its sheath and walked towards me.

Eyes still full of tears, I rushed to ajumma and ajussi's side and i weeped uncontrollably, my body shaking even harder than i had.

"Ajumma....... Ajussi......... ireona (Wake up)... Ireona!" I cried as i shaked them, as if waking them up from a nap. But i knew that they would never wake up again.

Suddenly, i felt a big and warm pair of hands on my shoulder, caressing them as if comforting me. I sniffed as tears streamed down my face.

"Aedeul-ah (kid)...." he spoke, "It was just a small wolf demon, however i have to get you out of here. It's pack will be able to sniff for it's scent and find you..."

"Shirreoyo (No)! I want to stay with ajussi and ajumma!" I continued crying.

He sighed as he mumbled a spell. Soon, darkness engulfed me and i collapsed into his strong arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through my closed eyes, i could feel the sunlight shine on me. Everything that happened the previous day rushed back into my mind. With my eyes still closed, I wished that it was all a nightmare and Ajumma and ajussi would be sleeping beside me when i open my eyes.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, trying to adjust to the brightness. I was lying on cold marble in what seemed to be a temple. There were nobody there and tears threatened to fall. However i sniffed and held back my tears. I knew ajumma and ajussi would want me to live on with my life. My eyes were stinging from the tears. "Tears waste salt..." I reminded myself, "tears waste salt..."

Beside me, I picked up a piece of paper. It was probably a note left behind by my saviour.

It read:

I have already brought you far away from home. You should be safe here. Take the whistle and keep it with you at all times. It is a special whistle that only I am able to hear. Blow it when you face danger and I will be there.

I picked up a intricately designed whistle and smiled a bit. I held it close to my heart as I closed my eyes and whispered "Thank you". Speaking of him, I barely even remember how he looks like...

I used the back of my hand to wipe away the tears and took deep breaths to compose myself. I knelt down in front of the altar and prayed to God that Ajumma and ajussi will be happy in heaven. I then walked out of the temple and saw a busy marketplace. It was not the one that ajumma used to bring me to. This was way bigger than the other one back home. I believed that i was already far away from home. -End of Flashback- --------------------------------------------TBC~~~----------------------------------------------------------------

So... how is it? Should I continue it? Or should I just stop it here? Please comment! It motivates me a lot! If there's no comments i won't post! Ok?? XD