Chapter 13 – I-I-I can’t lose you…

You Stole My Heart

-Narrator POV-

“Bummie-hyung…” Kevin whimpered. “It’s night time already…”

“Oh …” Kibum cursed under his breath, for the first time, everyone could see fear and panic in him. Whatever was going to happen, everyone knew that it’s not something good. But what was it really, that could make Xanderland’s best warrior worried?

“MWUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!” (A/N: <--- I know, lame. -.-) Suddenly, evil laughter was heard throughout the forest. The trees swayed violently as someone, or something hopped from one tree to another, at an impossibly fast speed. So fast, that he could not be seen at all.

The prince and his generals looked around cautiously. Suddenly, their watcher swooped down in front of their eyes. He stood before them with curled fringe half-covering his right eye, lips curling into a smirk. Dressed in an old Victorian-styled suit, he walked towards them, never removing his threatening yet mocking gaze.

“Well well, what do we have here?” He said, before letting a chuckle escape his black-stained lips; even a chuckle from him sounded evil.

A weird coldness could be felt by the boys, the hairs on their arms stood on end. It seemed to be emitting off the pale skin of the new presence.

“Vampire…?!” Kibum whispered, so softly that no creature could actually hear it. Nobody but the living dead himself. He had read about them before.

Skin cold and hard like granite; their skin is cold as the blood in their veins are frozen so as to keep them in mint condition. Their skin is also granite hard because the blood is coagulated. Due to the lack of blood flow, their skin becomes pale. A frozen non-beating heart, the ability to not breathe – Vampires are undead, so they dont need to breathe since this is only required for living things. However, they like to breathe as they can smell their prey. And super-sonic hearing and… sharp incisors.

“Yes, I am. A Vampire, or…” He tilted his head side to side, cracking his neck, gaze still on his prey, and smirked, “the Living Dead” He whispered the last few words.

“Let us go, or we won’t hold back.” JungMin warned.

“Tsk tsk, what are you going to do? Weapons like your swords are useless on the Living Dead.”

The generals were really at a loss of what to do this time.

Seeing the group so terrified, the Vampire was satisfied… He snapped his fingers, and in an instant, a whole pack of his kind landed in front of them, circling them. It happened so fast that it seemed that they had appeared out of nowhere.

They were much uglier than the demon, who was actually really handsome. Their bodies looked distorted and they were just a bag of bones. They looked disgusting; their nails were seemingly long, but no, their nails never grew ever since their last day as a human.

Their nails only seemed long because the flesh around the nails had been receding over God-knows-how-long. The Demon stuck his hands into the pockets of his trousers and started walking backwards, until he was out of the circle.

The vampires hissed and charged towards the boys. Unarmed with any physical weapons and magic, Kevin and Dongho were more than afraid. The prince and his generals hopped off their horses and prepared their swords. They knew that it was not going to work but they had to at least try.

More than a hundred vampires were charging towards them, blood-thirsty. You see, vampires have the natural ability to absorb pranic energy from blood. Pranic energy, also known as the Energy of Life, is the energy that we need to live. They are produced naturally in living things and are abundant in them. That’s how vampires survive on blood in the first place.

Since they are dead, they need this pranic energy to live. This is also why they’re called the Living Dead.

Kiseop, Soohyun, JungMin, HyungJun and Kibum slashed their swords through the vampires’ bodies, but it didn’t work, as expected. The wounds healed immediately, without causing harm to them at all. How were they supposed to defeat more than a hundred vampires without even knowing how to defeat them?! They were all sweating profusely, racking their brains to think of a way.

All of a sudden, at the corner of his eye, Kibum saw that a few vampires were heading towards Kevin and Dongho. They were shocked out of their wits and because they were circled, it wouldn’t help to run.

Kibum used telepathy to inform his team to handle the situation while he went to save Kevin and Dongho. Soohyun panicked and was about to rush to save Dongho but their telepathy was intercepted. They heard the Demon’s voice in their heads. “Hahahahaha! Don’t even wish about saving your little lovers!”

In that split second, the Demon was already at the 2 boys’ side. His tight icy-cold grip not even allowing them to try to protest without wincing in pain. “Which one should I feast on first?” the Demon’s voice rang in their heads again, in a teasing tone.

“Don’t. You. Dare.” Kibum stressed on each word. “Tsk tsk, this isn’t the time to challenge me you know.”

All of them knew that the Demon would dare to do it. Kibum was scared. He thinks he loves Kevin. No, he KNOWS that he loves Kevin. He had found out what that weird feeling was and he wasn’t going to lose his beloved, HIS Kevin.

The Demon had brushed the hair off Kevin’s neck, fangs ready to sink into the pale white flesh of the crying boy any moment now. He kept his gaze on Kibum while slowly inching towards Kevin’s skin. The prince had to do something. He knew he had to.

---------------------------------TBC----------------------------------------- 

A/N:  Hey guys~ For this chapter and the next chapter, I totally freaked myself out by researching on Vampires! It's totally creepy! I was so damn scared! You guys better appreciate it! :3 LOL~ Fortunately for you guys, this totally didn’t turn out SCARY. =.=

One question: Do you find this chapter short? Cuz i need to find out how long you guys want it to be so i can make a mental note of the length my chapters.

 Anybody knows the identity of the Demon yet? :D And comment replies for last chapter + this chapter since i didn't have time. (P.S I call the "main vampire" the Demon since Vampires are a form of Demon too~ :P)